SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car crash caught on my dashcam today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car crash caught on my dashcam today Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
No one was hurt, just a bunch of bent sheetmetal.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/tXWXXDnXqTA

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
What are you doing in Russia?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
No Ladas here... Razz

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

And for the immediate Win! Orguss

Poor kid looks shaken up. Thankfully he has Your dash cam footage.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
That's F'ed up. Unless I am missing something, the kids is blameless. Scary.

How old was the driver of the black vehicle?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nah, the Treacherous mountains of Jawja.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
That's F'ed up. Unless I am missing something, the kids is blameless. Scary.

How old was the driver of the black vehicle?

The other diver was a 20 something Asian male.
Passenger was late teen latin female holding a small dog.

Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Nah, the Treacherous mountains of Jawja.

They're only treacherous in the winter asshole.

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Looks like the gray car was on the wrong side of the road coming around the curve.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
In all fairness if the grey car had have stayed in his lane the other car might have made it.

But hope everyone is all right.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Looks like the gray car was on the wrong side of the road coming around the curve.

I don't think so. He looked like right on the yellow, then made the wrong choice to veer left when he saw the car pull out. Should have steered towards the shoulder and braked.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Driver of black car went thru a stop sign. Probably texting, too.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
My dad taught me to never veer. Brake straight ahead.
He taught driving safety for Southern Bell as a supervisor in the 70s and 80s.

The Kid in the silver car was 18 and inexperienced.
I think he did the best he could.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

On the wrong side of the road at the moment of crash, but that was evidently because the driver swerved to try to avoid the car that pulled in front of him. Unfortunately, he’d evidently never been told, “Never swerve into the opposite lane.”

I wonder if the gray car was exceeding the speed limit. I always thought it was a good law that Missouri had (has?) stating that a speeding vehicle loses its right of way. I.e., if someone pulls out in front of a speeding vehicle, it’s the speeder that’s at fault.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that Oleg running to render aid or his brother Vladimir?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Is that Oleg running to render aid or his brother Vladimir?
I think it’s Yuri...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
No Ladas here... Razz

Bailey Waters Rd. & 136?

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The gray car swerved in the wrong direction. He swerved into the direction of travel of the black car. Had he swerved right he would have avoided the accident. Not saying it was his fault at all, but a driver with a little more experience or situational awareness could have avoided or minimized the accident.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
As long as the dog was ok

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
If the black car had simply full stopped, they likely would not have pulled in front of the kid.
They had a clear view far beyond the silver car and no good reason to proceed.

Just tap the brake and nail the accelerator, fuck everyone else.

I am "no faulting" the kid, not even for swerving.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post