SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Ummm...can someone explain this to a fella who's a little slow today? Confused

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Look, let's let the meme creators create the memes, we don't need to shoehorn definitions to create a pantheon. Smile

OK PC's aren't player characters, let's stick with players. The faceless asshats mocked by NPC consider themselves important, they're players. My point was they're not. We already had a name for them, useful idiots. They only matter by force of numbers, as individuals, wanna be players.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
gus,

from the OP
quote:
The new “NPC” meme mocks leftists by depicting them as unthinking and reflexive automatons
In other words, lemmings don't like being called lemmings

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm...alright then...

The whole thing seems a bit childish to me, but if it bunches up the panties of the commies then I guess it's a good thing.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Look, let's let the meme creators create the memes, we don't need to shoehorn definitions to create a pantheon. Smile

OK PC's aren't player characters, let's stick with players. The faceless asshats mocked by NPC consider themselves important, they're players. My point was they're not. We already had a name for them, useful idiots. They only matter by force of numbers, as individuals, wanna be players.

I think trying to make sense of this meme without any real experience playing games to compare it to makes this one harder than most to "get." NPC's can't even "wanna be" because they're just code. They spawn (appear) where they're coded to, they say only a handful of scripted lines when "triggered" to, and that's it. There's zero computation or processing going on on their part beyond "input A = response B." They can't even want to be players, and wouldn't have a clue how to do it. In games where you have NPC "squadmates," they still follow a waypoint path, say what they're supposed to say when you get there, and shoot completely all around the enemy NPC's because they're programmed to let the player get all the kills, and are usually just cannon fodder. It's complete debasement as human beings and takes away the notion that they even matter in numbers, or as individuals because they've chosen to stop thinking and become a living, breathing set piece in a diorama that their overlords are constructing for them. They're complicit in their own dehumanization and boy, that's just gotta sting having it spelled out so clearly to them with this meme.

We agree, but you're trying to give them a bit too much credit against the spirit of the meme. It's simply this: They've accepted to be programmed and to respond as they were programmed and nothing more or less, and for that, they're about as useful and interesting as a non-human digital animation that only says or does about a half dozen things.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 425 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Hmmmm...alright then...

The whole thing seems a bit childish to me, but if it bunches up the panties of the commies then I guess it's a good thing.

It has depth.

Their constantly shrinking Newspeak dictionary leaves them with a very limited choice of possible responses.

Put another way, SJWs are so overcome with absurd taboos, so many things maintaining purity no longer allows them to say or even think, that they've made themselves intellectual cripples with only a few approved 'thoughts' to choose from.

And they KNOW it, because they've lived it from the inside. But its too humiliating to have to admit what their ideology/religion has cost them.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
There is an C. B. Ford NPC ... spot on.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
quote:
Hmmmm...alright then...

It has depth.

Their constantly shrinking Newspeak dictionary leaves them with a very limited choice of possible responses.

Put another way, SJWs are so overcome with absurd taboos, so many things maintaining purity no longer allows them to say or even think, that they've made themselves intellectual cripples with only a few approved 'thoughts' to choose from.

And they KNOW it, because they've lived it from the inside. But its too humiliating to have to admit what their ideology/religion has cost them.

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and as memes go, this one is like a fine wine, or bourbon. It has depth and character, so many nuances, and it will only get better with time. No need to fortify it, it stands on its own.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fascinating to watch leftists dance like puppets on strings.

This thing has legs. Just look at the way the leftists are reacting. All one needs are rudimentary skills in MS Paint, and a photo hosting service. Those gray blobs take no skill to make and they can be applied to any face in a photo.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Not even as useful as the red shirt guys in ST....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this, I'll play

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
Hmm, I went looking on line for an interesting t-shirt or bumper sticker featuring my new favorite meme, and lo, I see they are next to impossible to find, wonder why?

Do a search for not sticker- some do pop up...there’s even a Zippy one...

https://www.google.com/shoppin...kKHUXcCFo4MBCCNgj6BA

Here is a great one-
https://www.google.com/shoppin...HnFkKHeANB-cQgjYIrgU

This one really hits the mark.
https://www.redbubble.com/peop...eme&iaCode=u-sticker

Perhaps someone here at SF has the equipment and ability to custom make a run of vinyl stickers like the FBO stickers of a few years ago? I’d be in for a handful of them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
if it bunches up the panties of the commies then I guess it's a good thing.

Not exactly a high hurdle. Doesn't take much for the GDNPC's to get all worked up.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid this whole thing has passed me by.

I'm okay with that.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ummm...can someone explain this to a fella who's a little slow today? Confused

To enhance play, many video game programs provide computer-driven opponents (or assistants) for the players.

Behavior and appearance are controlled by the programmer's algorithms. Often, some are made to look like a player (i.e. they might look like whatever the players themselves look like) but of course are not actually players, just bots.

As a generic term, Non-Player Character is the term used to differentiate those bots from the human players. NPCs do only what they are programmed to do - hence, they are predictable, not very bright and easy to out-think.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
If you play Role Playing video Games (RPG's) and are not a libtard this is so hilarious.

NPC = Non Player Character

NPC's tend to not have any situational awareness and make your tasks more difficult because of their stupidity. Most gamers will avoid any interaction with NPC 's at all cost and would kill them if given the option. Hope that helps. Sorry on my phone.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i love it. the fact that these memes are so "dangerous" just makes it worse for them. they are now at the spiky end of counter-culture. it aint cool to be an npc...

they will always lose the meme wars...they are just simply less funny and cant even compete with their PC shackles.

more my trolls, more.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I'm not a game player, so I had no idea what a NPC is. Now that I understand it, I think it is a very good description of the left loonies. The whole thing has a kind of grade school mentality to it, which makes it even funnier that they are so upset about it. As far as it being dehumanizing, I think the left did that to themselves without any help from Conservatives.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post