SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colgate University Locked Down Over Glue Gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colgate University Locked Down Over Glue Gun Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
You can't make this stuff up.....legislation coming.

Link

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.34cb88b54a8e

On Monday night, Colgate University officials warned that there was an armed person on campus and advised people to find a safe place. For several hours, the campus remained locked down.

Everyone was safe. There was no gunman, police later determined. But many students were angry when they learned the reason for the alarm: Someone called Colgate’s Campus Safety when they saw a black student who had a glue gun that he was using for a school project.

Follow the link to see the rest.

Note: I wish my glue gun had a decocking lever like my P226 as I get accidental discharges when I plug it in.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Why should the safety director take an administrative leave for doing his job properly? Oh wait, cuz perceived racism wins over actual racism.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Why should the safety director take an administrative leave for doing his job properly? Oh wait, cuz perceived racism wins over actual racism.
Agreed. The freshman who called in active shooter for a glue gun should get suspended.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
That article seems to wander all over the place...just can't put my finger on why. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Where's the glue holding it together?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
That article seems to wander all over the place...just can't put my finger on why. Roll Eyes

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
To be fair, some hot glue guns are pretty scary looking...

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Looks like a pink doxie puppy caricature
with it's tongue hanging out.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

Perfect!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Does look a little like a Glock. Or an AK-47, whatever....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Your shitting me right? This is not a news article from a major publication is it? Someone got hacked or the journalists notes got published right?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Armed and ready to scrapbook!

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
These commies are pathetic

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
… a SWAT team, a tank, and police units from across the area were called in,

There's that tank responding again. Frown

Posts: 7310 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
student should be arrested and charged

pay the cost of whatever the response cost

spend about 10 years in a federal prison thinking about what he/she did wrong

as for Colgate - they should stick to toothpaste because its apparent they suck at education

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Apparently in the hierarchy of political correctness, racism is above "anti-gun".

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
..........I get accidental discharges when I plug it in.

Mike

Learn control son......learn control Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Was he brandishing and going pew pew?
What was his school project?!

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
This is what you get out of people that went to school to learn the Toothpaste business...

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to say it, but I feel bad for those kids. It's terrible knowing that they will never be happy, or they will never get an effective job, or create a good life for themselves (or their family if they get lucky enough to procreate). Scared of their own shadows, demanding that the school, LEO, or society in general are the only ones that have control over their lives as they openly admit that they certainly don't.

I feel bad cause I would never hire them. I would rather hire the immigrant kid that fought his/her way out of a war torn village; one that survived a week on a boat with nothing to eat; a kid that walked 100 miles to freedom. They are the ones that want to live and have the fire in their bellies. Those are the true immigrants that this nation was built upon all the way back before Ellis Island, weeks in wagon trains going west or months in those sailing ships to cross the Atlantic. Those are the ones that knew hardship and had the desire and the fire to take direct action to improve their lives.

I feel bad for them as they don't know they are the ones that are the losers. Their lack of for want of a better description "Balls" will sink us all. In time as we slowly filter out to the great beyond, they will be the ones in charge AND the ones staffing all those services that they so allegedly desperately need.

Who will save them? It appears that the boogey man will be behind all closed doors and when they call for help no one will want to open that door for them as they too will be as afraid. Fear and lack of Balls is a dangerous combination.

I'm loading more ammo tonite. Lots more ammo.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post