SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Know Anything About a "Rainbow Gathering" Group? Looks Like Trouble for North Georgia
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Know Anything About a "Rainbow Gathering" Group? Looks Like Trouble for North Georgia Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Shit, they're donna be up the street from me.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
They claim there could be as many as 20,000 and some are already there and it will last until around July 4th.
No sanitary facilities or water supply, no trash services and the authorities are reluctant to do much unless obvious violations occur and then you have to know who did what.

I bet they invade the Lodge at Amicalola too.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
When I was a cop we found a few begging near the WalMart to generate money so they could get south (Fla) for work....my trainee had no clue about them. We picked them up, drove them south on I95 and left them several counties south
Thanks a bunch.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
They claim there could be as many as 20,000 and some are already there and it will last until around July 4th.
No sanitary facilities or water supply, no trash services and the authorities are reluctant to do much unless obvious violations occur and then you have to know who did what.

I bet they invade the Lodge at Amicalola too.

Don't you have to pay to get in the gate? That ought to discourage them.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I was thinking wow I can sell a bunch of Magic Stix™ there.
Then I realized they're hippy commies.
Even where we sell our products isn't gonna be there.
These people can't even find enough food for this thing.

Hippy trash.

Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Send them to my place. Lots of room for holes in the ground. And, in these parts there would be no questions asked!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
They want the 60’s I would give it to them....

https://youtu.be/bPXVGQnJm0w

Napalm them back to the 60’s.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Doesn't the National Forests fall under the rule of the Security of Interior ? I believe that to be Ryan Zinke and he might not like them trashing his parks.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Doesn't the National Forests fall under the rule of the Security of Interior ? I believe that to be Ryan Zinke and he might not like them trashing his parks.

Agriculture.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Ran into them in the Strawberry Wilderness. I was gassing up in town when several came by begging. Persistent types. When I got up to the site, I made a wrong turn and ended up at one of their camps. The stink drove me away. Later we found a dead cow that had been badly butchered and a bear that a ranger later reported had been taken for its gall bladder.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Thanks a bunch.

I do what I can..Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have first hand experience dealing with them on the Kaibab in N AZ. It is horribly disruptive having to deal with them; try telling a family of grazing permittees that they’ll be thousands of them camping out on their allotment sometime Roll Eyes

Drugs, drums, mental illness, thievery, environmental impact and near rebellion from the local community are just part of the trials of dealing with them. I will disagree with one thing that’s been said a couple of times though. Typically, they do not leave trash, and they do their best to restore the site: breaking up fire rings, scattering ashes, filling in latrines, raking, etc. They leave a group of volunteers behind who actually try to leave the site in decent shape. There’s no denying the impact a group that size has, but, at least in my limited experience, they do not leave behind trash.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had an encounter with them once in Alabama. I was walking point on a training exercise for the unit. The sight of our platoon in full gear and rifles (rubber ducks) was enouh to send the whole camp into a frenzy of evacuation.
The local forest rangers were very happy to have us around that day.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fgwilliams1:
Had an encounter with them once in Alabama. I was walking point on a training exercise for the unit. The sight of our platoon in full gear and rifles (rubber ducks) was enouh to send the whole camp into a frenzy of evacuation.
The local forest rangers were very happy to have us around that day.
Bahaha, too funny.

We've flown over the fellas up there in North GA and seen them encounter hikers on the trail - that's when you realize where all the "secret UN forces out in the woods" stories come from...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
hey claim there could be as many as 20,000 and some are already there and it will last until around July 4th.

Like others have mentioned, it sounds like an opportunity to me!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the rainbow folks I've met over the years, and they are many, are better than average character and honesty. Good people, don't let the cover define what is inside of the book.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
All the rainbow folks I've met over the years, and they are many, are better than average character and honesty. Good people, don't let the cover define what is inside of the book.

I have had some good encounters with some of these people. On average they just want to live a simple life. The problems seem to arise from these larger gatherings. Mob mentality takes away common sense. Some of the worst examples were the flash mob group of rainbows that would invade a local grocery store in order to steal food. Another tactic was for one or more of them to squat in the aisle to take a dump while the others cleaned out the meat and beer aisles.

The larger the group the more likely there will be this kind of shenanigans, and the forest will need years to recover.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are a bunch of no good littering pigs. Sorry to hear that they are descending on your neck of the woods. Nederland has the mother lode of these filthy drug using bums. Can't walk your dog near their camps in the National Forest for fear of picking up needles in their paws.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

I'm sure that's true, but there are few enough Forest Service LEO's and NPS Park Police. Hasn't helped that Interior has seconded a detail of NPS Parks Police to the southern border to assist the Department of Homeland Security. We need to move these reprobates out our national treasures.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
They're having a hippie beatnik gathering in the Appalachian mountains? I wonder how many will come back....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post