SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is wrong with people today...Chattanooga man burned by home invaders...in hospital!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is wrong with people today...Chattanooga man burned by home invaders...in hospital! Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...and you wonder why I go to the door with my Glock 27 in hand if the doorbell rings (or it's close by and charged)...sad and far too common Frown...I hope these people that did this burn to death in a house fire while rescue is "right there" (well maybe not that extreme...but you understand what I mean) Mad Mad Mad ...

http://www.chattanoogan.com/20...-Injured-During.aspx

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Investigators believe that the victim was specifically targeted and are confident that there is no general threat to the public."

That tells me they all knew each other. I think there's a big rest of the story that hasn't come out yet...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I agree, it seems there's another angle here that they knew each other, which may explain the fucked up treatment they gave the guy. Unfortunately, working in the local custody facility, I see so many stories in the news of a poor person having horrible things done to them, only to run the victim and find out they are pretty much a piece of shit. No idea if that's the case here, but you will, also, never find that out through the local news. Had a "poor" homicide victim here not too long ago that I knew real well from work (frequent visitor, and total asshole while visiting) and I was not surprised by his demise, but there was absolutely no sign of negativity towards the guy in the news. Honestly, I've read so many stories with criminal victims, I read every story with a sense of doubt.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post