SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car crash caught on my dashcam today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car crash caught on my dashcam today Login/Join 
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Looks like the gray car was on the wrong side of the road coming around the curve.
When the gray car's driver saw the black one crossing in front of him he steered to the left, and crossed the center stripe before the impact occurred. If he'd steered to go behind the black car, and just stayed in his lane, it looks like the collision would have been avoided.

Posts: 6470 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
The insurance companies are the ones who would want to see the video.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goingbroke
posted Hide Post
I run two Garmin Dash Cams in each of my tow trucks...

...some poor lady tried to make a right turn from an inside lane on me last Thursday!

These things are worth their weight in gold!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." - Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 5059 | Location: South of Atlanta | Registered: July 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Hi SC,

It was your posting of videos like this as my main reason for getting a dash cam myself. I have an entry level Spytec a119. It records files as MP4 files in 3 minute segments. A 3 minute segment is too big (531kb) for PostImage.

How are you posting your videos?

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Youtube

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Youtube

Never done that. Is it easy to post to YouTube?

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Youtube

Never done that. Is it easy to post to YouTube?

Very.

Just go to Youtube.com, start an account. It's all laid out pretty clearly.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Hi SC,

It was your posting of videos like this as my main reason for getting a dash cam myself. I have an entry level Spytec a119. It records files as MP4 files in 3 minute segments. A 3 minute segment is too big (531kb) for PostImage.

How are you posting your videos?

As they said I upload them to YOUTUBE.
But I use QuicktimePlayer to trim out the part I want to display.
Then save that section and upload.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only put 5,000 miles on per year and I got a dash cam .

I've seen three close calls and five blatant legal infractions and one accident.
( a car full of kids stopped at a stop sign decided to toss it in to reverse and hit a pick up in the process.

trashed the pt cruiser's back hatch, all to hell

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Looks like the gray car was on the wrong side of the road coming around the curve.

I don't think so. He looked like right on the yellow, then made the wrong choice to veer left when he saw the car pull out. Should have steered towards the shoulder and braked.

That's what I saw as well.

Yeah, black-car should not been in the road, and grey-car isn't at fault. But if he'd slammed on his hopefully-antiskid brakes and headed to the right instead of the left, there might not have been any sheet metal interaction.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Here's one I got of a typical goddamn asshole too impatient to drive like a normal person in the treacherous mountains of Georgia.
The lives of others are not as important as their destination.
Like those who want to go 100 in the left lane.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/x-vy0lC-6fA

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
If the black car had simply full stopped, they likely would not have pulled in front of the kid.
They had a clear view far beyond the silver car and no good reason to proceed.

Just tap the brake and nail the accelerator, fuck everyone else.

I am "no faulting" the kid, not even for swerving.

I agree. It looks pretty much like the driver in the dark car was totally at fault. Maybe a very skilled and aware driver in the silver car could have avoided the wreck, but I wouldn't put any blame on him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one morning with heavy fog, raining and way overcast skies, I was doing 45 in a 55 zone and some jack ass w/o lights on passed me on a double yellow line zone

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this morning , I am east bound on I-80 when the semi and two cars in front of me start clamping down on the brakes, Hard!

there is a mini van in the #2 lane (right side), Stopped! with its left turn signal on.

He missed his exit and wanted to cut over to the westbound side, through the emergency vehicle turn around gate. STOPPED ! on a forking interstate !

not off the highway on the side of the road, but in the #2 lane!

he's the luckiest man on the planet , that I was not driving a deuce and a half.

I would have rolled him up in to a curb side pickup