SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any RAD TECHS in here ???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any RAD TECHS in here ??? Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
Consider ultrasound and specialize. There are several certifications, I’d recommend looking into cardiac-vascular. You can make good money in a Cardiologist office with much better conditions and benefits than a hospital and more respected. No weekends/holidays/on-call.

echo tech??? echo cardio gram technician??

As a cardiologist, I've worked with "echo techs" for decades. Compared with a lot of other paramedical fields, it pays well, conditions are good, there's no pus, poop, or boogers, and as said above, you're treated with respect. Some techs work in hospitals, where there is perhaps a more collegial atmosphere, others in clinics, and some go back and forth.

Plus cardiologists are just a barrel of laughs to work with, and have no egos at all.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

As a cardiologist, I've worked with "echo techs" for decades. Compared with a lot of other paramedical fields, it pays well, conditions are good, there's no pus, poop, or boogers, and as said above, you're treated with respect. Some techs work in hospitals, where there is perhaps a more collegial atmosphere, others in clinics, and some go back and forth.

Plus cardiologists are just a barrel of laughs to work with, and have no egos at all.

Some are good musicians too. There were several who had a band in Houston. They played at functions in the medical center. As I recall they were called “The Heartbeats”!

A cardiologist my wife worked with sometimes fronted a Mariachi band. Once, at a party, I played guitar along with a cardiologist from Australia who was a dang good guitar player and singer.

Guess they all have a good good sense of timing.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I am not a Rad-Tech, but I work with many ex-Rad-Techs. I service/repair accelerators used for radiation therapy (cancer treatment). Many of the machine operators (Radiation Therapists) started off as Rad-Techs.

According to them, Radiation Therapists earn more money, have better hours (no shift work) and don’t have to deal with trauma patients and all of the unpleasantness associated with that.

Look into it, if you are interested, I can put you in contact with one of these individuals. Email is in my profile.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wayniac:

thank you sir

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayniac:
I am not a Rad-Tech, but I work with many ex-Rad-Techs. I service/repair accelerators used for radiation therapy (cancer treatment). Many of the machine operators (Radiation Therapists) started off as Rad-Techs.

According to them, Radiation Therapists earn more money, have better hours (no shift work) and don’t have to deal with trauma patients and all of the unpleasantness associated with that.

Look into it, if you are interested, I can put you in contact with one of these individuals. Email is in my profile.

It takes a very special type of person to work in oncology. Oncology and pediatrics can be very difficult to deal with emotionally.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out salary.com it will give a you a pretty good idea what others are making.

Mid 50s is the median income for TX for rad techs

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
thanks fellas, I am doing my research as we speak today.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,