SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Storing Snowblower with Ethanol Free Gas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Storing Snowblower with Ethanol Free Gas Login/Join 
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I always put in some of the marine Stabil into my fuel can prior to filling with ethanol free gas at the pump, and then at the end of the season, I will simply turn off the snow blower fuel petcock while its running and run out all of the fuel from the carb. It starts right up 6 months later with a few pushes of the prime bulb.

I also use the same mix plus Royal Purple synthetic 2 stroke oil in my chainsaws, trimmers, and leaf blowers. They run like a clock.

I can get ethanol free fuel for like $3.30 per gallon IIRC. Its a no brainer and slight increase in fuel cost over ethanol fuels definitely makes up for it and then some in terms of no fuel problems down the road.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I put Sta-Bil in all my small engine gasoline, whether ethanol or pure.

I syphon the snow blowers and run them dry. Seems to make them start more reliably in fall.

I empty chain saws and run them dry when I'm not going to be using them for a while.

Most of the summer gear I don't much worry about. Sometimes I empty them, or shut off the fuel, and run them dry. Sometimes I don't get around to it. Honestly: It doesn't seem to make much difference with that equipment.

The generator stays topped-off, but, it gets syphoned-out, fresh gasoline, and run for twenty minutes to a half hour once-a-year if we haven't have a long-term power outage w/in the past year or so. I shut it off by turning off the fuel petcock and letting the carburetor run dry.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post