SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
If the law says votes not submitted by the deadline must be discarded, how can they get around that?

Do we know which votes in Broward County were submitted before the deadline and which were not?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.local10.com/news/e...ZKo-7hVjQ48E7WWiPuKU

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen additions to the vote tallies today.
Even if they are not going to add any more votes to Nelson and Gillium, they got their way as these fraudulent votes they counted the last 2 days have narrowed Scott's lead so a hand recount must be done per law.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go ahead and put at least the title up - this is big news.

quote:
Judge Rules in Gov. Scott's Favor, Orders Snipes To Allow Ballot Inspections Immediately
Scott also asks FDLE to investigate elections offices in Broward, Palm Beach
Associated Press, Nov. 9, 2018

A judge ordered Broward County Supervisor of Elections Dr. Brenda Snipes to allow immediate inspection of voter records during an emergency hearing Friday.

The court was asked to intervene in the tight U.S. Senate race between Democratic U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson and Republican Florida Gov. Rick Scott as the two sides prepare for a possible recount.

Judge Carol-Lisa Phillip said Snipes must allow inspections on or before 7 p.m. Friday evening. Phillips found that Snipes violated that law by failing to turn over the information to attorneys for Scott's Senate campaign and the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Warning - the article itself isn't very clearly written, so we have to wait for a better write-up from WPLG or Associated Press or some other outlet in order to get all of the details of the story.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Democrat-friendly press is spending lots of column space on … wait for it ...

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
RUSSIAN MEDDLING!

Big Grin

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
We need to remember the FL Agricultural Commissioner race between Caldwell and anti-gun Fried. Caldwell had a slight lead on election night. Now they are saying Fried has more votes.
Mad

I noticed on election night the race was curiously closer than the Scott/De Santis results.

The AG Commissioner oversees the CWL issuing process.

We can't have this thing in that office if she will be able to muck up permits.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Apparently Snipes is refusing the judges orders, will not allow Republicans in.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Don’t cops carry guns down there or do they stand at the door like the big bad wolf and threaten to huff and puff?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Don’t cops carry guns down there or do they stand at the door like the big bad wolf and threaten to huff and puff?

If I was one of the republican election monitors down there, they wouldn't be able to stop me. Move the fuck out of the way or I will move you. Try to stop me.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
I just got home from a Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections location. I had to relieve another deputy for a security position. The media, attorneys and some various organization leaders were present as ballots were “verified”. All I can say is there needs to be a better system. It is a shit show without question. The system is as screwed up as some of the politicians we don’t vote for.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I live in broward county. Snipes had a bunch of shady stuff go on last election also. I don’t know how she is even still in government. Her and washerman. It shocks me

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:

If they are fresh out of Sheriff's officers to enforce the order, find a way to get a Federal judge to issue an order. Quickly.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow, fucking criminals! Mad

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They shouldn't need feds, or to wait - the state guys are supposed to already be involved.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indigoss:
There needs to be a better system

The system works- Snipes is the problem. Millions of other votes were properly counted.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Has everyone forgotten who the sheriff of Broward County is. Let me refresh your memory. Ring any bells? Broward County is a cesspool of corruption from top to bottom.

Sheriff Scott Israel - Broward County Florida

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, nothing criminal going on behind closed doors. Pay no attention to the folks furiously filling in ballots before the deadline. Sounds like Snipes needs to cool her heels in jail until this gets sorted out. An emergency motion for a contempt order and an injunction should already have been filed. The entire process needs to be undertaken by a court appointed receiver.

This entire scenario is as surreal as it is outrageous.

Posts: 712 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sheriff Scott Israel

Love this article..

Commentary: Florida’s most incompetent sheriff stars in school safety campaign
y now we have all learned that Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel is incapable of feeling shame. But his latest display of chutzpah would be hilarious if the topic weren’t so sad.

As kids returned to school this month, his department put out a poster.

“Sheriff Scott Israel’s Back to School Safety Tips.”

Tip No. 1 – If Israel is in charge of your school’s safety, RUN!

Meanwhile the Dems forced changes under Obama to allow clowns like the to campaign in uniform. Something the vast majority of agencies outright prohibit.

quote:
Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, a Democrat, hasn't shied away from politics in the two years he's been in office. He has taken sides, issued endorsements, and appeared at political events in uniform.

That can be a controversial issue in some locales. California outlawed campaigning in uniform in its Government Code Section 3206: "No officer or employee of a local agency shall participate in political activities of any kind while in uniform.''

And the federal Hatch Act of 1939 bars federal employees, as well as state and local employees whose agencies receive federal funds, from campaigning in uniform.

When Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott appeared in uniform at a Sarah Palin event and referred to the president with his entire name, including "Hussein,'' he was investigated by the feds for a possible Hatch Act violation. That was in 2008.

But the feds took a second look at the Hatch Act in 2012 and issued an opinion saying that county sheriffs may campaign in uniform, said Broward Sheriff's Office general counsel Ron Gunzburger.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:

Has everyone forgotten who the sheriff of Broward County is. Let me refresh your memory. Ring any bells? Broward County is a cesspool of corruption from top to bottom.

I know. Just being facetious.

Shame on DeSantis and Scott for not planning accordingly. It’s a regular occurrence down there.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post