SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Heritage flight:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heritage flight: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the bottom one ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Top to bottom, F-16, P-51, F-35, F-86.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Top to bottom, F-16, P-51, F-35, F-86.

F-35? I think it's an F-22.

http://www.acc.af.mil/Home/Aer...nts/Heritage-Flight/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
F35

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photo.

It creates an interesting illusion that can convince the brain to think the planes are banking toward the photographer or away.

Which is true?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Nice photo indeed. And damned high shutter speed – not a bit of blur for the P-51's prop.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Away.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Towards. Zooming in, you can see the F-86's canopy.

And that's an F-35. I thought it was a -22 at first, but I can see the single engine exhaust. They are very similar planes. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking away unless the photographer (OP?) was at their altitude.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. Obviously turning toward us. What's the story behind the photo?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

...And that's an F-35. I thought it was a -22 at first, but I can see the single engine exhaust. They are very similar planes. . .

My bad. Someone tell ACC to add the F-35 to the Heritage Flight www site!

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
OK. Obviously turning toward us. What's the story behind the photo?

They fly these formations at air shows to showcase our modern stuff while recalling the heritage of our warbirds and those who flew/maintained them.

The warbirds are all privately owned and flown by civilians.

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Sorry, I knew about Heritage Flights and have seen them quite a few times.

I was wondering if OP took the photo himself.

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I can't brain today.