SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NGD! Picked up a well worn Yamaha in need of TLC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NGD! Picked up a well worn Yamaha in need of TLC Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Woodman
2014 and newer 000-18 has scalloped bracing, open back tuners, old style logo and aging toner. The braces are now 1/4". The neck is 1 3/4 and very comfortable profile.

You can check the serial numbers. Many places will sell at 60% of MSRP about that price.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gents, I've had a while to enjoy my SE/PRS A10e acoustic and my Yamaha and it is quite frustrating when a $60 Yamaha sounds better than my $600 SE/PRS.

The Yamaha is noticeably louder and brighter in sound. The SE/PRS still sounds great and it is much easier to play but the short scale Yamaha is just a damn wonderful sounding guitar.

Are short scale acoustics typically brighter sounding than 25 1/4 scale acoustics? I find myself wanting a new short scale that isn't quite as beaten to hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post