SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nice to see Gillum conceding before midnight.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Ot was very close, I hope this is a wake up call to the people that did not vote for what ever reason to register and vote next time. I'm glad the lesson will not be learned the hard way! I was looking at options of seeking asylam in Texas, Missisipi or Lousiana!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
That was crazy close. We first need to clean the voter rolls of those who have passed away yet still get absentee ballots by a spouse. This is VERY common here.

Especially where spouses are afraid to let anyone know their spouse is dead thinking that it will mess with their homestead exemption on their primary residence.

De Santis, didn't say anything that made me want to go vote for him. Essentially he stood with Trump and that was enough for me. That and Gillum being so batshit crazy got me to the polls. We are going to need more from State leadership to drive out a R vote next time around.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The DeSantis campaign was about as exciting and enlightening as a glass of warm milk.

I know someone who knows him, and he says DeSantis is one of the smartest guys he has ever met (and that is saying something coming from this guy) and that he is a government and policy genius.

None of that came through in the campaign, and Gilliam had the press and popular sentiment behind him (first black governor, etc.). I voted for DeSantis because Gilliam scared the hell out of me.

I hope DeSantis knocks it out of the park, and becomes an effective spokesman for himself and Florida, and doesn't sit in Tallahassee like a fucking lump.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I would have quickly voted for a lump than let a GDC sit in that chair.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm with you on that. Someone asked me if I was voting for Hillary or Trump, and I told them I'd vote for a monkey in rubber pants before I voted for Hillary.

DeSantis seems like a pretty good guy, just not exciting on the stump.

We lucked out with Scott beating Nelson, also.

That bastard traded Floridians' gun rights for a shot at the suburban soccer-mom vote, and while I'm pissed at him for that, I'd be more pissed if he had lost, and we still had that asshole Nelson.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12766 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Nice to see Gillum conceding before midnight.
Now if he'll pack up his car and his tribe and leave the state permanently Florida will be better for it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'm with you on that. Someone asked me if I was voting for Hillary or Trump, and I told them I'd vote for a monkey in rubber pants before I voted for Hillary.

DeSantis seems like a pretty good guy, just not exciting on the stump.

We lucked out with Scott beating Nelson, also.

That bastard traded Floridians' gun rights for a shot at the suburban soccer-mom vote, and while I'm pissed at him for that, I'd be more pissed if he had lost, and we still had that asshole Nelson.
DeSantis may indeed be brilliant, but he has zero presence at the podium or in front of a camera. I felt no connection at all with him as a candidate. And he could have eviscerated Gillum in the debates 'if' he'd have been up to the task (ala Trump), so I question just how brilliant he really is. He was a lackluster candidate who just slipped by on the number of Repub voters still left in the state coupled with the extremist agenda of Gillum.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ You have it exactly right. He slipped by and we got lucky. He's better pick up his game if he wants to win the next time.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
^^^^^ You have it exactly right. He slipped by and we got lucky. He's better pick up his game if he wants to win the next time.
Personally, I'm hoping for a new, fire and brimstone Repub candidate to vote for the next time around.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I wrote to my new congressman, Ross Spano as follows:

quote:
Dear Mr. Spano:

Congratulations on your election! I'm sorry, for your sake and that of the country, that you must serve in the minority.

In that case, be a thorn in the Democrats' side. Fight, argue, obstruct, leak, denigrate, belittle, mock and battle the democrats for all you are worth. Encourage them to overreach. Bait their worst tendencies. Let them demonstrate to the electorate that they can't be trusted with power.

If you can't already tell, I don't trust the Democrats as far as I could throw them. Don't get sucked in, don't compromise, and for the love of all that is holy, don't be a squish.

I'll never give the bastards an inch, and I hope you don't either.

Good luck.

A

posted Hide Post
We stayed up and watched every minute hoping for the best and it happened. We dodged a major bullet. It is sad to see other states not end up being so fortunate. Now just waiting to see the sore loser Nelson complain and leave like a whimpering child.

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Rubio: Broward County Officials And Dems Trying To Steal Rick Scott's Victory In Senate

https://www.dailywire.com/news...-trying-hank-berrien

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Whatever it takes!"

Democrats are without an ounce of morality.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Remember this?

https://www.peoplespunditdaily...-destroying-ballots/

Governor Scott, as a parting gift to Broward County and Brenda Snipes who has no further business anywhere near an elections office, should use his executive governor power to remove Brenda Snipes from office.

Enough is enough already! Mad

I am still confident Scott has prevailed and DeSantis even moreso since his lead is twice as large as Scott's but enough with issues every every freaking election.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Dems will keep counting in Broward County until they "win"!
God Damned Commies. Mad

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Reported a short while ago...Scott is going to be speaking at 8:15pm this evening.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
HOLY CRAP! FLORIDA VOTER Films Broward County Election Officials Transferring Ballots in Rented Truck on Election Night! (VIDEO)

Florida voter JoAnn Knox captured Broward County Election Officials Transferring Ballots in Rented Truck on Election Night!

“This violates all chain of custody requirements for paper ballots,” argues Independent Congressional candidate for Florida’s 23rd District, Tim Canova.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...k-on-election-night/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
God Damned Commies. Mad

Yep. Same thing now going on in AZ where Sinema has magically taken the lead.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
God Damned Commies. Mad

Yep. Same thing now going on in AZ where Sinema has magically taken the lead.

It's just freakin amazing how these last minute ballots always 100% of the time favor the Democrat.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post