SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
10 more Pmags and 1000 more rounds of ammo headed my way. Scope and mount for the AR10 are waiting for me to pick them up on Friday. Just might throw another stripped lower on the order as well. Mad

The shit they tried to shove through in July had no grandfather clause in it.

I read through the bill and it's quite draconian.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Maryland.

After the Dems completely fuck things up in VA as they have in MD, they'll scratch their heads and try to blame someone else. As always.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but gun laws may very well be lower on your list of priorities. I don't know the protocols of creating and passing laws in VA with the Dems holding the cards, hopefully not like CA.

When I finally left CA, gun laws were not in my top 5 reasons of leaving.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but gun laws may very well be lower on your list of priorities. I don't know the protocols of creating and passing laws in VA with the Dems holding the cards, hopefully not like CA.

When I finally left CA, gun laws were not in my top 5 reasons of leaving.

The dems ran on passing gun control day 1.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Remember

HB4201 SPECIFICALLY AND INTENTIONALLY DOES NOT HAVE A GRANDFATHER CLAUSE

So stuff you buy now will still be required to be destroyed, rendered inoperable, moved out of state, or turned in when the new law goes into effect come next July 1. Each item will be a class 6 felony

My point that was questioned above remains true. May want to go easy advertising the 12 class 6 felonies you just purchased/are purchasing

quote:
10 more Pmags and 1000 more rounds of ammo headed my way. Scope and mount for the AR10 are waiting for me to pick them up on Friday. Just might throw another stripped lower on the order as well. Mad

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maryland laws are much, much less restrictive than what Virginia will likely be next July. Even California and New York are less restrictive.

quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Welcome to Maryland.

After the Dems completely fuck things up in VA as they have in MD, they'll scratch their heads and try to blame someone else. As always.

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The same shit that happened in VA happened to the Philly suburbs last night too.

We have what are called the "collar" counties of Bucks, Montgomery and Chester that border on Philadelphia and they used to be red and acted as a buffer against solid-blue Philadelphia and all the liberal shit they push but have been slowly turning blue in the past 15 years.

Now they are ALL solidly BLUE today. Mad

Idiot people from Philadelphia flee the high taxes and liberal BS there only to bring it to the suburban counties where they settle.

I'm so friggen' pissed right now. We are FUCKED, F-U-C-K-E-D. Frown

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Remember

HB4201 SPECIFICALLY AND INTENTIONALLY DOES NOT HAVE A GRANDFATHER CLAUSE

So stuff you buy now will still be required to be destroyed, rendered inoperable, moved out of state, or turned in when the new law goes into effect come next July 1. Each item will be a class 6 felony

My point that was questioned above remains true. May want to go easy advertising the 12 class 6 felonies you just purchased/are purchasing

quote:

I though he said the shipment was lost and never delivered... Big Grin

Feel sad for you guys.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The same shit that happened in VA happened to the Philly suburbs last night too.

We have what are called the "collar" counties of Bucks, Montgomery and Chester that border on Philadelphia and they used to be red and acted as a buffer against solid-blue Philadelphia and all the liberal shit they push but have been slowly turning blue in the past 15 years.

Idiot people from Philadelphia flee the high taxes and liberal BS there only to bring it to the suburban counties where they settle.

The same thing has happened here in St. Louis County.
So what do we do about it?
What will Virginians do about it?
So far, all I've heard/read is "flee" to WV, UT, TN or wherever. What do we do when we run out of places to flee to?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is the time for Virginians to fight was two days ago

With NoVA the way it is, I do not think a republican will win another statewide election (like the governor) in my lifetime

So all the laws the Democrats are going to pass are here to stay unless

1) the judiciary steps in

Or

2) you can get a majority in the house large enough to override a veto (never going to happen)

So, really, the BEST thing you can do is move to a red state and make it redder so that when the creep happens like it did here in Virginia it’s harder

There is no taking back the state. I’ve already reached out to my delegate today to schedule a meeting with her to talk about HB 4021. I have zero confidence it will have any effect

——————————————————

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, what happened to the Philadelphia suburbs yesterday was just awful. And was it Delaware County that just got another douchebag as bad as "Let 'em Go" Larry Krasner in there? Jesus.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

The same thing has happened here in St. Louis County.
So what do we do about it?
What will Virginians do about it?
So far, all I've heard/read is "flee" to WV, UT, TN or wherever. What do we do when we run out of places to flee to?

I'm in Bucks county right on the edge of Philly county and New Jersery. It's always been a strong 3:1 Democrats down here. With more people leaving the city and coming into the suburbs it will not get better because people don't relate any of the reasons they left the city to the politicians they've been voting for.

What do we do about it? I dunno, how do you get people to stop voting for the letters D or R and actually look at the candidates and do research into the issues they care about?

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dude, don’t twist my words.

It’s absolutely clear I am talking about not advertising any items you have kept that will suddenly be illegal

So take that bullshit somewhere else. I am well on record in many threads on sigforum warning this was coming down the pike.

Give me a fucking break

quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:
quote:
make sure you are as silent as a the grave about it once it’s the law

Indeed, hiding from it will make it go away.

What about "this is why the 2nd Amendment exists"?

I'm not twisting your words. You're saying that we need to all stay quiet (i.e. hide) all this gun paraphernalia that is unconstitutionally being declared illegal. How does that help? When we say "Come and Take it" do we mean it or is it just a cool thing to post?

Fleeing isn't going to work. If you've been warning about it, you know what's happening. Texas is turning blue. When that happens, this type of shit starts at the Federal level, and there's no stopping it, because the demographic change is inevitable. The largest "conservative" youth organization in the country is led by a man that advocates for "record" amounts of immigration "as long as it's legal".

This isn't directed at you specifically, but if you think the way forward on this is to hide your 30rd PMAGS and run away & wait for the day that a Democrat president announces a gun-confiscation krisyallnacht, then don't call yourself a 2A supporter.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great

Next July 2nd I will look for you standing in northern Virginia with your now illegal ar-15 telling people you aren’t hiding it because the law is unconstitutional. I commend you on your willingness to take one for the team and be the test subject for the law. After 5 years in prison, and $300k you spend in legal fees, we will all still be really proud of you as your case hasn’t made it anywhere yet just like the people who have been waiting now almost 7 years for the safe act to be repealed in new york

Meanwhile, those of us with families and jobs will be silently refusing to comply

——————————————————

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am as disappointed as everyone in the Virginia election.

But I'm not moving anywhere.

My political focus for the next year is:

#1 help get Donald Trump reelected

#2 if possible, vote out Sen Mark Warner

Those 2 can go together. If Elizabeth Warren is the DEM nominee, we might get VA to swing to Trump in 2020.

And if that happens, we might get a guy like this elected to replace Warner:

Daniel Gade

https://www.gadeforvirginia.com/

The REP candidates signed up for the REP senate primary are generally not strong. I think Daniel Gade stands the best shot, but first he has to win the REP primary.

Take a look at him.

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Virginia has the right to bear in the state constitution as well.

Article I. Bill of Rights
Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil power

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great

Next July 2nd I will look for you standing in northern Virginia with your now illegal ar-15 telling people you aren’t hiding it because the law is unconstitutional. I commend you on your willingness to take one for the team and be the test subject for the law. After 5 years in prison, and $300k you spend in legal fees, we will all still be really proud of you as your case hasn’t made it anywhere yet just like the people who have been waiting now almost 7 years for the safe act to be repealed in new york

Meanwhile, those of us with families and jobs will be silently refusing to comply

You coming with me?

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no candidate the Democrats can run that Virginia wont vote for

If Kamala Harris is the candidate, she will win Virginia

If Joe Biden is the candidate, he will win Virginia

If Elizabeth Warren is the candidate, she will win Virginia

If Corey Booker is the candidate...can you see where this is going? Booker even campaigned for my representative not 10 miles from my house

I wish you luck in your endeavors. I will even be joining you In them. It will take a miracle or catastrophe I cannot currently fathom for Virginia to go for trump next year. Sorry, I can fathom one: NoVA somehow becomes part of Maryland

——————————————————

posted Hide Post
Coming with you, where? Prison? No. That’s all you. You’re the one espousing openly admitting owning illegal items, not me.

Edit: the state constitution will not stop Democrats from passing something akin to HB 4021 and Northam signing it into law. The law will then need to Be challenged in state court, and evaluated in that manner. Mrmoneybags has graciously volunteered to be the test subject for that challenge. If I had bags of money I might be more inclined to join him.

quote:
quote:
Great

You coming with me?

——————————————————

Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Coming with you, where? Prison? No. That’s all you. You’re the one espousing openly admitting owning illegal items, not me.

quote:
quote:
Great

You coming with me?

Loving this comment juxtaposed with your signature line LMAO