SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Photo Hosting Solution
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photo Hosting Solution Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
I know there has been a lot of pain recently over the decision by photobucket (and others?) of discontinuing the ability to use their site to host pics for viewing elsewhere.

In light of that, I've spun up a photo hosting site on one of my private servers.

It's all pretty barebones right now and the level of enthusiasm it receives here may dictate the addition of any future changes.

So without any further ado, here is the link:
http://iamwingnut.com/photos/

No login is required for simple photo upload and sharing.
However, if you wish to DELETE any photos, you must login.
The username is: sigforum
The password is: sigforum
Yes I know. It's the most amazingly original user/pass combo in the world!
I considered restricting the ability to delete photos... but I figure we're all adults here.
So don't be a dick and delete someone else's stuff.
edit: This has already happened. See all the places where there's supposed to be pictures below?

With regards to how to use.... it's fairly intuitive - but here's some fancy pics!

If you wish to do so, login:

As stated above, there is no need to login to post pics.

Next, click the album "sfpics". I have it open to all:

Once you're ready to post something, hover over "add" and then choose "add photos":

A dialogue box will pop open allowing you to select whatever pics from your computer.
Once you select the pics you want and they get loaded in (there's a small progress bar as it does so) click "done":

Once the upload completes, you can click on your pic to view it.
Of course in order to use it in a post on the forum, you need a URL.
Right click on the picture and choose "copy link address":
NOTE: This is using chrome. The right click options may change depending on your browser.

Feel free to shoot me any email with any questions or concerns on this.
If you feel the need to keep your own pictures private, I can create you a username/password of your own - so you can have some privacy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: creslin,

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very nice of you for doing this. Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Do everyone's photos all get lumped together, or do you only see photos you have uploaded?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Do everyone's photos all get lumped together, or do you only see photos you have uploaded?

flashguy

lumped together unless you ask for your own private user/pass

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Just did a little testing and confirmed I CAN fence off whole albums based on login.

Edit..
Well damn.. If I fence off an album so that ONLY a user can see it.. then the pics within it cannot be hotlinked out for posting elsewhere. Frown

Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
This image is titled "Uh oh":

I banished Adode Flash Player from my devices several years ago and won't be reinstalling it. I don't know if it is even possible to use Adobe Flash with an iPhone. (Steve Jobs hated it, preferring to use HTML5 instead.)

I use Chrome and its integrated Flash whenever I come across a website that requires Flash. However, that screen capture was made while I was using the latest version of Chrome (59.0.3071.115) for mac OS Sierra 10.12.5

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
You got that on my site?
I'm using the exact same version of chrome and OSX that you are and I do not get that....
Interesting....

Edit:
I get the same error when using safari

Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did get that Flash message on your site using the latest version of Chrome. I have a less cropped screen capture, but you seem to believe me. Smile

The issue occurs in an Incognito window as well, which should rule out an adblocker issue.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
and there is now a fancy html5 uploader instead:

Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
Now this is Tatoosh Island:

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
Now this is Tatoosh Island:

http://iamwingnut.com/photos/v...osh.jpg?m=1500967603

You didn't use the photo flags on the forum dialogue box:

[ IMG ] [ /IMG ]

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
also... I think I just figured out the whole "cant link private pics" problem

Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
You didn't use the photo flags on the forum dialogue box:

That post is a work in progress ...

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Added/enabled a few extra features.

We now have a "links" button.
Clicking "show URLs":

Will get you to this dialogue box:

Where you can use either the full size or resized image links.

Or even a tiny thumbnail!

posted Hide Post
Just so you know, I created an album "JimTheo" and uploaded a test photo into it so I can test using it (I am not real good at photo sharing sites or their process). I know that you said separate albums need separate logins, but I thought I read you found an answer. If it is a problems, just delete this stuff.

I figured that a separate album under our distinct names would be an easier way for the bunch of users to find their own stuff to use, and will eliminate the possibility of duplicate names overwriting others' work.

As for hosting/linking for other sites, at this time I have no use for that and it would seem to me to be a bit disrespectful in any event. I would use what is uploaded for here only. May change in the future.

Anyway, this is very gracious of you to supply this "bucket" for us to draw upon.

Thanks!!!

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
creslin,

very nice indeed of you to do this for the forum. Thank you.

Cheers.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post

That works ! My being built 6mm br al, coming soon !
You see I made a folder Haveme1's folder inside of the sfpics folder?
Is that what you want us to do?
Is it ok to use this storage/sharing on other sites or do you want it to be for only here ?

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have no problems with it being used on other sites.
Would simply prefer to not publicize the existence so I suddenly don't end up with 30 million people uploading stuff :P

Folders and/or subfolders are also perfectly fine (and honestly a good idea lol)

Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
Creslin, thanks!

I just updated the following post: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6860099614 using your site, and it was easy as pie.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiNNiK
posted Hide Post
Thanks creslin.

Posts: 517 | Location: Austin, Tx. | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post