SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida? Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
????

Broward County missed the 3pm deadline by 2 minutes so their numbers from last Saturday will stand. Their recount was for nothing.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/n...-20181115-story.html

By two minutes, Broward County missed the 3 p.m. Thursday state deadline to submit recount results, so numbers provided by the county Saturday will stand, an election official said Thursday.

“We uploaded to the state two minutes late so the state has chosen not to use our machine recount results. They are going to use our first unofficial results as our second unofficial results,” Joe D’Alessandro said.

D’Alessandro said the recount arrived late due to his unfamiliarity with the state’s website.

“Basically, I just worked my ass off for nothing,” he said.

D’Alessandro also said there was a 2,040 vote difference between the votes in the manual recount and those tabulated earlier.

? I thought this first pass for today was a machine recount, not a hand recount

“We believe that there was a comingling of ballots and that we did not correctly handle the ballots properly,” D’Alessandro said. “We are going to look into that and see why that took place and go from there.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Two other counties did not submit new totals to the state: Hillsborough, which cited an unexplained drop in the overall number of votes, and Palm Beach County, where Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher had warned malfunctioning vote-counting machines would prevent a complete count.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

more from Fox:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...eadline-by-2-minutes

Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – A Broward election official said late Thursday that the county had uploaded the results of its recount two minutes after the state’s 3 p.m. deadline – making the machine recount tally void. Instead, the results from last Tuesday’s election will stand until manual recount totals come in Sunday at noon.

The news of the bungled ballot count comes after Brenda Snipes, Broward’s embattled election supervisor, boasted about never missing a deadline.

“We are excited to be at this point,” she said Thursday afternoon.

As of the 3 p.m. deadline for a machine recount of three close statewide contests, nearly all of Florida’s 67 counties —except Palm Beach and Hillsborough counties — had reported updated results.

Now that the machine recount deadline has passed, counties will have until noon Sunday to submit results from a manual recount in the U.S. Senate race which pits incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson, a Democrat, against Gov. Rick Scott, a Republican.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I would love to dump all the ballot chests in the harbor...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
????

Broward County missed the 3pm deadline by 2 minutes so their numbers from last Saturday will stand. Their recount was for nothing.

You want to know why? Because after the recount, Rick Scott actually had 700 votes more than he did in the first count on election night.

Some staffer purposely was late so the recount wouldn't count because it favored the Republican. Could the filth be any more obvious?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
????

You want to know why? Because after the recount, Rick Scott actually had 700 votes more than he did in the first count on election night.

Some staffer purposely was late so the recount wouldn't count because it favored the Republican. Could the filth be any more obvious?
Is this supposition or do you have a link? Would love to read more about it if that's actually true.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
????

Is this supposition or do you have a link? Would love to read more about it if that's actually true.

Heard it on Fox from Ed Henry a few minutes ago during his segment with the Florida Republican Rep Gaetz. Actually i think Gaetz said it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mr Balze is correct.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...p-margins-in-florida

The net in Broward would have been Republican Rick Scott's statewide margin increasing by 779 votes. In the Senate race, Ron DeSantis's margin would have increase by 755 votes.

an obvious typo here. DeSantis is the Governor race

Republicans Ron DeSantis and Rick Scott would have seen their margins in the Governor and U.S. Senate races increase had county officials in two Democratic officials met the recount deadline Thursday. In Hillsborough County, the officials were perfectly clear: They flatly refused to submit the recounted numbers even though they had them on time.

Hillsborough: "[W]e are not willing to accept that votes go unreported," said Democratic Elections Supervisor Craig Latimer. The recount would have shrunk Democrat Nelson's countywide lead by 146 votes according to the Tampa Bay Times, thus increasing Rick Scott's statewide lead.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can you smell the foul odor ?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr Balze is correct.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...p-margins-in-florida

The net in Broward would have been Republican Rick Scott's statewide margin increasing by 779 votes. In the Senate race, Ron DeSantis's margin would have increase by 755 votes.

an obvious typo here. DeSantis is the Governor race

Republicans Ron DeSantis and Rick Scott would have seen their margins in the Governor and U.S. Senate races increase had county officials in two Democratic officials met the recount deadline Thursday. In Hillsborough County, the officials were perfectly clear: They flatly refused to submit the recounted numbers even though they had them on time.

Hillsborough: "[W]e are not willing to accept that votes go unreported," said Democratic Elections Supervisor Craig Latimer. The recount would have shrunk Democrat Nelson's countywide lead by 146 votes according to the Tampa Bay Times, thus increasing Rick Scott's statewide lead.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

can you smell the foul odor ?

Isn't what Hillsborough county is doing illegal also??? Not reporting all of the votes???

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
So, what then of counting every vote?? It’s almost like they’d prefer to cast a shadow of illegitimacy over the whole deal rather than accepting the results they so desperately wanted.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Hillsborough County will not submit the results of its recount to the state after it turned up 846 fewer votes.

Instead, the county will let the results from its unofficial count stand, the supervisor of elections said Thursday.

In the results sent to the state Saturday, Nelson led Scott by 41,852. After the recount, the gap narrowed slightly to 41,706.

http://www.tampabay.com/florid...allied-in-new-count/

If I am keeping up w a very confusing situation, there will not be a hand count for the Governor race. DeSantis won by enough to escape that.

But there will be a hand count for the Senate race between Scott (R) and Nelson (D)

Also as I understand the "hand count", it just addresses over and under vote ballots; it is not a total manual recount of all votes. So by not reporting the machine recount, Scott did lose 779 + 146 = 925 votes

over vote ballot = more than one candidate voted for in a race

under vote ballot = no candidate selected in a given race

posted Hide Post
It is time to call in the FEDS and send some corrupt people to prison.

Posts: 12678 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If an elections supervisor actually doesn't report the results, because they don't like them, then that is the most severest form of treason I can imagine.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Why are you ashamed? You had nothing to do with this.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I am deeply ashamed to say that I was born in Broward county. It's the first time that I have ever been ashamed of where I'm from. I was born way before I95 was completed and the thieves followed it down and moved in.

I'm not ashamed of myself, I'm ashamed of what my birthplace has become. The laughing stock of the world dragging down the reputation of the rest of the state.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Vote totals barely changed after the recount and at this point it is clear Ron DeSantis will be the next governor of Florida. Gillum picked up ONE vote in the machine recount LOL.

https://www.orlandosentinel.co...state-htmlstory.html

The senate race is going to have a hand recount but even that is extremely unlikely to change the result and I would bet at this point good money that Rick Scott prevails. The hand count only reviews the under/over votes ballots, those that voted for more than one candidate or no candidate.

https://www.orlandosentinel.co...81115-htmlstory.html

Florida has completed its machine recount of votes for several close races, the state announced on Thursday afternoon.

Palm Beach County was unable to complete a machine recount in any of the three statewide races by the Thursday deadline, and Sen. Bill Nelson’s attorney said he sued to require a hand recount of all ballots in the Senate race.

In the recount totals, Gov. Rick Scott, a Republican, leads incumbent Democrat Nelson by 12,603 votes — or .2 percent. GOP governor nominee Ron DeSantis leads Democratic nominee Andrew Gillum by 33,83 votes — or .4 percent. Despite the news, Gillum says he will not concede.

Democrat Nikki Fried leads Republican Matt Caldwell by just 5,307 votes in the state agr

That means the U.S. Senate and agriculture commissioner races are headed to manual recounts, and the results of those races must be sent by counties to the state by noon on Sunday. Certification of the official election results by the state is scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday.

Also this about Broward County.

https://www.naplesnews.com/sto...deadline/2014511002/

FORT LAUDERDALE – Broward County finished recounting ballots in three top Florida races Thursday but failed to send the totals to the state before the deadline.

County officials proudly proclaimed Thursday that they had completed the machine recounts in the Senate, governor and agriculture commissioner races 14 minutes before the state-mandated 3 p.m. Thursday deadline, despite doubts earlier in the week that it would be able to do so.

But Broward did not send those totals in time to the Department of State, which oversees elections, said agency spokeswoman Sarah Revell. The county missed the 3 p.m. deadline to submit the recount totals to the agency by two minutes, she said.

The state department instead accepted the vote totals Broward sent on Saturday, the first unofficial deadline the county had to meet.

As it turned out, the recount results in Broward were not significantly different than the Saturday results.

The original results released Saturday in the Senate race showed Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson with 471,334 votes in Broward, compared to Republican Gov. Rick Scott's 211,119. After the recount both candidates lost votes — Nelson had 469,949 votes and Scott had 210,513 votes.

Both counts gave Nelson about 69 percent of the vote, marking no real change for the senator who hopes to overcome Scott's statewide lead of about 12,500 votes.

The vote totals dropped Thursday because Broward continues to review a couple of thousand ballots that were damaged and had to be copied. They will be reviewed and reported later by the county's canvassing board.

The recount results also show about 23,000 undervotes in the Senate race, meaning fewer ballots were cast in that race than the governor's race. That's about the same number of undervotes identified in Saturday's results.

Nelson's lawyers have argued that they believed the machine recount just completed would reveal a significant number of votes for the Democrat that were missed when the ballots first went through before and on Election Day. But the recount didn't appear to produce those.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Vote totals barely changed after the recount

That's what one would expect Unless there was rampant fraud.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

There was too many eyes upon them to follow through.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

There was too many eyes upon them to follow through.

Precisely.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And really, what is letting it go to a manual recount going to accomplish for them either????? Wouldn't the extra votes they found for the Republicans be factored into the manual recount also? Besides pissing away tons of money and time to pay people to count the ballots. It's like the Democrats cannot just admit, that they were not voted in. This entire stunt is beyond ridiculous. Broward submitting their count in 2 minutes late. Hillsborough having their count done early and refusing to send it in. Do they think that if they wait long enough that Santa Claus is going to drop ballots into the mix????

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn't the extra votes they found for the Republicans be factored into the manual recount also?

No

The "manual recount" does not recount all the votes. It is a poorly worded description.

The manual recount only looks at the over and under vote ballots. Those ballots at the moment are not included in the totals.

Broward and Hillsborough, by not updating from the machine recount, did effectively take 925 votes from Scott.

Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
As others have said, the hand recount only counts over and under votes. But the poorly laid-out ballot in Broward, especially the 24th congressional district ballot, caused 20,000 (?) under votes in the senate race vs the governors race. That is remarkable. This what the Dems want: They want to divine the voters' intent: If the ballot was marked Gillum, then the voter intended to vote for Nelson, if marked for DeSantis, then give it to Scott. Broward voted 69% for Nelson, so the democrat's wet dream would flip the election. If this happens, chaos would reign in Florida.

I proudly voted for Scott and sure hope he prevails. If he does, he should thank Brenda Snipes and her ballot design and pat himself on the back for leaving the incompetent fool in place.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
This is a sample of the Broward County ballot in question. Only a very small percentage of voters did not vote for senator. I don't see the ballot as confusing or difficult at all.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post