SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Archers, Please help with High School shooting team rules/equipment.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archers, Please help with High School shooting team rules/equipment. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
My daughter has decided to join the high school shooting team.
They compete with archery, rifle, and shotgun.

She informed me that they need to provide their own compound bow.
Yesterday Cabela's had a pre-black Friday sale.
I purchased the Bear® Archery Cruzer RTH Sand Compound-Bow Package for $250, seemed like a good deal on what looks like a good bow.

I believe these are the rules, NORTH CAROLINA HUNTER EDUCATION SHOOTING TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL RULES, 2012.

Now I am thinking I should look for a Black Friday deal on a "release".

Are these trigger type releases allowed?

Would this Spot Hogg Keeton Archery Release be a good one?

Neither she nor I have much experience with archery, other than her shooting at a summer camp.

I am clueless on archery and look forward to any advice you have to offer.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post