SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is the ‘NPC’ Meme? Liberals Rage at Cartoons Mocking Their Scripted Thoughts Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now we just need some pictures of (D) on this board with that meme.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post

Plato

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am familiar with PC meaning Personal Computer and even Political Correctness, but I've never heard of the other meanings. I don't play any video games, so I guess that's the reason. I had not seen the NPC Meme, either.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Paul Joseph Watson’s take- hilarious Big Grin

https://youtu.be/M0aienuCBdg

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I have sons in their 20s. This has been around for them for quite awhile. They’re a bit perturbed that “normies” are jumping on their meme. Wink

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Exactly. This is the Barbra Striesand effect. If you protest too much, people who did not know and did not care about your stupid little conniption fit now do, and they are all mocking you!

Plato

No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

The idea to turn the lefties into NPCs is genius, and the reason they are so spun up and pissed off is because it is TRUE and hits close to home.

^^This

I'm reminded of this quote. "A remark generally hurts in proportion to it's truth" -Will Rogers

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Fantastically accurate portrait. Bravo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
They *are* the NPCs.

Sure, but that's what makes it funny. They claim they're not NPCs, and yet a mere meme is enough to get them worked up. How can they claim to not be something that they, at the very least, so clearly relate to?

It’s funny because it’s true Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15570 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I am familiar with PC meaning Personal Computer and even Political Correctness, but I've never heard of the other meanings. I don't play any video games, so I guess that's the reason. I had not seen the NPC Meme, either.

flashguy

No worries. I just moved back into the DFW area. Allow me to buy you a beer or other cocktail and explain all this new-fangled stuff.

Plato

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The PC is what the game is played on, by the player.

...non-player characters (NPCs)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're not a gamer. I've never heard the avatar the person playing as described as anything other than a character or "my guy." It felt weird to describe it as an avatar, because that's funtionally a whole other thing. Look, let's let the meme creators create the memes, we don't need to shoehorn definitions to create a pantheon. Smile

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
All nit-picking aside, I think it's hilarious. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21844 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh, it's absolutely brilliant because it's absolutely spot-on. They wouldn't be so bothered by it and trying to ban it across the internet if it wasn't so perfectly on the mark.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

No worries. I just moved back into the DFW area. Allow me to buy you a beer or other cocktail and explain all this new-fangled stuff.
furlough, I will gladly meet up with you most anywhere for a FTF. I don't drink beer, but I'm sure we could work something out and have a good visit. My e-mail address is in my Public Profile--shoot me a message and we'll set something up.

(That offer is open to other SF folks in the DFW area, if any are interested. I'll even buy the first drink.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Somebody needs to make a Halloween Mask for the kiddies this year, that would be hilarious. Big Grin

Posts: 22902 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post