SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
For anyone who ties this to a Trump referendum. It's importing of leftists and demographic change in the area. My local highschool is 80% plus Hispanic. When I attended 25 years ago it was 80% white and 95% English as first language speakers.

Minority growth in Northern Virginia to bring major changes to the region

It's sad but true. I noticed this rapid change around the Manassas area. Unchecked mostly illegal immigration is killing this country.

I feel for you guys in NoVa.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It didn't help our situation that many of the House and Senate seats were uncontested, with D's sitting in them.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well just to add insult to injury, this lady woman won a seat on BOS.

Virginia cyclist who flipped off Trump's motorcade wins race for local office

Edited for accuracy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Republican Party gave up on Virginia. I unfortunately fully realized this with the Cuccinelli run for governor. I am stuck here for a long time, literally surrounded by IC deep state progs in my area. The problem with running is that these people are locusts, as Mark Levin says. They move somewhere, destroy it with taxes and social programs, say it sucks, and then move to another conservative bastion and systematically destroy that.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The Old Dominion needs to be a separate state. Like NJ NY IL Ca. a densely packed majority tips the balance.
I fear we are on the losing side of this, as the flee-ers will contaminate the balance, with no end in site. Bringing there, that the fled to here, where constitutional law once flourished.
Prepare for it. When Texas is gone, we are done.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well just to add insult to injury, this lady won a seat on BOS.

That's definitely not a lady.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
January will be a bitch. First will be gun control then other Social Justive equality shit. Then re-districting to seal up their dominance for at least a decade.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Native Virginian, owning family land from the 1800's and too old to think about moving.

Just saddens me to see Virginia transform.

I live in a Red county, the largest city in the county always votes blue. It's an entitlement city of course. And more entitlement and nonsense on the way.

But you can't give up. Life goes on, always be a thorn in the new malfeasance.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
January will be a bitch. First will be gun control then other Social Justive equality shit. Then re-districting to seal up their dominance for at least a decade.

The last sentence is the dagger to the heart. Even after people see what these people vote for, they won't be able to vote them out.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This was a bloodbath. My worst fears realized.

They claim the state has turned blue. Once again, misdirection reigns! The state has turned a bright red!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

Very true.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
the law proposed at the “emergency session on guns” Northam called in July had NO grandfather clause. Expect that to be reality next July 1 when the new code takes into effect

Bear that in mind with what you have, what you intend to keep, and make sure you are as silent as a the grave about it once it’s the law

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 110JBP:
The Republican Party gave up on Virginia. I unfortunately fully realized this with the Cuccinelli run for governor. I am stuck here for a long time, literally surrounded by IC deep state progs in my area. The problem with running is that these people are locusts, as Mark Levin says. They move somewhere, destroy it with taxes and social programs, say it sucks, and then move to another conservative bastion and systematically destroy that.

the bolded ...

the Va GOP went full retard then and never recovered

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
The Virginia GOP couldn’t lead ants to a fucking picnic.

Sad but true.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could not believe what has transpired since I have been gone for about two years.

I was hoping to return to VA once this assignment with the gubmint is done especially since most of my retirement is through the Commonwealth of VA.

This is sad along with it pissing me off.

Lately I have been thinking of heading to WV, TN or ND for the next chapter in me life.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
make sure you are as silent as a the grave about it once it’s the law

Indeed, hiding from it will make it go away.

What about "this is why the 2nd Amendment exists"?

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I could not believe what has transpired since I have been gone for about two years.

I was hoping to return to VA once this assignment with the gubmint is done especially since most of my retirement is through the Commonwealth of VA.

This is sad along with pissing me off.

Lately I have been thinking of heading to WV, TN or ND for the next chapter in me life.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Native Virginian, owning family land from the 1800's and too old to think about moving.

Just saddens me to see Virginia transform.

I live in a Red county, the largest city in the county always votes blue. It's an entitlement city of course. And more entitlement and nonsense on the way.

That sounds like my hometown, Roanoke. I got out years ago, but our family land is still there. Been in the family since the end of the civil war. Leaving isn’t as easy as some suggest, although I did. Family ties to the land run deep.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Dude, don’t twist my words.

It’s absolutely clear I am talking about not advertising any items you have kept that will suddenly be illegal

So take that bullshit somewhere else. I am well on record in many threads on sigforum warning this was coming down the pike.

Give me a fucking break

quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
make sure you are as silent as a the grave about it once it’s the law

Indeed, hiding from it will make it go away.

What about "this is why the 2nd Amendment exists"?

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
10 more Pmags and 1000 more rounds of ammo headed my way. Scope and mount for the AR10 are waiting for me to pick them up on Friday. Just might throw another stripped lower on the order as well. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post