SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaii - Oahu & Pearl Harbor (Large Pic Heavy)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaii - Oahu & Pearl Harbor (Large Pic Heavy) Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks, brings back memorirs! I spent 3 years there on a Cruiser! I need to go back!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing pictures.
Pearl Harbor is on my bucket list of places to see.

Posts: 25 | Location: Sunny Flats. | Registered: October 02, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, awesome trip and pics. Thanks for sharing. I went to Pearl Harbor with my parents when I was 9 and unfortunately they made the mistake of not making sure it was open. It happened to be the only day we could go as we spent most of our time on Hawaii. We get there and all we could do is look on from afar. Frown My dad served in the AF, maybe that explains things. 80's problems, Lol.

Hoping to return at some point with my kids.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Since you couldn't get over to see the Utah, here's a pic I took not long ago. It really is a surreal feeling, being able to see a few feet down in the water, the size of the ship and knowing what happened that day.

Posts: 1982 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Utah post. We asked a few times but we're told active ID was required. We also ran out of time due to the hour traffic delay getting there and the additional half hour of wrong turns because my Aunt knew exactly how to get there and ignored GPS

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed Pearl Harbor and Kolina (Marriott). Nice area.

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
The picture tour was much appreciated. I have stayed at the same hotel as you on this trip. Each time I go to Hawaii, I go to Pearl Harbor to pay my respects and reflect.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post