SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DOJ & FBI House Cleaning?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DOJ & FBI House Cleaning? Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
Would someone please explain to me why the Trump administration has not cleaned house at the DOJ and FBI? They both have become secret police for the liberal democratic party! Neither entity can be trusted for any kind of real justice!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Attorney General job.

Jeff Sessions stepped down. (Why nothing was done during his time may be due to the "Fake Dossier/Russian Collusion" etc. and the many problems that would have raised by the GDCs as "obstruction" or whatever shit flung they believed might stick.

Matthew Whitaker is the acting USAG.

Trump nominated William Barr and awaits his confirmation.

Very doubtful anything would be done until he is seated and that likely will not happen as long as Mueller is playing his silly game.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I’ve been thinking the same thing. I hear it said that he can’t do that, people will hate him and the conservatives, and cause more blame and excuses to hound him. Bullshit. The liberals/leftist/media are already looking for any excuse to damage, critcize, and basically torpedo his presidency. He still his supporters behind him. If he cleans house, it isn’t gonna any louder, they are pulling every kind of underhanded trick they can now. House cleaning needs to start ASAP.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'll go with Yogi Berra's "it ain't over..." until it is.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Do you think the SCOTUS will have to be the one to finally settle all this investigation stuff.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bureaucracy is entrenched. It is VERY hard to get rid of civil service employees. In the agency where I worked, as a line supervisor, my boss needed the approval of the director of the agency to terminate me, and I was a mid-level supervisor. Senior Executive Staff level employees are even more deeply seated. I don't know the answer, but I know it will take more than one President and a handful of good congressmen to fix it.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Do you think the SCOTUS will have to be the one to finally settle all this investigation stuff.

I would rather see the incoming AG be confirmed and seated and allowed to fire Special Counsel Mueller for good cause.

This whole thing began on a lie (dossier) and anything derived is poison fruit. It has been divisive of all three branches of our government, and the people. It is damaging to our image and interests and ability to negotiate and operate in the world arena.

It needs to stop, and it needs to be done according to law.

Having the SCOTUS overstep/over reach, or be asked to do so is a bad precedent and a bad decision.

It is solely the AG's authority and responsibility to manage the Special Counsel and fire him/her.

And the AG works for We the People...

So, boys and girls, perhaps it is time we tell the elected to close this Kabuki theater show.

Mail, email, call your congress critters and sassy senators and hiss and boo until they call to have it shut down.

An allegory...

A child sits on a beach, toiling to build an elaborate and stunning sandcastle, knowing that the tide will come in and the waves eventually will take their course. Yet he continues, enjoying to effort and accepting the outcome of natural order.

Then his parents, walk over and kick it down.

I am tired of being that kid and having such people rule over me.

End of image.

A child has no say so over such parents. We the People... are not children, nor should we allow such wicked people rule over us. We are supposed to rule them.

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
The bias demonstrated thus far seems to be what has incensed most of us. Why hasn't the scrutiny been applied equally? It is unfortunately Trump derangement syndrome, with even more lopsidedness in media reporting than in the investigations.

Since the mid-terms even Comey's recent admissions have shifted further left as he knows he will not be punished. Looks like the left is just running the clock out.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would rather see the incoming AG be confirmed and seated and allowed to fire Special Counsel Mueller for good cause.
This whole thing began on a lie (dossier) and anything derived is poison fruit. It has been divisive of all three branches of our government, and the people. It is damaging to our image and interests and ability to negotiate and operate in the world arena.
It needs to stop, and it needs to be done according to law.
Having the SCOTUS overstep/over reach, or be asked to do so is a bad precedent and a bad decision.
It is solely the AG's authority and responsibility to manage the Special Counsel and fire him/her.

Yep... and talk about overstep/over reach!
If this was truly about looking into Russian interference in our election it would have been wrapped up quickly. But Mueller has a political objective: To weaken, or destroy Donald Trump.
This has gone on far too long, and it's going off on multiple tangents.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24110 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This week, Limbaugh pointed out that a number of folks have already been purged. The press doesn’t talk about it. I don’t remember how many. Well over 10. Seems like over 15 iirc.

Anyone from O era would be suspect if I were king and dictator.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I remember hearing a conservative law professor on Larry Connors' radio show (local reporter here in St. Louis) right after the election said that it would take an aggressive Attorney General almost 3 years to clean out the Justice Department (this was before all the stuff came out about the FBI leadership).....Sessions wasn't the guy for the job.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post