SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What will you have on your hot dog?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you have on your hot dog? Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Ketchup, chopped onion, mustard, relish!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Yellow mustard and some dill relish is all I need. Do like the dog grilled or fried, don't care for boiled at all.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
All beef frank, toasted bun, spicy mustard, cooked onions, sauerkraut. I'll take 2 this way, no sides and cold draft beer.

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Mine is a bit different.

No el cheapo crappy white bread style bun, I like a Brioche style bun.

Instead of a hot dog, I prefer a Earl Campbell brand Hot Link, the regular one, not the Red Hot link.

A little swipe of mustard and ketchup in the bun, a little chopped bacon, fresh white raw chopped onion, squirt of Jalapeño mustard, some Philadelphia brand Jalapeño cream cheese and a slice of Jalapeño cheese cut or torn to fit.

For the side dish, some Jalapeño Fritos and a nice cold dip made from fresh Avocados.

A nice cold adult beverage of your choice.

I score a cut, not too deep, in the hot link, about every 1/2 inch, so that it’s easier to bite into.

I know, it sounds a little wild, but it’s good.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mustard, chili, onions.
[FLASH_VIDEO]

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Xz84GKxy7b0[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Chicago dog for me, please.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I love hot dogs in just about any fashion. On a regular dog, just mustard and relish. On a chili dog it's gotta be diced sweet onions and Franks Red Hot. Hell, I even like corn dogs. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
As a kid, my grand-dad worked at Oscar Mayer, and we ate gobs of them.
At that time, I liked ketchup on them. Didn’t care for mustard as a kid.

Since then, my tastebuds have evolved.

Chicago dogs are good, but sans the sport peppers for me.
Chili dogs, with onion and some grated cheddar hit the spot from time to time.
But most of the time, I go the simple route with some mustard and onion, maybe some relish if I have some on hand.

Several of the types listed in here sound good, and I would certainly try them out, but they also demand more prep than I’m usually willing to do.
When I want a hot dog, the sooner it gets in my belly the better.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natural casing hotdog Grilled) with Ketchup a little mustard and diced onion.Regular plain potato chips and Campbells pork and beans as a side.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Mustard, sweet relish, diced onions.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
New England hot dog bun - buttered & toasted on sides, grilled hot dog, mustard, & onions (either raw diced or butter poached).

Butter poached onions:
1 onion diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon water
Melt butter in small pan, add water, then diced onion. Cover & cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove cover & stirring occsionally, cook until onions become slightly golden.

Also good on burgers.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Mustard, onions, chili, relish, pickles, cheese, even coleslaw. I had never thought of slaw before, but a local place offers it, so I tried it. Not all at the same time. Definitely no ketchup. My favorite kind is the Chicago style. The dog itself needs to be all beef.

(edited to add cheese, which I forgot)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Sweet onions (chopped) with yellow mustard and a close second is chili and slaw.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In season, garden fresh tomatoes. When our garden tomatoes aren't available, ketchup and mustard, sometimes relish.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Hormel chili and some melted cheese. I know I'm going to pay for it but damn it's good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just a little barbecue sauce

I like Sonic’s chilli and cheese version as well.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I like Branston Original Pickle and Thumann’s Düsseldorf Mustard on my dogs.

The Branston is the traditional pickle for the British ploughman’s lunch, but it’s an unusual, and delish, hot dog relish too.

www.amazon.com/dp/B00Y2LXWE4/r..._api_i_Xw0zFbQ4QNE6C

Thumann’s is better known for their deli meats (the best braunschweiger available IMO), but they offer several condiments too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So I’m a little odd. I prefer an all beef dog in a natural casing. If you can get those, deep fry the dogs. Don’t boil them. The skin gets such a nice and awesome crunch.

A little mustard, a little onion, heavy in the sweet relish, heavy in the sauerkraut. Sauerkraut must be cold. Warm sauerkraut is gross.

I can also get down with a proper Chicago dog.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Ketchup, mustard, and pickle or some local hot dog chili.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Deli mustard and Onions..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post