SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
You can bet your life that I'll be there. This one couldn't be more important for us gun owners here in Va.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll be voting for sure, but I always do.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Will be there bright and early.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
You can bet your life that I'll be there. This one couldn't be more important for us gun owners here in Va.

Cannot be understated how important this is

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Wife and I will be voting in the afternoon.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Traveling tomorrow; voted absentee last week.
Wouldn't have dared to miss it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted this morning. Polling place was empty. My delegate was there shaking hands with everyone who walked up.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I did as I stated earlier: Went for a run, cleaned up and went to the polling place. The local radio is reporting that there are few Republican workers outside the polls, but that wasn't my experience. In fact, the Republican sample ballot was handed to me by the local candidate himself. At 8:00am, there was a line waiting to vote.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Left-wing billionaires spend millions on Virginia elections

You may not be following Virginia’s legislative elections, which will occur on November 5. But left-wing billionaires across the country are. They are spending millions to help progressives take control of the Virginia legislature. Heaps of money are flowing into Virginia political campaigns, giving Democrats a big edge.

As John Massoud notes, a left-wing hedge fund manager and his wife have given $3 million to Democratic candidates. This is to elect a legislature that imposes California-style alternative-energy rules. Such rules enrich investors in alternative-energy schemes by requiring utilities (and their customers) to pay for them. Massoud notes that such schemes are not “able to power a modern day economy. If allowed to have their way, we will soon be having the same blackouts that California is having.” PBS reports that 1.5 million people lost power in the latest round of California blackouts.

A group called Beyond Carbon is funded by an out-of-state liberal billionaire. It is spending $335,000 this week alone on TV ads to defeat a single Republican member of the House of Delegates, Delegate Chris Stolle of Virginia Beach. On first glance, Stolle may seem like an odd choice as a target, given that Stolle backed legislation to mitigate the effects of climate change, and is a relatively moderate legislator.

But Beyond Carbon wants Stolle’s progressive challenger to win so the legislature will impose alternative-energy mandates similar to California’s. Such mandates could increase the price of electricity a lot — electricity is much more expensive in California than Virginia.

California-style mandates reduce the reliability of a state’s power supply. Due to widespread blackouts in California, many people there are currently without power.

The Wall Street Journal says alternative-energy mandates harmed citizens who use electricity, by contributing to the recent blackouts in California that left many without power for long periods of time. As a result of such mandates, California’s biggest electric company was forced to spend money on alternative energy that should have been spent instead on grid maintenance, safety, and fire prevention.

Trying to achieve alternative-energy goals can come with a substantial cost. The Virginia “Green New Deal” backed by progressives could easily double Virginians’ electric bills. In Germany, an ambitious alternative-energy program has doubled citizens’ electric bills, yet greenhouse gas emissions still rose in three of the last four years.

Progressives are favored to take control of both houses of the state legislature, in next week’s election, especially the state senate. But many races are very close. It will likely be the first time in history that progressives control a southern legislature, boasts Arlington Delegate Patrick Hope.

In Virginia, the legislature is very powerful. It even selects the state’s judges.

A progressive takeover of the legislature is likely to lead to major tax increases. That is both because of the size of the new state spending they support, and because their labor policies will shrink the size of the state’s economy, eliminating at least 100,000 jobs. That will result in a large shortfall in revenue.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sitting in the DMV getting my Virginia State Drivers License, and registering to vote.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
I'm sitting in the DMV getting my Virginia State Drivers License, and registering to vote.

Can you cast a provisional ballot?

Welcome to VA!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Voted about 8:30AM, no waiting, plenty of parking. In my precinct, most elections at that time of day, you have to wait for a parking space to open up, and then again in a line to get into the room where you vote. I don't have any idea what such a light turnout indicates, or if it will be favorable to our rights. In my area, there are precious few pro-2A candidates on the ballot, and several antis are running unopposed, including that puke Saslaw.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
voted this morning.

moderate to heavy turn out.

My county has a sheriff election so that probably contributed to turn out.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I will vote on my way home

If the number of anti-Rich Anderson adds I’ve gotten in the last 2 weeks is any indication, the Democrats are worried he can best Hala Ayala amd take back the seat he lost 2 years ago...God I hope so

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Good luck today, Virginia.

Donned my red hat today for all the freedom loving Americans out there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Voted a little over an hour ago. *fingers crossed*

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted at about 7:20AM in Herndon. There was no line to get in, but most of the booths were occupied.

Normally I do not need a sample republican ballot, but this time I took one. I am glad I did, because none of the candidates were marked as to the party they belonged to, with the exception of the state senator position.

One issue (among many) that has me burning is the bussing that may be imposed by the school board. Although my kids are grown, this can still impact you, because kids in your neighborhood may no longer go to local schools - instead they may be bussed to some other location. Therefore, your home values may decline.

I remember this came up in the Richmond area where I grew up in the early to mid seventies. I hated the idea then and I hate it even more now.

Posts: 941 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
One thing we should have learned by now is that intelligent/educated parents (regardless of race) WILL NOT let their kids go to schools populated by hood rats. They will work extra jobs, move, home school them, or do whatever it takes. Busing may have been worth a try in the 1970s but it a really dumb thing to try now.

"Oh shit! This school has <10% white students. That's segregation! I know. Lets pull some white kids out of this school and put them in there and then everything will be OK."

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post