SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you, neighbor!

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I was a member once, I registered at a gunshow. The very next month I got a renewal letter asking me to renew.
I emailed them and stated I had just signed up, I had 11 months to go.
No, I signed up on the 12th month, now the new VCDL 'fiscal' year had started and I have to sign up / pay again.

If it would help make you an active member, I'll cover your next year's membership fee. Email me with your information, and I'll get it to Mr. Sadtler.

I appreciate the offer, it is appreciated. I just wish I had been more careful with the details. I just couldn't believe that they didn't tell me to wait a few days.
My friends are all members and we are planning to go to the lobby day again, but man it was tense this past summer.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Even though I regularly go to lobby day, I have only just joined the VCDL last month. I also joined the NRA, and GOA. I've been a slacker too long and thought I actually prefer a yearly membership since the idea is to help support them through membership and money.

It's very encouraging to have a VCDL presence here. I'm excited to hear the plan for sanctuary counties, and I will be there for lobby day!

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
It's very encouraging to have a VCDL presence here. I'm excited to hear the plan for sanctuary counties, and I will be there for lobby day!

I know Mr. Sadtler is way busy right now, but I do hope he'll become a routine presence here and keep us informed.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I missed this article on gunsamerica.com so if anyone else did I’ll post it here.

Here’s the List of Bills Anti-Gunners Plan to Enact in Virginia

Anti-gun lawmakers in Virginia are preparing to have a field day this January.

With a Democratic majority taking control of both the Senate and the House of Delegates, legislators are champing at the bit to enact laws that infringe on one’s right to keep and bear arms.

Eight bills are on Gov. Ralph Northam’s January agenda — and all of them will be a burden to law-abiding gun owners.

The list from local news affiliate WSET:

Legislation requiring background checks on all firearms sales and transactions. The bill mandates that any person selling, renting, trading, or transferring a firearm must first obtain the results of a background check before completing the transaction.

Legislation banning dangerous weapons. This will include bans on assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, bump stocks and silencers.
Legislation to reinstate Virginia’s successful law allowing only one handgun purchase within a 30-day period.

Legislation requiring that lost and stolen firearms be reported to law enforcement within 24 hours.

Legislation creating an Extreme Risk Protective Order, allowing law enforcement and the courts to temporarily separate a person from firearms if the person exhibits dangerous behavior that presents an immediate threat to self or others.

Legislation prohibiting all individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms. The bill expands Virginia law which currently prohibits individuals subject to final protective orders of family abuse from possessing firearms.

Legislation enhancing the punishment for allowing access to loaded, unsecured firearm by a child from a Class 3 Misdemeanor to a Class 6 felony. The bill also raises the age of the child from 14 to 18.

Legislation enabling localities to enact any firearms ordinances that are stricter than state law. This includes regulating firearms in municipal buildings, libraries and at permitted events.

Dems were hoping to get the ball rolling this week with a Tuesday meeting with the GOP-led Virginia Crime Commission. But Republican leaders canceled the meeting saying there was no point in discussing the matter when Dems have already made up their minds and any suggestion put forth by the GOP would likely get slapped with a gubernatorial veto.

“For reasons both practical and pragmatic, the Crime Commission will not meet on Tuesday,” Senator Mark D. Obenshain (R-Rockingham) said. “The results of Tuesday’s elections, coupled with recent comments from Governor Northam regarding the fate of the legislation we’ve been reviewing, makes holding a meeting impractical.”

Dems blasted their peers for terminating the powwow.

“I was disappointed and disgusted that we could not move forward because they were upset about the election results,” Del. Marcia Price (D-95) told WTKR.

“I think that it underscores that people chose the right people to be in place for this 2020 session,” she added.

Lawmakers can start introducing legislation for January as early as Nov. 18.

Price already has her eyes on drafting a bill to repeal the state’s firearm preemption law.

“Right now, there is a ban on localities putting into place policies that would impact guns or ammunition. Let the localities best figure out how to keep their people safe,” she argued.

As the NRA-ILA recently pointed out, state preemption laws are critical to preserving the 2A.

Today, almost all states have a firearms preemption law that prohibits localities from regulating firearms in a manner more stringent than state law. These laws are vital as they prevent localities from enacting an incomprehensible patchwork of local ordinances. Without these measures unsuspecting gun owners would be forced to forego the exercise of their Second Amendment rights or risk running afoul of convoluted and potentially inaccessible local rules.

Hard not to see this as a nightmare scenario. Should all eight bills pass next year, Virginia gun owners are… well, let’s just hope that somehow, someway it doesn’t happen. Let’s hope Virginia gun owners contact their state lawmakers in droves and make their voices heard, and that is enough to keep these bills from becoming law.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1184 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironworker:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Sadtler:
Greetings all,
My name is Bob Sadtler, and I am a lobbyist (and acting PAC Chairman) for VCDL. I want to thank everyone for the kind words about VCDL, and THANK YOU to all who joined, rejoined, and/or contributed!

The question is, what do we do now? The answer is 2A sanctuaries. That will need boots on the ground at the county and town level. VCDL HAS A PLAN! If you are not already subscribed to our email system, Va-Alert, sign up. We will be putting out a call for volunteers to press local officeholders to enact sanctuary resolutions. VCDL will provide guidance and materials, but politicians need to hear it from CONSTITUENTS. Those of you who live in Va, watch Va-Alert, and be ready to step up. It will take all of us to make this happen!

Thank you for the kind words, the new members, the contributions, and those of you not in Va, for the sympathies. And thank you Dan, for telling me about these fine folks!

VCDL will NOT BACK DOWN!

Bob, has the VCDL thought about teaming up with civic organizations like the VFW, American Legion to fight some of this? I was thinking about Veterans Day and how it would feel to be told you could not be trusted with a copy of the gun you had used to protect America's freedom.

You may have some issues there, the Legion and VFW try to stay pretty neutral in politics. Most members are conservative, at least in this area, but the posts try to stay non-partisan.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Slightly off-topic, but tangential to this discussion, I have not received any confirmation of my membership donation to VCDL. I don't think I did it wrong (I clicked on the "Join Now" button and then entered my donation), but I have yet to receive anything from them. Can anyone shed light on this?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
This is my county and I could not be more proud!!!
Link to article
Virginia county declares itself 'Second Amendment Sanctuary'

CAMPBELL Co., Va. (WDBJ7) — After a historic win for state Democrats this election, one southwest Virginia county is pushing back.

Campbell County is one of the first localities to declare itself a “Second Amendment Sanctuary."

“We’re saying you have to defend our second amendment rights," said James Borland, a member of the Board of Supervisors.

He, along with all county board members, adopted seven additional resolutions into their 2020 legislative agenda.

The measure was passed unanimously.

The resolution is carried up to the state legislature, imploring lawmakers not to back laws that county leaders say target law-abiding gun owners.

Borland says the board hopes their message is a force for state lawmakers.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
redstone,

I have already contacted my board of supervisors rep (Goochland Co) and referenced your county and Carroll Co. He was very receptive and said he would try to draft something similar up for their next meeting. He also told me he had already talked to the new Sheriff and had his word that he would not enforce any confiscations.

I think that's the thing is to start at the bottom (locally) and gather up support to take to the state level. Everyone should be writing and going to local government meetings, seeing the Sheriff, making our numbers known.

fpuhan - I just joined and all I have received is an email receipt for the payment of joining and my donation. I signed up for the mailing list too, I'm giving them time as I'm sure they are busy.

www.landwarfare.net
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Appomattox just passed a similar move. More will follow.
Interestingly, even the left leaning BoS members are voting in favor.

posted Hide Post
Washington County, Va to vote on “Second Amendment Sanctuary” resolution

https://www.wjhl.com/news/wash...anctuary-resolution/

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. (WJHL)- Washington County, Virginia’s Board of Supervisors is the latest local government to consider becoming a “Second Amendment Sanctuary.”

A handful of Virginia counties have already passed resolutions to honor and defend gun rights. Lee County did so earlier this week.

The resolutions are not legally binding but show a county’s commitment to not use public funds to “restrict Second Amendment rights.” They’re also a response to state and national efforts to increase gun control.

Following a deadly shooting in Virginia Beach, Gov. Ralph Northam called a special session for lawmakers to consider a package of proposals. The General Assembly adjourned without taking action but that’s likely to change in 2020.

That’s because Democrats hold majorities in both the House and the Senate for the first time more than two decades.

Sheriff-elect Blake Andis said if a red flag law passes, the Washington County Sheriff’s Department will not enforce it. “I think it’s a clear violation of the Second Amendment, requiring us to go out, basically do an illegal seizure and search of their property based on their non-criminal activity.”

Red flag laws allow guns to be temporarily confiscated from individuals deemed to pose an immediate and present danger to themselves or others. Several states and D.C. have already passed versions of the law.

Under a proposed bill in Virginia, a Commonwealth’s Attorney or a law enforcement officer could apply to a judge or magistrate for an “emergency substantial risk order.” If approved, a warrant would be issued to remove the firearm for up to two weeks. After that, the original complainant could file a motion for a hearing to extend the order for no longer than 180 days.

“I think one of the biggest misconceptions is that there is no due process,” said Vicki Powers, a volunteer with Mom’s Demand Action, an organization that advocates for “sensible gun control laws.”

Powers said red flag laws are critical to prevent mass shootings and suicides.

“Sixty percent of the firearm deaths in the United States are suicide and so it’s a very big problem if you cant intervene when somebody is in crisis,” she said.

Andis said there are already processes in place for law enforcement to intervene in a mental health crisis without seizing a weapon, such as emergency custody orders and temporary detaining orders.

News Channel 11 asked him if he would issue an “emergency substantial risk order” to confiscate a firearm from a suspected school shooter who hasn’t made an explicit threat.

“Not without further investigation,” he said.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Late is better than never.

Joined VCDL and made small contributions to VCDL and VCDL-PAC.

Joined the #Resistance.

Stolen from VCDL Facebook group.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Bravo. Stand together, fellas.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
So it begins & rightfully so.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Let's get after it, gents!

God bless America.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
So far it looks like about 75% of the state has either passed a sanctuary resolution or has one scheduled for debate at the next Board of Supervisors meeting. Ralph is boy is gonna find out just how red this damn state really is.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Will Virginia split again? Maybe a South Virginia or East Virginia? Hmmm

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Will Virginia split again? Maybe a South Virginia or East Virginia? Hmmm

Doesn't help me one bit. I live in the section of Virginia that I want gone from my state. I haven't changed, it's all the new fucking people. Go back to NY or MD and enjoy their progressive Utopia.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
You are correct. We are fast becoming another state held hostage by a few counties.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Roger that, Redstone.

My county is one of those "hostage counties," jacked up by the libs in one town.

God bless America.