SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Virginians we nearly lost both houses last go around and hold the narrowest of majority possible in both houses. Do your civic duty and cast your vote Tuesday November 5th. I fear for the Commonwealth should one or both houses flip. If you are not a Virginian please say a prayer for us.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Now that Daylight Saving Time has expired, the break of day is shortly after 6:00am. The polls open at 6:00am.

My agenda for tomorrow:

Go for a run: 6:15am
Go vote: 8:00am
Fly to Florida 10:45am

I could actually run to my polling place, but that would interrupt the run. So, I'll finish the run, shower and then vote.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I'll be there.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have already pledged day 1 gun control.

-modern sporting rifle ban
-mag restrictions
-red flag laws
-outlawing private sales without background check
-suppressor ban

Those are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes, pls spread the word. We will need turn out.

https://www.newstimes.com/news...s-ahead-14710509.php

Last-minute money is rolling into Virginia's state legislative races with just days to go before next week's elections as national groups escalate some totals to the level of congressional contests.

Democrat Nancy Guy hauled in more than $400,000 just since Friday, the bulk of it coming on Wednesday from an environmental group founded by former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg. Guy is challenging Republican Del. Christopher Stolle in a Virginia Beach district plagued by sea level rise, and the money went for a television ad.

Bloomberg's Beyond Carbon action fund also delivered almost $265,000 in TV advertising for Democrat Shelly Simonds of Newport News, challenging incumbent Del. David Yancey in another waterfront district in Hampton Roads.

Those amounts might have been a full year's haul in past elections.

Outside money is pouring into both parties, but particularly for Democrats, who are hoping to take majorities in both the House of Delegates and state Senate. All 140 seats are on the ballot, with Republicans protecting slight majorities of 51-48 in the House and 20-19 in the Senate; each chamber has one vacancy.

With Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam, a Democratic General Assembly would enable the party to consolidate power over state government for the first time in a generation. Party leaders have promised to focus on priorities such as gun control, abortion rights protections and passage of the Equal Rights Amendment, and national groups that support those causes have plunged into the campaigns

Charlottesville hedge fund executive Michael Bills and his wife, Sonjia Smith, have been major benefactors for Democrats. Giving separately, the pair has donated more than $1.8 million to candidates for House and Senate seats over the course of the year. Bills and his group Clean Virginia have urged candidates to reject money from the state's biggest utility, Dominion Energy, and advocate for a renewable energy agenda.

Emily's List, the national group for women in politics, has given about $1.2 million to Democratic candidates this year, mostly on the House side.

But few outsiders have made as big an impact as Bloomberg, the former Republican mayor who has become a crusader for gun control and climate.

Everytown for Gun Safety, founded by Bloomberg, has given more than $2.5 million to help Democrats get elected.

That has included $770,000 in digital advertising, nearly half a million in direct mail, $250,000 for polling and more than $300,000 in TV ads for candidates in suburban districts in Hampton Roads, Richmond and northern Virginia.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've said it a number of times on here. I want outside money banned. Californians should not have any influence on my elections. I can't think of the words to express how much it pisses me off. VA has enough of its own problems importing leftists from MD and the rest of the country, I don't want us to have to battle Michael Bloomberg.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for an honest election and voter sanity in Va.

Keep Kentucky in your prayers, as well. Matt Bevin is of the Donald Trump mold (in fact, PDJT is doing an election eve rally tonight in Lexington) and he is being hammered relentlessly
by the press and teachers union. I think MB wins but the noise/polls say it's a toss up.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I will vote as will my family.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Count on it.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Absolutely but our representatives are both solidly Pro 2nd amendment and don’t face strong opposition.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve been begging everyone I know to keep the dems from turning us into CA East.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Thanks to George Soros, Fairfax County and its One Fairfax agenda has resulted in almost complete liberal control of the school board and the county executive. If you want to see how pervasive variations of One Fairfax has infiltrated other parts of the country just search the phrase equity lens. Soros is pushing this crap in more places than just VA.

And for sure we'll be voting tomorrow.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Planning to be at the polls NLT 10:00 a.m.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Will be using Vacation by the hour to be at my poling place at 6 am. From my perspective, worth every penny.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Don't doubt that SF voter turnout is double the average or higher. Remind your like-minded neighbors, friends, and co-workers please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
I'll be there.

I will get there, probably a little later tho.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I've said it a number of times on here. I want outside money banned. Californians should not have any influence on my elections. I can't think of the words to express how much it pisses me off. VA has enough of its own problems importing leftists from MD and the rest of the country, I don't want us to have to battle Michael Bloomberg.

We would have to battle the likes bloomburg no matter what laws they put in. Since when did democraPs ever worry about breaking the law to achieve their goals!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
My car's in the shop, but I'm walking the mile to the school to vote.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am voting and then passing out literature for my state delegate from noon until 4:00 P.M.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post