SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2017 NCAA Football Survival Pool Week 1
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 NCAA Football Survival Pool Week 1 Login/Join 
Picture of jmtgsx
posted
2017 NCAA Football Survival Pool Week 1

It's that time again, 1st game kicks off Saturday, August 26th and Week 1 goes all the way through September 4th.

Please remember have your picks in before kickoff of any game before Saturday. Saturday deadline for ALL games is 11:00 AM EST. Any other day of the week, Pick must be made before the game kicks off.

Official Survival Pool Week 1 2017

1) Pick one college FBS team per week.
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week there is no tie breaker. If there is a tie, those survivors win.
9) Each succeeding week post your pick for that week as well as those of your previous picks.
Example:
Week 1: Penn State
Week 2: Clemson
Week 3: South Carolina
Week 4: Indiana

10) If you change a pick, don’t make a change in the original post just make a new post. I use the last post you make for a pick.
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings! Bama doesn’t get it!
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN. As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.

FBS (I-A) Schedule - 2017 - NCAAF - ESPN
Good Luck and start picking!

Post your Week 1 picks in this thread

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Auburn

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
Week 1

LSU Fighting Tigers

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm excited
Week 1 Michigan State

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Been looking forward to this. I lost early last year when somebody upset Iowa. Mad

Week 1: BYU

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
University Central Florida

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little iffy on the rules but I'll give it a shot:

Week 1. Air Force

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Happy to answer any questions.

Redeemed!

posted Hide Post
This was fun last year.

Assuming we are lumping all the early games as week 1...

Week 1: Stanford

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Haven't played before, but I guess I'll give it a go this season.

Week 1: Fresno State

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Alabama

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I notice that several of the teams that play on the 26th also play again later in "week 1". Should there maybe be a "week 0" for those few early games?

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Does the contest include the playoffs, or just regular season?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Yeah, to hang with ESPN's schedule, (Rule 12), there are 8 teams that play twice in that time frame.
Oregon State
Portland State
Colorado State
BYU
Hawaii
UMass
USF
San Jose State

If you want to pick one of those teams, I will assume that you are picking their first game, unless you post otherwise.

Redeemed!

Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Regular season games only. No conference championship games or bowl games.

Redeemed!

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Cincinnati

Missed out on this last year, glad I caught it early this time around.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmtgsx:
Yeah, to hang with ESPN's schedule, (Rule 12), there are 8 teams that play twice in that time frame.
Oregon State
Portland State
Colorado State
BYU
Hawaii
UMass
USF
San Jose State

If you want to pick one of those teams, I will assume that you are picking their first game, unless you post otherwise.

Too bad, I was wanting to use Oregon State in the latter game (against that same crap team that my week 1 pick BYU plays on the 26th). Guess I'll just have to hope that OSU has a winnable game later on.

I feel kind of sorry for the kids who play for Hawaii. Half of their games are a quarter of the way around the world from home (average). But to have to travel to UMass??? Geez. I wonder if the kids get to keep the frequent flyer miles or if the school snatches them up? Probably the school.

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Mississippi State

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Fresno State

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Minnesota

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post