SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Surveillance camera for bird nest help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surveillance camera for bird nest help. Login/Join 
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted
Our Cardinals are back again this year.

After standing and sitting on a 6' step ladder watching through the back kitchen window last year and documenting with my IPhone camera. Were thinking maybe a surveillance camera might be nice.

I know nothing about surveillance, dash cams or gopro stuff.

For the angle and direction needed the camera will need to be about a foot away from the nest.

Since nest construction started today probably mounting the camera is all I'd want to do right now. I could come up with 110vac from the flood lights a few feet away and could just throw up coax if needed but what wireless work?

Do also have wi-fi so what would work?

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
My first thought is a “game” camera with WiFi.

You can do a small WiFi IP camera, but if doing real time video you’ll need to record it to a server or NAS

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bird bath that I would like to do something similar with, I could be 8ft. to 12 feet away

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post