SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ‘El Chapo’ promises not to kill any jurors from upcoming federal trial
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘El Chapo’ promises not to kill any jurors from upcoming federal trial Login/Join 
posted
I wonder who would ever want to be on such a jury. I wonder if Geraldo will be reporting on location?

Here is the link: http://wgntv.com/2018/01/25/el...-to-kill-any-jurors/

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was worried about that. Thank God. I'd like to be a juror on that case.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well......as long as he says so.

Wait a minute.....he promised HE wouldn't kill any jurors.......He didn't promise they wouldn't end up dead.....cheeky bastard. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This doesn’t seem fair. I believe the US had to promise not to kill him before Mexico would allow extradition.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This doesn’t seem fair. I believe the US had to promise not to kill him before Mexico would allow extradition.

I doubt that applies to potential prison yard shanks. Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Fair warning to all potential jurors. My client promises not to kill you if you are selected as a juror in his case.
Love,
El Chapo defense team"

Translation:

"Rest assured that those double-arm length contracts do not have an expiration term.
Sincerely,
El Chapo"

Insert some sort of emoji here

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
How reassuring. He seems trustworthy, right?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"filed a motion asking the jurors not be kept anonymous or under armed guard."

Looks like his plans are exactly to kill or intimidate. This is his last chance at freedom, he will stop at nothing.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That gives me so much reassurance that I'll volunteer to serve on that jury. I'll just need a little help from this guy, though.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now, a brief musical interlude...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0DMbCKnAg

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Such special measures, he argues, send the message to the jurors that Guzman is dangerous and guilty and they need to be protected from him.

Correct on all counts.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that song. I had a hard time deciding where to post it. Either in The Trump Presidency thread, the M. Waters thread, the Speedy Trial thread, the Hits from the 70s thread, the Windows 10 thread, or here.

So, here it went.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
He seems trustworthy, right?
Well, if El Chapo was El Cheezit, I'd have to check the "Not Ready" box.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That's a nice boat you have. Would be a shame if anything happened to it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the last time I had Jury Duty. The defendant was a 6'+ black guy with corn rows, looked like he spent every non-criminal moment in the gym as his t-shirt was on the verge of shredding, and this "I'm going to kill you right here" look in his eye, staring down each prospective juror as they gave their full name and address to the court. His attorney wrote each one down. Given the list of rape and assault charges he was facing I could easily see a few jurors getting a visit from his homeys.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
El Chapo may be taking a cue from crooked fight promoter Don King and just wants to offer to send his jurors on a European vacation, all expenses paid. After he is exonerated, of course. Don's several juries enjoyed fine trips indeed.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post