SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stamped Concrete Sealer Advice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stamped Concrete Sealer Advice Login/Join 
Picture of bonfire
posted
What is everyone using to seal their concrete patio? Any particular brands?

We have stamped concrete and it has faded over the past year and would like to go with the wet look. First time doing this so not sure which brand to go with.

Got the right forum this time. Have requested the same topic in the Lair to be closed.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super Diamond Clear

http://www.euclidchemical.com/...super-diamond-clear/

Make sure you power wash well, let dry, then spray on and use a roller to back roll if necessary.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Anyone had any luck from anything from Home Depot and Lowes? Would be nice to be able to run down and just pick more up if needed.

In war, truth is the first casualty. Aeschylus Greek tragic dramatist (525 BC - 456 BC)

Posts: 464 | Location: North of Seattle | Registered: March 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah that is the problem with SDC, availability. You really need a building supply store. I cannot speak to anything else, that's all I have ever used and what my concrete guy swears by.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Actually, mine has really taken a beating from the hard rainfall and tropical downpours over several years here in South Florida. I'm also looking to have mine resealed in the near future also. Good thread! I'll definitely be using a local contractor but having a little education goes a long way.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonfire:
Anyone had any luck from anything from Home Depot and Lowes? Would be nice to be able to run down and just pick more up if needed.

I used one I purchased at HD. Sorry I can't tell you the specific one as I used it all up. I want to say it was their Behr brand.

I applied it last summer and it still looks good this summer so that's all I can tell you.

Only thing I didn't like was that it made the concrete even more slippery, but I think that would be the case with any sealer. I'm almost regretting going with the stamped concrete walk as it doesn't have a brushed surface so it's pretty slick.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bonfire
posted Hide Post
Ours has the same issue of being slippery.

They do make a product that you can add to the sealer to prevent the surface from being slippery. It is called Shark Grip. I am thinking of giving it a go on part of ours to see if it works.

posted Hide Post
Surface logix cobble coat seems to be what everyone is using here in South Florida, depending on which one you use, it gives a very "wet" look and seems to hold up well in the hot South Florida sun. Pavers you want to go with a water based usually. Stamped concrete can go with a solvent based for more of a wet look. If you go with a solvent based on pavers, they get too much water underneath the pavers through the joints and the solvent based locks the humidity in the paver and they tend to look milky.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8690038224

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post