SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ‘Woke’ Coke Pauses Diversity Plan After ‘Intense Backlash,’ Plan Author Suddenly Resigns
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

‘Woke’ Coke Pauses Diversity Plan After ‘Intense Backlash,’ Plan Author Suddenly Resigns Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I long for the day when we are all color blind.

Amen, brother.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
‘The hard truth is that our profession is not treating the issue of diversity and inclusion as a business imperative,” Gayton wrote in his letter.

You know what your business imperative is? Providing legal counsel to a company so it can make money from selling soda without being sued or running afoul of the law. (Well, not any more, since he resigned...)

You know what your business imperative is not? Championing your personal pet cause on the company dime.

Stick to doing your job. Then go cheerlead for whatever cause you want as an individual during your personal free time.

I'll bet this reflects a fair amount of fear at Coca Cola that if they don't appear to be woke enough that they will lose business and attract attention that causes them to lose business. Coca Cola is not so dumb as to advance an agenda at the expense of soda pop sales. This lawyer may be a scapegoat, or maybe he was fired because his plan to look woke was not well designed. But he didn't just haul off on his own and initiate this plan. And Coke put this in action to try to avoid the cancel culture, but screwed it up.

Edit, Tatortod's post above makes the same point, in more depth.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Coca Cola is not so dumb as to advance an agenda at the expense of soda pop sales. This lawyer may be a scapegoat, or maybe he was fired because his plan to look woke was not well designed.
I don't believe that for a second. These people are simply not sane, and therefore not entirely rational.

Posts: 107564 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Amen, brother.

I completely agree.

On a side note, do you guys realize that this statement is considered racist now? As in not joking, it's a tenet of BLM and corporate DEI initiatives that saying you wish people didn't judge others based on the color of their skin is racist.

https://www.psychologytoday.co...ology-is-form-racism

https://www.oprahdaily.com/lif...r-blind-myth-racism/

https://sundial.csun.edu/63891...-new-form-of-racism/

https://www.theatlantic.com/po...erproductive/405037/

From Wharton School of Business regarding being colorblind:
https://knowledge.wharton.upen...n-work-organization/

quote:
A common defense against doing DEI work is that it is abstract or not practical. When it comes to race, an oft-heard defense is that we should all be “colorblind.” To chip away at these defenses, leaders need to make sure that their organization’s DEI goals are concrete and measurable. This also means that the DEI work that people are expected to do should be actionable so that it seems do-able for all. Regarding race work, specifically, leaders should provide evidence revealing the costs of racial colorblindness, which may contradict long-held beliefs about race that may be impeding leaders from progressing a DEI change agenda focused on improving racial equity and inclusion.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
quote:

Amen, brother.

I completely agree.

On a side note, do you guys realize that this statement is considered racist now? As in not joking, it's a tenet of BLM and corporate DEI initiatives that saying you wish people didn't judge others based on the color of their skin is racist.

https://www.psychologytoday.co...ology-is-form-racism

https://www.oprahdaily.com/lif...r-blind-myth-racism/

https://sundial.csun.edu/63891...-new-form-of-racism/

https://www.theatlantic.com/po...erproductive/405037/

From Wharton School of Business regarding being colorblind:
https://knowledge.wharton.upen...n-work-organization/

quote:
A common defense against doing DEI work is that it is abstract or not practical. When it comes to race, an oft-heard defense is that we should all be “colorblind.” To chip away at these defenses, leaders need to make sure that their organization’s DEI goals are concrete and measurable. This also means that the DEI work that people are expected to do should be actionable so that it seems do-able for all. Regarding race work, specifically, leaders should provide evidence revealing the costs of racial colorblindness, which may contradict long-held beliefs about race that may be impeding leaders from progressing a DEI change agenda focused on improving racial equity and inclusion.
None of those sources are credible as determines of racism. Most, if not all of them are in the literal sense not only promoting but practicing racism themselves.

Right is wrong, and wrong is right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, fuck them.

True colorblindness ought to be the goal. I know they claim we can't rid ourselves of racism without being color-aware, but see my first point. Even if they are right in the short term (which I doubt), that has to be the real goal.

At least some, if not damn near all, of the groups who want to maintain color-awareness are more after power and influence than they are in eliminating racism.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, fuck them.

True colorblindness ought to be the goal. I know they claim we can't rid ourselves of racism without being color-aware, but see my first point. Even if they are right in the short term (which I doubt), that has to be the real goal.

At least some, if not damn near all, of the groups who want to maintain color-awareness are more after power and influence than they are in eliminating racism.

quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
None of those sources are credible as determines of racism. Most, if not all of them are in the literal sense not only promoting but practicing racism themselves.

Exactly. That's the point of the modern movement. Note that all of these programs in companies are now called 'DEI'. The E does not stand for Equality, it stands for Equity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

Most don't understand the difference between equality and equity. Equality aims to level the playing field and give everyone an equal OPPORTUNITY. Equity aims for equal outcomes - quotas, numbers, focusing on the skin color and making sure the outcomes are the same across the board, regardless of ability, effort or achievement.

It's a huge change, and most don't even know it's happening.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'll try to be less red and white.

I'm a pepper, she's a pepper...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

This has always been the goal, from Sharpton to BLM, use race to create situations where fiscal gain can be achieved. If "racism" could be eliminated or at least minimized then the fiscal welfare funds that come from it would dry up leaving the groups perpetuating it, broke.. Woke, But Broke...

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

I alluded to it in my joking reply to V-Tail, but I'm glad you posted a followup. Crazy, isn't?

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Diversity Inclusion Equity - Mostly Falsehoods.

D.I.E. M.F.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coca-Cola Chief Lawyer Who Demanded Race Quotas for Attorneys Resigns, Gets Rehired for $666,666 per Month

https://nationalfile.com/coca-...or-666666-per-month/

Coca-Cola’s chief attorney, responsible for orchestrating a plan to demand race quotas in outside counsel, resigned and was rehired by the CEO on a $666,666 per month salary.
Bradley Gayton resigned last month as general counsel of Coca-Cola. Gayton, in his previous position as chief lawyer for Coca-Cola, was responsible for creating a plan that would place penalties on outside legal counsel if they failed to meet racial diversity quotas when working for the company. Announced in January, Gayton said that all law firms must commit at least 30% of billed time from “diverse attorneys” and at least half of that time from black attorneys.

However, following his resignation, the plan has been put on a temporary pause, with a spokesman for Coca-Cola saying that his replacement, Monica Howard Douglas, will be reviewing the plan. “When there is a leadership change, it takes time for the new leader to review the current status of the team, organization and initiatives,” said Scott Leith. “Monica is fully committed to the notions of equity and diversity in the legal profession, and we fully expect she will take the time necessary to thoughtfully review any plans going forward.”

The “pause” was initially hailed as a victory in the culture war battle over Coca-Cola, with some on the right seemingly under the impression that the much-criticized diversity training program from Coca-Cola, unearthed by Karlyn Borysenko in February, had been cancelled. Action against the diversity quotas regarding outside lawyers seems to have been sparked from an open letter published by the Project on Fair Representation, declaring that Coca-Cola’s “racial quota requirements” were “unlawful,” not any conservative backlash.

Following the pause, much of Gayton’s diversity plan would likely “be salvaged” by Douglas, although the quotas themselves would not likely return. At the time of writing, it is unclear as to what is the current state of Coca-Cola’s diversity training, and general commitment to anti-white policies, but it is unlikely that what appears to be an evasion of potential legal action in one small area is indicative of a wider shift in company policy.

In fact, Gayton remains employed by the company. Despite resigning from his position as chief counsel, he is currently contracted as a legal consultant to Coca-Cola’s CEO, James Quincey. Dayton was hired with a hefty sign-on fee of $4 million, and a monthly consulting fee of $666,666, according to a securities filing from April 21. Coca-Cola also seems likely to continue their anti-conservative attacks on American values across the board. Last month, they joined with a number of other corporations in attacking a piece of election integrity legislation from their home state of Georgia, which critics claimed was designed to stop black voters from accessing the polls.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Why can't they just make the f*ckin' soda and sell it to the paying public?

Is that too much to ask?

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Apparently.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

‘The hard truth is that our profession is not treating the issue of diversity and inclusion as a business imperative,” Gayton wrote in his letter. “We have a crisis on our hands and we need to commit ourselves to specific actions that will accelerate the diversity of the legal profession.”

Wow. This guy believes that it is an absolute crisis that he is surrounded by a bunch of rich and successful white attorneys. A crisis. If there was any justice in this world this guy would ________________________ (fill in the blank)

I had a similar reaction when reading that.

A crisis?? Gimmee a break!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^. Everything is a ‘crisis’ now. I’m in ‘crisis ‘ mode cause I have not dropped my daily deuce yet. Actually, I think my toilet is offended that I have not visited yet this morning……

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I'll try to be less red and white.

I'm a pepper, she's a pepper...

My last soft drink purchase, and perhaps for some time to come will be RC Cola. Two local stores carry it, and I'm going to buy it. Hadn't had one in years until this week.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

Note that all of these programs in companies are now called 'DEI'. The E does not stand for Equality, it stands for Equity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.

Most don't understand the difference between equality and equity. Equality aims to level the playing field and give everyone an equal OPPORTUNITY. Equity aims for equal outcomes - quotas, numbers, focusing on the skin color and making sure the outcomes are the same across the board, regardless of ability, effort or achievement.

It's a huge change, and most don't even know it's happening.

When you re-write history and suppress views counter to your self-serving story (the foundation of "Critical Race Theory"), demands for "equity" become so much more acceptable to those indoctrinated. It's a hell of a scheme and students have been thoroughly prepped for it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Equity is impossible. Those enslaved are gone. The slavers are gone. Codified discrimination is gone. If segregation happens, it is voluntary. No, equity is a euphemism for revenge.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:None of those sources are credible as determines of racism. Most, if not all of them are in the literal sense not only promoting but practicing racism themselves.

At this point in the social-media driven world, credibility means nothing, so long as your buzzword or, re-worked definition is apart of the zeitgeist, you then control the narrative. Get enough talking heads and media platforms, whether they're legit news feeds, interest platforms or, simply click-bait sites, to all repeat, and repeat and continue to repeat; it all counts in the tsunami of narrative shaping and 'shifting the culture'. Goebbels would be proud.

Its really quite insidious, many fence-sitters, those who simply want to blow off DEI & CRT as a passing trend or, insignificant notion, are then the same ones in 20yrs lamenting how 'things used to be' and 'wondering what happend'. Well reasoned, measured but consistent pushback is the only answer; if they fall down the hole of emotional breakdown, then its proven your point, that their idea is a failure. They want to 'have a conversation'...great! sit-down and lets go, because advocating and pushing for laws in favor of bigotry and neo-segregation isn't going to happen without a fight.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post