SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This article says we should be ok in Florida, but I am still worried w Brenda Snipes and her BS in Broward

https://hotair.com/archives/20...lid-ballots-broward/

"As of 11 am ET this morning, the gaps in the two Florida races look stable. Ron DeSantis still leads by 36,000 votes in the gubernatorial race, and Rick Scott’s lead in the Senate race is just under 15,000 votes. Those leads are far too large to get reversed in a recount, unless Brenda Snipes gets put in charge of it"

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I'm livid over Florida once again being viewed as being utterly incompetent in running elections by the entire rest of the country when the truth is its nothing more than a couple liberal garbage criminals who are both incompetent 'and' dishonest. Snipes needs to be fired first and prosecuted second. Mad

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Given all the recent past evidence of corruption in Broward County Brenda Snipes seems untouchable. Why in the world did Rick Scott as governor continue to let her stay on the job?

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, teh stupid seems to flow into and out of Florida like a great ocean tide.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would this be possible?

What if Mitch McConnell & GOP Caucus in the Senate vote not to accept results of either election as inherently tainted and suspect, refuse to seat either nominal electee and force the State to do the whole thing over? A cast of 100's of lawyers from both sides overseeing the entire process, including purple thumbprints if necessary. I know, I'm probably dreaming, and don't shoot me down. It was just a thought Frown

Posts: 516 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I'm livid over Florida once again being viewed as being utterly incompetent in running elections by the entire rest of the country when the truth is its nothing more than a couple liberal garbage criminals who are both incompetent 'and' dishonest. Snipes needs to be fired first and prosecuted second. Mad

You folks have only had a couple of decades to take care of this problem... <sigh/>

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

You folks have only had a couple of decades to take care of this problem... <sigh/>
This problem is embedded in south Florida and protected by ever Democrat in the state. After DeSantis is sworn in as governor, one of his first orders should be to remove Snipes from the job and start an investigation.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This problem is embedded in south Florida and protected by ever Democrat in the state. After DeSantis is sworn in as governor, one of his first orders should be to remove Snipes from the job and start an investigation.

God speed in solving the problem BigDeal. That comes from the bottom of my heart. Take care.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

God speed in solving the problem BigDeal. That comes from the bottom of my heart. Take care.

I would hope it does...since this problem has implications for the entire country. It's all of our problem.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
this problem has implications for the entire country. It's all of our problem.

Absolutely, not just Florida, but Arizona, and hell, a gaggle of criminals were arrested in Texas for voter fraud. I think it is safe to assume voter fraud happens in every single state. The election process needs a serious overhaul.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Outlaw absentee ballots.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ this ^^^^^

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Outlaw absentee ballots.

That'll never happen.
For one thing, it would dis-enfranchise our military members.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Florida races going to be recounted. Rick Scott's lead is down to 12,562 votes thanks to Broward and Palm Spring Counties continuing to count "found" votes days after the election and after the deadline stated by Florida law of 30 minutes after polls close on election day.

If I remember correctly the three 2016 recounts forced by Jill Stein in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania only changed the totals by a few thousand at most. Will be interesting to see what happens here in Florida.

https://www.marketwatch.com/st...a-recount-2018-11-10

By Andrew Duehren
Published: Nov 10, 2018 2:11 p.m. ET

The Florida Senate race between Republican Gov. Rick Scott and Democrat Sen. Bill Nelson is headed to a recount as unofficial election results Saturday showed Scott leading Nelson by a slight margin.

Scott’s lead has steadily dropped to 12,562 votes, or .15%, since election night, when he led by roughly 56,000 votes, and the ongoing counting process has spurred legal action from both parties. Scott and other prominent Republicans, including President Trump, have repeatedly raised the specter of voter tinkering, though a state law enforcement agency has said it has received no allegations of criminal misconduct and the Nelson campaign has refuted the allegation.

Several other statewide races, including the gubernatorial race between Republican Ron DeSantis and Democrat Andrew Gillum, will also proceed to a recount. DeSantis leads Gillum by 33,684 votes, or .41%.

Under Florida law, local election officials will have until 3 p.m. on Wednesday to conduct a machine recount for races within one half of one percentage point. If the margin of victory is less than one quarter of one percentage point after the machine recount, the race will proceed to a manual recount. Election officials will have until noon on Sunday Nov. 18 to complete a manual recount, if necessary.

A version of this report appears on WSJ.com.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
That'll never happen.
For one thing, it would dis-enfranchise our military members.

The Military would be the only exception. For everybody else there should be no mail in ballots, no early voting, or any of this other nonsense.

You show up, in person, with proof of who you are, on a day (or two) and vote.

Votes are totaled within a specified time period and turned over to the state. The state then releases the totals once all are received.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
17th amendment. That's all I am saying.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
National public hanging of anyone convicted of voter fraud.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
And maybe weighted votes makers vs. takers.

If you're on the government dole your vote shouldn't count as much as those paying into the system.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I think Gov Scott will remove Snipes for malfeasance once the final results are settled

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Revoke her pension and terminate her!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post