SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 110JBP:
Thank you for the information on VCDL, BamaJeepster. That is exactly the kind of information we need to fight. I will be joining VCDL.

[Wayne, from Letterkenny] Pitter patter! [/Wayne]

Seriously, though, I don’t always agree with Mr. Van Cleave’s style – he’s a bit more outspoken than me – but his message and his knowledge are good. He’s in it for US, and we need that.

quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
They do great work in representing gun owners at the state level, a really good compliment to NRA membership on the national level.

Encourage any friends or neighbors who own guns to join the fight and help VCDL.

Agreed!

quote:
Originally posted by divil:
You VA guys need to shove your feet up the state Republican Party’s ass ... hard.

Truth!

quote:
Originally posted by divil:
No democratic candidate should ever get to run unopposed. I don’t care if it’s the town drunk running, make the enemy work for each and every victory.

Yes! We shouldn’t just like down and take it – we have to work against these power-grabbing jerks.

quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Yesterday, I was so pissed, I didn't post about this. All I could think about was moving to WV, which my wife and I have discussed before.

I’m with you there! I was studying for a certification exam last night, and it was mighty tough to not get distracted by thoughts of the election. And that made me even more peeved. And that made the studying even more difficult. Grrrr!

quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Not gonna just move without getting involved in this. I am a VCDL member, but have not been active. I know I should have been before, but better right now than ever.

Again: now is the time! We can’t let anything get in the way of standing up for our rights. Our rights aren’t there for just any jerk to take away on a whim or in seek of his own political standing. Rights, like muscles, waste away in atrophy if not paid proper attention.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
We have a plan to leave in two years already, I plan to fight back while I'm still here. It's so easy to say fuck this place, but it's been my home for my entire existence, even if I may be eventually leaving, I need to do what I can to make it better instead of whining and giving up.

Certain members of my family have been after me to move out and go to NC. But like you, my anchor has been dropped here for quite some time. For those planning to bail: those of us who plan to stay still need your help while you’re here. Please don’t turn your backs on us.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I can't say this enough, outside money needs to be banned. Why does this dickweed get a say in my state? Why?!?!?

I don’t know enough about campaign financing, so I’ll simply ask this: what policy allows that, and what needs to take place to start disallowing it?

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
George Soros put big money into VA too.

This mess has to STOP!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

The Republican Party gave up on Virginia. There were fewer Republican votes cast Tuesday than votes cast for DJT in 2016.

I'm sorry but this is a completely unreasonable expectation.

An off year, state only election will always and forever have significantly less turnout than a presidential election.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
An off year, state only election will always and forever have significantly less turnout than a presidential election.

Yes, which is why it's easier to manipulate with outside money. It's all about turnout. The left got their vote out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, which is why it's easier to manipulate with outside money. It's all about turnout. The left got their vote out.

Sure but even with all the money and motivation they had, they didn't get their turnout anywhere close to the number of people who voted for Hillary.

Its completely unreasonable to hold any party in any state to the turnout expectations of a presidential election.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder, just re-joined VDCL. I'd let my membership expire. We're facing an uphill battle, but one we need to take on. It won't just be Second Amendment issues.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time believing that any one here that lives in VA. is not a VCDL member. I was raised in Maryland and moved to VA. about 15years ago to get out from under the thumb of the MD. Democrat party. I Joined VCDL when I got here and have attended a bunch of Lobby days. I gave money to my delegate's campaign and worked a polling place for him on election day. Everyone that values their freedom and liberty needs to be fighting the Democrats.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True - should have been preparing for this long ago, but we need to mobilize now to be ready for this attack on our rights that will begin in January.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
Moved from the Gunshine state (born and raised) to VA last year for a great job with the Navy. Went out and voted Tuesday for straight (R's) including Stolle who lost by 18 votes. Politically this state is a nightmare. I'm a lifetime member of NRA, GOA, Florida Carry, and now VDCL. I plan to stay with my current job until retirement in 12 years.
I am going to fight! fight! fight! this insanity any way I can: donating money, volunteering, stuffing envelopes, going door to door, whatever I can do.
What I am NOT going to do is concede, curl into a ball and slink away to a more gun friendly state. The line must be drawn, And it must be held.

If everyone in VA who is now bitching about the outcome of this election had donated the price of a single range day's worth of ammunition to pro gun causes/candidates and donated a day of their time to get out the vote, the state house would be bright red right now.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I joined a small local Tea Party group last night. The universal feeling was that the REP party operation in VA sucks.

REP party was out hustled, out spent, and out maneuvered. We are trying to find ways to energize conservative voters to get out & vote REP, and how to fight the DEM storm that is upon us.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Joined and donated to vcdl. May go to Richmond Jan 20 for their rally.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It’s not a question of mobilizing va voters

It’s where they’re mobilized

If you check the State board of elections website I believe you will see roughly 40,000 more people voted republican than democrat in both the house and senate races

And yet the Democrats gained control of both

That, more than anything, to me is indicative of the high jingo that goes on here in the commonwealth

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I joined a small local Tea Party group last night. The universal feeling was that the REP party operation in VA sucks.

REP party was out hustled, out spent, and out maneuvered. We are trying to find ways to energize conservative voters to get out & vote REP, and how to fight the DEM storm that is upon us.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by orion5:
Joined and donated to vcdl. May go to Richmond Jan 20 for their rally.

o5

I hate to sound like a broken record. Jan 20 is over 2 months away. Plenty of time to plan. Spend the next 2 months getting active with VCDL and meeting with your legislature. Even if they are Dems, you might be able to talk some sense into them. So of the laws that have been proposed would make hundreds of thousands of VA. residents criminals. I can't believe they are all aware of this. That is why Lobby Day is so important.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ It would make us felons. A class six felony is at least one year in prison. I didn't dig too deep, but would this not (if convicted) make many hundreds of thousands of potential VA voters also ineligible to vote as well, hold public office, etc.?

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now a new VCDL member and contributed. Ironworker is right. Going to see if there is more that can be done beyond membership and contributions.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you check the State board of elections website I believe you will see roughly 40,000 more people voted republican than democrat in both the house and senate races

??

I just did the senate.

data from:

https://results.elections.virg...GeneralAssembly.html

I did not include writeins

DEM Total votes 1,211,879

REP Total votes 924,513

DEMs had 30 % more votes for Senate

I will check House also to see if it is similar

adding:

VA House numbers are generally similar

DEM total votes 1,197,778

REP total votes 1,002,316

DEMs had 20% more total votes for House

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
You might be right. The numbers I saw may not have been finalized. I admittedly have not checked since early Wednesday, and the numbers I saw were in the ~850,000 range. Both the totals you have are higher than either number I saw

Sdy....here is where I got it

https://www.washingtonpost.com...on-results/virginia/

quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
quote:

??

I just did the senate.

data from:

https://results.elections.virg...GeneralAssembly.html

I did not include writeins

DEM Total votes 1,211,879

REP Total votes 924,513

DEMs had 30 % more votes

I will check House also to see if it is similar

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevbo,

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Saw this from Glenn Davis who won delegate from 84th district:

Because of terrible messaging and outreach by our Party, Virginia has a strong blue haze over it. It's a haze that can be lifted, but only if the Republican Party uses the next two years to fix its brand identity, messaging, and outreach.

If it fails to do so, that haze will permanently dye Virginia's landscape blue for decades to come.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

in the Tea Party mtg I attended the other night, that was exactly the conclusion our group came to

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
George Soros put big money into VA too.

-------------------------------
Doesn't the 17th amendment bear a large portion of the folly of outside money in local elections. I think it is why I can support candidates from outside my state?

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way I know of to improve the GOP is for good people to become active in party politics. Those active in the party run it. It is easy to stay outside and complain, I do it often.

Remember the famous quote: " I have met the enemy and it is us".

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
From The American Thinker:

https://www.americanthinker.co...s_lost_virginia.html

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post