SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is there such thing as a FREE online directory any longer???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there such thing as a FREE online directory any longer??? Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
Used to be in the recent past there were plenty of online phone directories that included addresses that one could use for free since nobody used phone books any more. Now it seems everything I find through Google wants to charge a FEE to show me someone's phone number and address! REALLY?!?

Does anyone know of a FREE online directory that works like phonebooks used to? Thanks!!!

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Switchboard.com?

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Did you try the Whitepages. I can still look up my Dad's address and phone number there. He still has a land line though. Won't show his cell number.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Switchboard.com?

Won't give a phone number without charging you... Mad

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Did you try the Whitepages. I can still look up my Dad's address and phone number there. He still has a land line though. Won't show his cell number.

The last time I tried it several months ago it wanted money for what I needed, but indeed it does have a free option now for at least the address and landline, which is all I needed. Thanks!

Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Switchboard.com?

Worked fine for me, I did both a name search and a reverse lookup. Got the data without any prompt for a credit card. Thanks vthoky I'm going to add that to my favorites list.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Switchboard worked for me. But it has allot of wrong info also. Middle initial, suffix ........

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Get a phonebook. Problem solved. Razz

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
AnyWho still seems to work for free.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:
Switchboard.com?

Worked fine for me, I did both a name search and a reverse lookup. Got the data without any prompt for a credit card. Thanks vthoky I'm going to add that to my favorites list.

??? Roll Eyes

Piece of crap wouldn't give me a phone number (land line too boot) without charging me... not sure why your results were different than mine!

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
AnyWho still seems to work for free.

Forgot all about that one since I lost all my bookmarks in my last HDD crash! Will give it a test run and bookmark it if it works better than WhitePages... Thanks!

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Thanks vthoky I'm going to add that to my favorites list.

Glad that worked for you. I use it occasionally at work with good results.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post