SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sigforum brain trust: Mixers, we just polished off our 3rd kitchenaid 600 series mixer.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigforum brain trust: Mixers, we just polished off our 3rd kitchenaid 600 series mixer. Login/Join 
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Universal Kitchen Machine, similar to this one

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-M...JYJTK7NMH4SZBF1YW3CJ

It came with various food processor attachments, too.

I like it. It seems to have a lot of power. Many people around here who bake a lot of sourdough loaves love it. I haven't used it for sourdough yet. I do not plan to test it with play dough. Smile

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We've had a Bosch universal mixer since 1982, when my wife took me to the Mormon store where they baked bread to demo the mixer and the wheat grinder. It's been refurbished once; we have replaced the bowl a couple of times. Since the shaft for the mixing blades comes up from the center of the bowl, the dough doesn't climb the shaft. You knead until it cleans the bowl.
Wife has started baking bread again, the Bosch was ready to go with a new bowl. She bakes six small loaves at a time, the Bosch never has trouble handling it.
Of all the electromechanical products we've ever had, the Bosch is by far the best.

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I kind of would be surprised if the Bosch mixer of today has much in common with what you bought in 1982, which was likely made in Germany by a man wearing leather shorts and a hat with a shaving brush in the band.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I ordered all the parts and the grease, total came to 75 bucks or so... I hope i can get it back up and running.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
We bought a Bosch mixer on sale at Costco after our Kitchenmaid 600 series broke. When I spoke with a local service center, they told me in our case, more than the gears had broken.

It had been having trouble making home made wheat bread. We had not used it for many batches.

The second batch of home made play dough finished it off. For what I do, I need something heavier duty than the one with the metal gears.

Interesting.

My wife has made massive batches of homemade playdough for my son's preschool, and makes bread and cookies on a regular basis.

We have the Kitchenaid 600 series and haven't had any problems. Yet, anyway. We got it specifically for the metal gears.

Thanks all for the info, good to know I can replace the gears myself should it come to that.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post