SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 Mercedes Benz G-Class 4x4,
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 Mercedes Benz G-Class 4x4, Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
We pulled an awful lot of those 250 series G-Wagons out of the Hohenfels mud with HMMWVs.

Tough and reliable? Yes. Capable? Not so much. Hopefully the new ones are better

Really neat vehicle, and I'm sure they can be a ton of fun, particularly in AMG trim. Personally I'd be really hesitant to take one through the Florida swamps. Down here, "ugly" is an advantage, because if it isn't ugly when you start the trip, it will be when you finish.

Yeah I think most here will be underwhelmed when they take the G out on a REAL offroad trail.

Truck is way overbuilt, thick and heavy frame, smallish interior. Jeep Rubicons either LWB or SWB run circle around it on the trails.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
guns, chainsaws and trucks

put any of them in the hands of the inexperienced and the outcome can vary greatly.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just saw the price on those in the o.p.
Eek

if I am going to get a fun mobile in that price range, I will skip the soccer mom version and move twords one similar to this .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smolAx7NKm8

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post