SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Know Anything About a "Rainbow Gathering" Group? Looks Like Trouble for North Georgia
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Know Anything About a "Rainbow Gathering" Group? Looks Like Trouble for North Georgia Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Google Rainbow Gathering, Utah and Heber City.

Posts: 12458 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
We had a national gathering here a couple years ago. They were far enough out of town that we didn’t see much of them, but a deputy that got a call in their area of operations came back shaking his head. Something about all the naked bodies that you really didn’t want to see.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have been to Utah a couple of times and it seems like the standard thing you would expect from a tribe of hippies. Mostly harmless, but a few petty crimes and littering and pot busts.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
No bag limit?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4570 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
They're having a hippie beatnik gathering in the Appalachian mountains? I wonder how many will come back....

If they look like Ned Beatty, they don't have a chance.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rainbows...slit trenches, hacky-sack, hippie sticks, naked children (& adults) running around, food lines and drum circles. Most of my interaction with them are simpletons, misfits and straight anarchists. What leftist society left behind to become mainstream, they only have the Rainbow Family to turn to. These are the feral hippies who contribute nothing to society, they're the leaches, the plague, the fringe and outcasts. Even the hippies in NorCal/S.Oregon/Idaho clear-out when there's word that a gathering will happen. Theft, assault, rape, are all too common themes when they arrive, not to mention the irresponsibility of leaving behind trash, destroying the surroundings and general mayhem. There's always a handful that try to live-up to the original cause of these gatherings but, the reality is it's changed from when it originated.

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post