SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to counter/fight PETA and similar
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to counter/fight PETA and similar Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted
What would be a good way to counter the efforts of PETA? (And possibly their off-shoots like GREY2K)

I'm basically looking for a counter-PETA group to support and maybe help offset their twisted ideology and evil doings.

Posts: 503 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Be openly carnivorous in front of them. Bitches like them expect to be reasoned with like they have a seat at the adults table. Give them nothing but open contempt.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
At one time (possibly still today?), PETA's charter had language that was dead set against the "keeping of animals for pets". Few people outside their group are aware of this. Their more militant wing (Animal Liberation Front - "ALF") was known to send people to dog shows and turn show dogs loose ("liberate") when given the opportunity.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Wear a T-shirt that says

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 19tass:
At one time (possibly still today?), PETA's charter had language that was dead set against the "keeping of animals for pets". Few people outside their group are aware of this.

This. And making people aware of other even further out there things. Eating burgers and stuff as some suggest isn't going to do anything other than make the person eating it get some false sense of...whatever.

The problem with PETA is that at an initial glance they seem like a good organization. Who wouldn't want to help prevent cruelty to animals? But once you really start to learn about the beliefs and behavior of Ingrid Newkirk and other early high level members you'll realize many of them are insane. Young people are especially susceptible to joining. It's easy to show a kid a picture of some animal that's been cruelly treated or experimented on, not many would be opposed to wanting to fight that. But let them know that at it's core they'd be happy to take your beloved dog and euthanize it for you...

There is a big difference between wanting to prevent cruelty to animals and some of the core beliefs of PETA.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Join, infiltrate, expose, disrupt. Where possible this is the best way to deal with these types of organizations.

Think Project Veritas.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
BBQ hotdogs at one of their protests:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/xgKCBnUJ4HU

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Join, infiltrate, expose, disrupt. Where possible this is the best way to deal with these types of organizations.

Think Project Veritas.

I don't think that's a good or effective tack with this particular organization. While they don't really promote a lot of their crazier core beliefs like they do the basic "prevent animal cruelty" message it's not like it's a big secret. It's all out there in their own words. They just don't draw much attention to it.

I'm just spitballing here but I think a more effective tactic if one wanted to directly confront them would be to be polite, and operate under the belief that many members don't know what some of the high level inner core believes. Perhaps pass out a simple flyer to them that has some of the quotes and beliefs the founders had and also include some info on volunteer opportunities at a local shelter or animal welfare organization. Both making them aware of the "We'll kill your family dog/cat that you shouldn't even have!" and giving them a constructive way to channel a desire to help animals.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Wow, who'd a thunk it, we're just alike.

I feed my cows grain and hay then, I eat them.

That makes me a vegetarian too!"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a bull riding event a few years ago and everyone walked by them like they weren’t there. It was kinda funny because they were definitely trying to get reactions out of people and they couldn’t have been more invisible.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Vaguely I remember PETA getting burned in NC a decade ago, where they were adopting dogs in VA and eastern NC and then killing the animals...they don’t condone humans owning other animals, so their thought is to kill the animals to keep humans from owning them. They got caught when they were dumping them in dumpsters in Ahoskie

So in response to your question...just tell people to see how many and how often PETA euthanized the animals in their care...iirc there was a expose in VA and NC about it and they(peta) whacked animals within hours of receiving them from the public..

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't argue or counter people that are totally illogical to begin with.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm very involved in Greyhound rescue and don't think I'd lump Greyhound rescue in with PETA in any way.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post