New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hershey Syrup Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Is this before or after reaching the check out line?

LOL!

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Nope not me, but the wife...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does the gallon jug of milk count as a drinking vessel?

can't remember the last time I drank it out of anything other than

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter loves her chocolate milk with Hershey's syrup. She gets made as hell at me when I walk by and take a big swig of it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yuk! Not the current version of Hershey's Syrup!
The last bottle I bought, it was so nasty that I poured it all out and made my own syrup. So easy and so much better tasting.

When I was a kid in the 70's, the tin can with plastic lid was like black gold. Awesome flavor. We would swirl milk around in empty can to get every last drop of chocolate goodness.

In all fairness, I haven't tried the Hershey's five version yet.

--Tom
The right of self preservation, in turn, was understood as the right to defend oneself against attacks by lawless individuals, or, if absolutely necessary, to resist and throw off a tyrannical government.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wishbone:
I like the new Hersheys simple 5 chocolate syrup. Non high fructose corn syrup and only 5 ingrediants.

^^^^ This^^^^
Chug-a-lug
chug-a-lug
hi-de-ho

Got Milk?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, finally got and tried the Hershey's "Simple 5" version.
WOW, what a difference! So good that it reminds me of the original recipe from the can.

I'll never buy the regular "Hershey's Syrup" again.

I found that 10 oz. milk + 1 oz. of Hershey's "Simple 5" is a pretty good ratio for chocolate milk.

Posts: 1513 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
My daughter and 16 month old grandson were over and after dinner I was making strawberry/banana/chocolate milk shakes. I put some drops of Hershey's syrup on a spoon and gave him a few tastes. The next time he's over I pull out the bottle and he remembered it from last time and wanted some. I've decided chocolate is the be learning tool ever.

Never chugged it from the bottle and never plan to.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I liked it in the can better for some reason.
Uh, I'm not going to respond to that.

Wait, on second thought, I will. Years ago, a good friend and I had just gotten out of the Navy. My friend's father was from Naples and his mother was Sicilian. He and I and a couple of young ladies were going to spend a quiet evening, watching a movie or two. The four of us stopped in at a neighborhood bodega to pick up some snacks for the movie-watching.

One of the young ladies was bent over, checking out some stuff on a lower shelf, and presenting us with a view of an attractive derrière. She asked, "which of these should we take?"

My friend (who is a member of this forum) immediately replied, "How about some Italian sausage in the can?"

I choked, and the remark apparently flew right over the heads of the young ladies. It was a long time ago, I don't remember whether they were both blondes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I haven't it in years since they added high fructose corn syrup. That stuff is horrible for you.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
So you're saying you like to receive a face shot... Big Grin Big Grin

quote:
Oringinally posted by Black92LX:
I liked it in the can better for some reason.

Big Grin

Hahaha!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
OK, finally got and tried the Hershey's "Simple 5" version.
WOW, what a difference! So good that it reminds me of the original recipe from the can.

I'll never buy the regular "Hershey's Syrup" again.

I found that 10 oz. milk + 1 oz. of Hershey's "Simple 5" is a pretty good ratio for chocolate milk.

This does taste better. My grandson and I approve. I love most things chocolate.

When I was a kid in the 60s the syrup most often found around our house was Bosco. To my taste it had a much deeper chocolate taste.

Posts: 89 | Location: North Texas | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Isn't that George Costanza's ATM password?? Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've not had the 5 ingredient version, but will try it.

I gave up on the normal one years ago because it wasn't real-chocolate-y enough.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Not with Hershey's syrup, but with whipped cream. Texas can be too hot to eat ice cream in the car.

Posts: 6364 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Thats funny! I just did a hit less than an hour ago!!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
After looking at this thread, I went to my open yahoo email tab and in the margin was an amazon ad for Hersey's snacks. Is that a coincidence or can they read across open tabs and post an ad? Weird.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
When I was in college, I worked at a steakhouse that made Mud Pie. We'd coat the top with Hershey's Fudge in a can. I was literally addicted to that stuff, and grabbed a spoonful whenever I got a chance.

Let the puns commence.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasScrub:
When I was in college, I worked at a steakhouse that made Mud Pie. We'd coat the top with Hershey's Fudge in a can. I was literally addicted to that stuff, and grabbed a spoonful whenever I got a chance.

Let the puns commence.

Nope, not goin there. Smile

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
.....I saved an old bottle.. and my wife uses it for a WATER bottle at the gym.. it gets some funny looks.

Funniest chit I've seen/read/heard all day! Smile

Edit to add: OK, now V-Tail has you beat!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post