SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

My favorite so far.
+2 Excellent find and thanks for posting. Also, hats off to whomever created the meme.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Haha, that’s funny right there Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The latest from the grey kitteh at the Truth Factory on YouTube Razz...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/3TH7MUQ3cfA

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5734 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

My favorite so far. Alas, this could be my mother, although she didn't like Clinton, either. She has tended left center her whole political life, but Trump phobia has just sent her over the edge.

What a turd.......the lady in the picture.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: highroundcount,

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Just in time for Halloween

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Good article: Minnesota’s Angry NPC Liberals

“…The application of the NPC meme to the unthinking liberal herd is perfection, sublime, possibly a miracle sent by God to keep our spirits up as we take back our country in the teeth of increasing violence from the Left…”

http://alphanewsmn.com/minnesotas-angry-npc-liberals/

P. S. All Minnesota conservatives ought to know of Alpha News, an excellent conservative web site:

http://alphanewsmn.com/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Jordan Peterson calls a NPC "journalist" a NPC to her face, in so many words:

(skip to 1:08:29)

"I can replace you with someone else who thinks the same way, and that means you're not here."

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/yZYQpge1W5s?t=4109

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
This just gets better and better.

An NPC writes a game review and complains about...NPCs.

The irony is rich and thick with this one.

Left-wing gaming site Kotaku link:

https://kotaku.com/red-dead-re...its-world-1830081078

Red Dead Redemption 2 is a videogame set in the old West. It is a sequel to a huge hit, and will be one of the highest grossing games of all time.

But, oh..it has problems, says the NPC reviewer.

A quote:

The game’s interactions are constrained largely due to its inspirations. Westerns are a complex and problematic genre tied to a violent history that gave rise to the myth of the gun as an egalitarian tool (e.g., the oft-quoted “God made man, Sam Colt made them equal”) and rugged, self-reliant masculinity. As a result, interactions with Red Dead Redemption 2’s NPCs exist within that masculine framework. Arthur and the player’s actions are expressions of a mythic masculinity. We rescue women and lesser men—after all, better men would be able to fight off bandits and manage their horses— and compete against would-be gunslingers while using unique abilities like Dead-Eye to our advantage. We tip our hat like a proper gentleman, and we kill anyone we want. The game rewards those masculine impulses without fail. I rarely am able to help for my own sake in Red Dead Redemption 2. The Western framework leads to only certain kinds of interactions, and those interactions inevitably lead to rewards: outshoot someone in a marksmanship contest and you’ll gain some cash; rescue a man from wolves and he’ll give you a treasure map.

These rewards further stress that, in spite of Red Dead Redemption 2’s meticulous details and animations—created through excess, condemnable hours and strenuous labor—the NPCs just exist for the player’s benefit.

End quote.

Note that this person just critiqued the meticulous details were created through "excess. condemnable hours". God forbid she ever has to meet a deadline!

And then she actually says that the NPCs just exist for the player's benefit.

Ummm...EXACTLY! It's a videogame, you clueless bint! Do you think the NPCs, which are actually just scripted lines of code, deserve their own lives?

Wait, I think she actually does...

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Jordan Peterson calls a NPC "journalist" a NPC to her face, in so many words:

(skip to 1:08:29)

"I can replace you with someone else who thinks the same way, and that means you're not here."

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/yZYQpge1W5s?t=4109

That woman was the most articulate fool I've ever heard.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
How Late Night "Comics" See Themselves Vs. How Every Normal Person Sees Them

Here they are, posing for Vanity Fair, trying to pretend they're all in Sinatra's Rat-Pack. Just a gang of Immortal Comedy Assassins, destroying the world with their ninja humor skills.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The song is pretty funny...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

-rduckwor

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post