SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rep. Trent Franks expected to resign
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rep. Trent Franks expected to resign Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If he bucked so easily in the face of adversity is he really someone you want representing you? I'm wondering if there is more to it. Something worse than what I've read so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
If he bucked so easily in the face of adversity is he really someone you want representing you? I'm wondering if there is more to it. Something worse than what I've read so far.

I suspect he's afraid of what else will come out....
he may be a "Good Guy" but he's one stupid mother fucker, so just how "Good" could he be?
I would say any one on this forum could do a better job, without running their mouth, like these ass hats do.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know that I don't have enough information to pass any judgement here, but I do enjoy a good whack with a stick just for being a member of a certain group.

Gets my blood flowing in the morning. Smile

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he misunderstood how the surrogate becomes pregnant.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://finance.yahoo.com/news...21955--politics.html

A former aide to Republican Rep. Trent Franks has told The Associated Press the congressman repeatedly pressed her to carry his child, at one point offering her $5 million to act as a surrogate.

The eight-term Arizona lawmaker abruptly resigned Friday, bowing to an ultimatum from Speaker Paul Ryan. Ryan told Franks that he would refer the allegations to the Ethics Committee, and urged him to step aside.

The former staffer said the congressman asked at least four times if she'd be willing to act as a surrogate in exchange for money. Franks, in his statement announcing his resignation, said he and his wife have struggled with infertility.

The Associated Press verified the identity of the staffer, who asked that her name be withheld out of concern for her privacy, and confirmed that she worked in Franks' office.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Maybe he misunderstood how the surrogate becomes pregnant.

Yeah, another swamp dweller gone.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"bowing to an ultimatum from Speaker Paul Ryan"

Is the A.P. quoting anyone, or do they know the difference between news and an editorial?

Posts: 1351 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This whole sexual harassment thing is reaching the point of exhaustion with me. It's nearing the cry wolf third stage.

Who here takes every person that crosses your life at face value?

Are women incapable of being liars?

What's the reason behind the smile shown in the first photo of this article? And she presents that photo as proof?

I do believe that Hoffman is no archangel. But darn if she wasn't too.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
This whole sexual harassment thing is reaching the point of exhaustion with me. It's nearing the cry wolf third stage.

Who here takes every person that crosses your life at face value?

What's the reason behind the smile shown in the first photo of this article? And she presents that photo as proof?

I do believe that Hoffman is no archangel. But darn if she wasn't too.

I tell my boys this experience is a great learning moment. Law/morality/ethics. We have a little bit of all of it here. I tell them maybe we can have a national day of attonment because that's probably the only way this can end.

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:
I live in his district and he is my representative...this is sad to see as he was one of the good guys.

A shame... he buckled to the pressure of "the appearance of impropriety".

Well, only he and his victims know what is behind his resignation. Propositioning his female staffers seems pretty reprehensible. He was one of the "good guys" until his real self was exposed. And then he wasn't.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It all ain't bad. Another nail in the coffin of Pelosi. Go ahead, eat your own and release the Krakken.

Btw, yes. The suddenness of Franks' resignation indeed raises eyebrows and squinting of the eyes.

And then there's this beauty.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In some women, lying is more like a sport. Sort of excitonium. Which we know is made up of an escaped negative charge and the hole it left behind.

posted Hide Post
The way this is going, I propose a litmus test to consider the allegations.

1) Is the accused a Democrat or a Republican;
2) Is the accuser a Democrat or a Republican;
3) Is Gloria Allred intervening in the case and for whom;
4) Is there any video/photographic evidence;
5) Did someone wear a wire;
6) Was a stenographer present;
7) If a Judge is involved, did he order shutting down the courtroom's mics before and after the presentation of a case;
8) If a Judge is involved, did he order shutting down the courtroom's mics during the presentation of the case;
9) If a Judge is involved, did he order shutting down video recordings in Chambers;
10) Has the Judge ever requested from a bailiff/Marshall to lend him his handcuffs;
11) Is the Judge's favorite piece of art hanging in his Chambers a chain gang-era shackles;
12) Do the chain gang-era shackles ever seem out of place or moved from the previous day's position;
13) Does the Judge keep a supply of champagne and chocolates in his Chamber's fridge.

I do feel that considering appropriately and exhaustively the above-mentioned factors will bring clarity to the matter.

Frown

Listen, I know shit happens---but damn!