SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another mother of the year award...snake and toddler
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another mother of the year award...snake and toddler Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Is the mom an idiot, clearly. I am not seeing a felony though. If we start handing out felonies for every stupid person raising kids the courts will be swamped.

I see felony child endangerment.

What exact danger was the child placed in? Perhaps in danger of being given an unnecessary lifelong fear of snakes, is that a felony?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Seems like folks hold some pretty strong opinions about this. I gotta admit I agree that "stupidbooking" it was moronic, and it may not have been the best way to teach the kid about snakes, but I don't see any felony either.

Shoot, I taught our kids about hot by holding one of their hands close enough to be uncomfortable but not close enough to burn and saying "Hot." The glass on the front of the fireplace, the open fireplace full of red hot coals (probably the safest as we were both wanting to pull away at four feet), the front of the oven, over the top of a lit burner (start a foot or two up and work down slowly until they want to pull away). Never touched anything, but slowly got close enough that they started try to pull away, then said "Hot." and guided them away. Would video of the exercise generate a lot of hate on stupidbook? Of course it would, but neither of our kids ever burned themselves.

You protect them as much as you can, but you have to teach them to protect themselves too...

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Seems like folks hold some pretty strong opinions about this. I gotta admit I agree that "stupidbooking" it was moronic, and it may not have been the best way to teach the kid about snakes, but I don't see any felony either.

Of course there isn't a felony here. It's ridiculous.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I don't think I would laugh as the child got zapped, very poor form and it makes me wonder if their excuse was just made up after the fact.

I think the whole thing was a bad prank, not meant as a learning experience.
I could be wrong but the laughter is so out of place.
I don't think they'd laugh if was truly meant as a learning experience.
As I said earlier, if it was meant to keep the child from reaching for coral snakes on the property, I understand.
But to laugh? Come on.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Only one death in 40 years from coral snake.

How many children killed by parents in that same time?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post