SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New old 1977 280z
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New old 1977 280z Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I had a 1976 260Z. or rather my first wife did. I never really bonded with that car. Not sure how soon after the divorce she sold it.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I owned a 300Zx. Great car but went thru 2 transmissions. Used to drive to Saratoga WY every summer to visit parents. Wonderful to cruse the interstates. Sold if for $200 more than I paid for it when my bride began babysitting for grandchildren. Love to find it again!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I had a '73 240Z...really fun car and reliable as well.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Great cars and the Z cars probably put Datusn/Nissan on the map in the US.
The first era 240 & 260's with early smog and safety stuff were the less desirable.
There were a lot of really good after market performance parts made for those cars but they weren't bad even as stock.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a new '77 280Z. Sold it (rust free) three years later for near what I paid.

Wish I had waited a few months for the '78 280Z with Stereo radio and 5 speed transmission.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Sister's husband doesn't also own a Ferrari does he? And live in Plano?

That sounds awfully familiar.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12404 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We had a couple of 280 ZX, one two door in brown, then a 2+2 in white with red interior, t-tops, great cars fun to drive. Very similar to this

Posts: 23397 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Georgeair - no, the car is in Marshall TX just west of Shreveport. They offered to throw on their car carrier and deliver but I know how busy they are. Decided to ship it to FL - anyone have a door to door shipping company you'd recommend?

It's that or I rent a carrier and tow with my Ridgeline...just not sure where I find the time. If anyone has a suggestion let me know. Getting updated pics later this weekend.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
In 1980 I worked with a guy who had a "Z" that was about 3-4 years old at the time. Now, I generally don't like Japanese cars (or trucks either) as I still hold onto my WWII grudge.... but I'll have to admit that was one of the damndest cars I had ever seen. Six cylinders in line (Jaguar style) with 3 side-draft carbs (as I remember it)... and absolutely NO shortage of power. And one thing I remember best about the car was how quickly the engine got warm. When he went 2 miles how to dinner each evening that thing would be blowing HOT heater air in about one block - in the middle of the winter. As I said -> heck of a car.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Decided to ship it to FL - anyone have a door to door shipping company you'd recommend?

I believe our member "cmr076" (the cat whisperer) has mentioned having significant experience with shshippers.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a friend that was working shift work in a copper smelter but driving 70 miles to work.
He went to sleep on a lonesome two-lane and rolled his almost new 280Z, and walked away from the wreck.
Insurance paid him off and he bought a brand new one. Yep, he rolled that one too, was unhurt.He did line up housing closer to the smelter after that. God, those cars were scary fast.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
My 73 240Z was one of my best cars ever!
Congrats. Cool

My advisor in grad school had a '73 he had bought for his daughter. I took it to work one day to get it inspected for him.

I loved driving it, but there was no way it was going to pass inspection as its floorboards had rusted. It was like driving the Flintstone car, watching the road rush along beneath me! Big Grin

(Regardless, I would have bought it from him if he had offered!)

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post