Find
Notify
Tools

Lil Kim Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
For 70 years, the Kims have stood on the other side of the border, yelling insults and mooning us, but not actually doing anything. They know they can be a pain in the ass without retaliation, but also know that they can't afford to goad us into attacking them.

I agree. But poking the tiger is a dangerous game. Whether you really want trouble or not, you might get a whole face full of claws.

And I think he is crazy. How could anyone grow up in the world he grew up in-- son of a dictator in a bizarre country-- and not be crazy?

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Trump October 1999
"You had better solve the problem now than solve it later"
"Do you want to do it in 5 years, when they have warheads pointed at New York City, Washington?"

Seventeen years later, here we are with North Korea having nuclear weapons capable of hitting us, and threatening to launch them.

What happens later as North Korea expands on it's current nuclear capabilities?
When do we solve the problem if not now?
Will the problem simply go away, or will we need to get hit first?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Maybe it does make sense to wait just a little bit. China's making big noises about going to war with India in Bhutan.

(see, for example - http://www.ibtimes.com/china-t...te-continues-2576875 )

Give Modhi whatever help seems reasonable, wait until the PRC gets bogged down in the Himalayas, then encourage Japan, the Phillipines, et alia to retake their territorial atolls and seas, and THEN we start hammering Pyongyang. None of it will be worth a nuclear war to China, and the poor old dears running the PLA won't know whether to recommend shitting or going blind.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lil Kim reminds me of David Koresh. Insecure guy that would push and push rather than come down from his position.

He does not care about anyone else, and I suspect that he believes that the US will not stop him. Obama would not, but Trump will. I look forward to the day. Go Gen. Mattis, go.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Have the effects of EMP on consumer electronics and power systems actually been tested/documented or is this another Y2K theoretical problem?

Google "Starfish Prime." EMP is not a Y2K 'what if.' It is a real and very well understood phenomenon. Anything unshielded (ie, all consumer electronics and power grids) will go lights out.

quote:

I doubt that anyone here knows exactly how EMPs could be used right now. And if he/she did know, they couldn't say

EMP is nothing secret. The only secret part is probably just how well our military stuff is shielded and any plans we may have to use it ourselves.

An EMP launch is our worst case scenario, IMO (that is, the worst of the scenarios I would expect). He could launch a nuke straight up (say, 100 miles) and detonate it. He would EMP his own country, but they would be the least affected. The economies of Japan and SKor would be devestated, probably causing a global depression. China would be hosed, too, and they likely would likely be so PO'd that they would wipe the NorKs off the map.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
China would be hosed, too, and they likely would likely be so PO'd that they would wipe the NorKs off the map.

That would be a shame. A real shame.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Have the effects of EMP on consumer electronics and power systems actually been tested/documented or is this another Y2K theoretical problem?

here is some info.

http://www.futurescience.com/emp/EMP-history.html

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Thank you. Very good article.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
“Preventive war is like committing suicide out of fear of death.” — Otto von Bismarck

The Global Times newspaper is not an official mouthpiece of the Communist Party, but in this case its editorial probably does reflect government policy and can be considered "semi-official".

"China should also make clear that if North Korea launches missiles that threaten US soil first and the US retaliates, China will stay neutral. If the US and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so."

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1060791.shtml

As a student of the history of the Great War, I've read the "Guns of August", and how quickly things spiraled out of control. Caution is needed when dealing with crazies.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Round 1
Trump: 1
Lil Kim: 0

Preview of a possible Round 3:

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
As a student of the history of the Great War, I've read the "Guns of August", and how quickly things spiraled out of control. Caution is needed when dealing with crazies.

There are no railroads across the Pacific. The PRC can prevent the US and Korea from changing the "political pattern" of the Korean Peninsula by conventional force but would essentially throw the baby out with the bath water if they decided to use nukes. There is no tripwire tied to a timeline tied to a railway schedule involved.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

There are no railroads across the Pacific. The PRC can prevent the US and Korea from changing the "political pattern" of the Korean Peninsula by conventional force but would essentially throw the baby out with the bath water if they decided to use nukes. There is no tripwire tied to a timeline tied to a railway schedule involved.

It is an analogy. Of course there are no railroads involved. The point is how quickly and easily it gets out of control when the bullets start flying.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I was pointing out that it's not a very good analogy, example, precedent, or whatever you like, since (per Tuchman) the European powers panicked when other European powers started loading their troops onto trains that could quickly take those troops to any of multiple potential front lines. There's no mechanism of the sort operating here. The participants essentially choose their own tripwires rather than being forced to be as reactive as the European powers were one hundred years ago in a completely different kind of environment.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Kim is no worry...According to the NY Times, climate change is more of a threat! I guess they think the island may tip over like Hank Johnson Roll Eyes

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...timesworld&smtyp=cur

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Is it time to hide?

On second thought, isn't it already Tuesday over there?

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un has vanished from the public eye for two weeks, South Korean media reported, prompting fears that he may be preparing to mark Tuesday’s public holiday by firing a new rocket.

The last time Kim went days without being seen was prior to the ICBM launch in late July, when he remained incognito for two weeks before making his grandiose public appearance. His public withdrawal comes as nuclear tensions mount between Washington and Pyongyang, and on the heels of the leader’s threat to attack the U.S. island territory of Guam.

On Tuesday, North Korea is set to commemorate the Korean Peninsula’s liberation from Japan at the end of World War II.

Adding to the speculation of an imminent rocket-fire test, last week U.S.-based North Korea watchdog site 38 North released satellite imagery of a submarine base in the hermit country, showing that tarps had been placed above both the fore and aft decks of the Sinpo-class submarine base, presumably to conceal any inside movements.

However, other analysts have also pointed out that Kim has previously disappeared for lengthy periods due to an unknown “physical condition.” Furthermore, his father, Kim Jong Il, disappeared for around six weeks after the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, prompting speculation that he simply may have felt threatened.

Trump vowed last week that the U.S. would respond with “fire and fury” and is “locked and loaded” should North Korea dare come close to carrying an attack on the U.S. territory of Guam. Pentagon officials have told Fox News that the U.S. military stands ready to “fight tonight.”

Pyongyang, in turn, warned that “even a single shell dropped on the Korea Peninsula might lead to the outbreak of thermonuclear war” and that North Korea considers “the U.S. no more than a lump” which it “can beat to a jelly at any time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...uld-be-imminent.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
Is it time to hide?

On second thought, isn't it already Tuesday over there?

North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un has vanished from the public eye for two weeks, South Korean media reported, prompting fears that he may be preparing to mark Tuesday’s public holiday by firing a new rocket.

The last time Kim went days without being seen was prior to the ICBM launch in late July, when he remained incognito for two weeks before making his grandiose public appearance. His public withdrawal comes as nuclear tensions mount between Washington and Pyongyang, and on the heels of the leader’s threat to attack the U.S. island territory of Guam.

On Tuesday, North Korea is set to commemorate the Korean Peninsula’s liberation from Japan at the end of World War II.

Adding to the speculation of an imminent rocket-fire test, last week U.S.-based North Korea watchdog site 38 North released satellite imagery of a submarine base in the hermit country, showing that tarps had been placed above both the fore and aft decks of the Sinpo-class submarine base, presumably to conceal any inside movements.

However, other analysts have also pointed out that Kim has previously disappeared for lengthy periods due to an unknown “physical condition.” Furthermore, his father, Kim Jong Il, disappeared for around six weeks after the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003, prompting speculation that he simply may have felt threatened.

Trump vowed last week that the U.S. would respond with “fire and fury” and is “locked and loaded” should North Korea dare come close to carrying an attack on the U.S. territory of Guam. Pentagon officials have told Fox News that the U.S. military stands ready to “fight tonight.”

Pyongyang, in turn, warned that “even a single shell dropped on the Korea Peninsula might lead to the outbreak of thermonuclear war” and that North Korea considers “the U.S. no more than a lump” which it “can beat to a jelly at any time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...uld-be-imminent.html

If he went down in one of their submarines, he's braver than I thought.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Maybe the little fraidy cat is just hiding.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
or someone could have capped him

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It actually worries me more that he is hiding. I doubt he is afraid we might strike first...

Edit: Backs down

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
If he went down in one of their submarines, he's braver than I thought.

This would be great. You can rest assured, that the U.S. Navy know where each and every one of them are and have a target fix on them.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post