SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's been a good day.... out of a string of tough ones.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's been a good day.... out of a string of tough ones. Login/Join 
posted
Today was a good day. It turned out way better than expected.

Today I woke up and fed the pup, went for a long walk down to the river, and up to look at the progress of the new bridge, which has been out for almost two months. It's coming along and it looks like they are on schedule, which is good as it doubles my drive time and the other way is less than ideal.

Schools out, so my work schedule is a lot slower/shorter which is nice, as I need a break. The last few months I have been working 60+ to 70+ hours a week. Good money, but I was wore out.

Had a couple of unexpected expenses, which put a damper on any extended out of town vacations. So with that I bought a couple of season passes to Kentucky Kingdom, which is just up the road from me.

Yesterday marked ten years since my mom passed, and that hit me hard yesterday. I didn't want to do anything, and lucky for me I didn't have to work.

Now getting back to the good day, after my pup and I little walk a friend of mine, which I also got passes for at Kentucky Kingdom called me. I didn't plan on going but I asked her if she wanted to go, she said sure and I went to pick her up, dropped off my pup at her house and we headed out.

The weather held out, as we were forecasted storms, but it was a nice sunny mid-70s day.

Well, though there were a fairly large crowd we didn't have to wait long to ride the rides. Got a few snacks and drinks and had a good time, I was starting to think that I was broken and couldn't have fun anymore. Well I actually did. After that we stopped for dinner and sat outside, which we were lucky and had one of best tables with a great view of the river. Some good food and beautiful views.

Dropped her off and picked up the pup and headed home, took a long walk to the river and now sitting outside watching fireflies (lightingbugs) with a cold beer.... sometimes life can be good.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Glad you had a great day. To me, be great day makes up for a bunch of bad ones.

Life’s Good.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a damn good day. I’m happy for you brother!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I needed a good day. I haven't really laughed in a long time. I have just been do stressed and busy with work.

Really, I thought that I was broken. Nothing has gone my way in a long time, even the simplest things have been hard.

But today, today was good.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Sometimes simple or modest pleasures are the best.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Good for you. It's nice to figure out you aren't broken.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m glad that you had a good day, despite all the bad things that have happened to you.

Sometimes folks tend to look at the half empty cup instead of the half full. It can be a bad habit to fall into, but easy to do if life has been rough.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand those days - tomorrow (17th) is 7 years since Mom's passing. Dad has managed pretty well since there (turned 100 last November - still active and bowls twice a week). Took him for a ride in a B-24 last weekend. It had been over 70 years since the last time he had been on a flight in one.

We always have the days of sorrow - it is how we choose to remember it that makes the difference in how we move forward.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
So nice you could have an entertaining day. A little sunshine brightens a dull mood.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had a really good day.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've been a bit stressed recently. Sometimes you need a day like that to remind you things in life ain't so bad.

I noticed a bunch of fireflies last night, way more than recent years. Hopefully they are making a comeback.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post