SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tennesee Senate race: Democrat Phil Bredesen said he would have voted for Kavanaugh. Veritas undercover video shows it was a big lie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennesee Senate race: Democrat Phil Bredesen said he would have voted for Kavanaugh. Veritas undercover video shows it was a big lie Login/Join 
posted

Project Veritas Catches Phil Bredesen's Staffers Admitting Fake Kavanaugh Support, Calling Voters 'Ignorant'

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...augh-suppor-n2527386

ames O'Keefe's Project Veritas Action has caught Tennessee Democratic candidate Phil Bredesen's campaign staffers admitting on tape that the supposedly moderate politician is actually pulling a political ruse over Tennessee voters by claiming to support President Trump's agenda as well as lying about his would-be vote for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh had he been in senate.

In a roughly 10 minutes long video released on Wednesday night, undercover operatives for James O'Keefe recorded a Bredesen campaign field organizer by the name of Will Stewart calling the people of Tenessee "ignorant" and claiming his candidate only announced support for Brett Kavanaugh because it would be politically expedient.

“So he’ll lose voters if he says yes [to not confirming Kavanaugh?]" the undercover journalist asks.

“Oh, straight up, yeah," Stewart responds.

“Are the people of Tennessee that ignorant?" the PV mole asks in reply.

“Yeah," Stewart says.

Then, at one point in the video, the journalist expresses her confusion as to whether or not Bredesen would actually vote for Kavanaugh. "He wouldn’t. But he’s saying he would… Which I don’t know if it makes it worse or better," Stewart answers before finally saying that this lie actually "makes it better."

Another staffer, Maria Amalla, adds "...it’s a political move… He thinks that like we’re down like half a point right now. It’s like really close and we’re losing by a point or two. So he thinks that if like by saying this he’s appealing to more moderate republicans and he’ll get more of them to vote for us."

Amalla seems to disagree with this political choice saying, "I guess we won't know until November 6th if this was worth it."

Staffers also reveal that they feel confident Bredesen will "be a good Democrat" once he gets into office. Likewise, they add that while on the surface they cannot say they are running "against Trump," that's why many on Bredesen's campaign staff are working for the candidate.

Bredesen is running against Republican Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn for the Senate seat.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

“Are the people of Tennessee that ignorant?" the PV mole asks in reply.

“Yeah," Stewart says.

That belief-- us proles are stupid and need the inspired and benevolent rule of the the intellectually and morally superior Left-- permeates EVERYTHING in their bizarre universe. That's Part 1.

The privileges that come with that awesome and weighty responsibility are, of course, their entitlement. That's Part 2.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They are not far from wrong. I am in a class of cops this week and discussion has turned to the state retirement mess.

Basically, KY has been ruled by democrats of years. They have gutted the funded retirement system by taking out “loans” or transferring money to other funds to cover pork barrel spending. The “loans” were never paid back. The current Repub controlled state house have tried to fix the problem to head off the money running out.

The answer from the teachers is that the Republicans hate teachers. The current administration came up with a plan that was modest with cuts. The teachers rejected it. Basic common sense tells us that without modest cuts, taxes have to be raised. Of course, the left went ape shit over the necessary tax increases. The answer from the teachers is that they need to vote back in the party that caused the mess, and they are going to find “magic money” to fix things.

They are several cops in this class that have repeated the leftie talking points of the democrat way.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Basically, KY has been ruled by democrats of years. They have gutted the funded retirement system by taking out “loans” or transferring money to other funds to cover pork barrel spending. The “loans” were never paid back. The current Repub controlled state house have tried to fix the problem to head off the money running out.

The people of KY are fortunate that the current Repub controlled state house is trying to fix the problem. Illinois is not so fortunate.

JPMorgan Expert: Illinois Bankruptcy Option Needed - True Debt, Pension, Health Costs Would Consume Half Of Revenue

Michael Cembalest is Chairman of Market and Investment Strategy at J.P. Morgan Asset Management.

His report released yesterday, The ARC and the Covenants, updates his earlier research comparing the percentage of state revenues needed to pay interest on general obligation debt, and meet all future pension and retiree healthcare obligations. [The link to the report appears to be working sporadically: https://www.jpmorgan.com/directdoc/ARC4_ES.pdf ]

Most states, he concludes, have manageable burdens (which he defines as 15% or less).

Not Illinois, which is far worst among the states. By his calculations, 51% of state revenue would have to go towards debt, pensions and retiree healthcare to reach full funding, and that would take 30 years. He assumes all pensions will earn 6% per year on invested assets. His comparison chart is below.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...pension-health-costs

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Well, he's a democrat. Lying in a significant part of their platform.

Besides, he's trying to get into Taylor Swift's pants I hear.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
This was a good catch.

I like that O'Keefe is just putting out videos now without all the extreme hyping that he used to do. I think he will be a lot more effective now.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like that O'Keefe is just putting out videos now without all the extreme hyping that he used to do. I think he will be a lot more effective now.

It's a fine line to walk. If you hype, you raise expectations. If you don't hype, you risk no one seeing them. You can be damn sure the lame stream media won't mention them. But they do spread by word of mouth and links like here, but mostly to those of us who don't really need to see them to know what's going on.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have never seen so many campaign adds on TV here. Several back to back, at times. Lots of money being spent it looks like and the adds are all pretty well done, selling their own spin.

I've got yard signs out and have kicked in some cash.

Fingers crossed...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Why is that clip not being played a hundred times a day here instead of all the usual BS political ads that mean nothing

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I have never seen so many campaign adds on TV here. Several back to back, at times. Lots of money being spent it looks like and the adds are all pretty well done, selling their own spin.

Fingers crossed...

Funny thing is a lot of outside money is being spent on local races here. There is one in particular that has a radio ad that wasn’t produced by anyone who knows anything about the state. Both the male and female have accents that are cartoon-ish and don’t exist in the wild here.

It is likely how the Soros funded super PAC thinks that we sound like here.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bredesen just got back from meeting with (gun control) Bloomberg so I am sure the billionaire is pumping big bucks into all the pacs.

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I remember reading where Bredesen admitted at one point in the past the he was cut from the same political cloth as the Kennedys.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight. Bredesen, a Dem candidate for office, lied to voters. Color me shocked.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
He was a piece of shit as Governor and would be worse as a senator

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
"Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shooting stuff..."

James in Denver
Originally from TN

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

The people of KY are fortunate that the current Repub controlled state house is trying to fix the problem. Illinois is not so fortunate.

JPMorgan Expert: Illinois Bankruptcy Option Needed - True Debt, Pension, Health Costs Would Consume Half Of Revenue

Michael Cembalest is Chairman of Market and Investment Strategy at J.P. Morgan Asset Management.

His report released yesterday, The ARC and the Covenants, updates his earlier research comparing the percentage of state revenues needed to pay interest on general obligation debt, and meet all future pension and retiree healthcare obligations. [The link to the report appears to be working sporadically: https://www.jpmorgan.com/directdoc/ARC4_ES.pdf ]

Most states, he concludes, have manageable burdens (which he defines as 15% or less).

Not Illinois, which is far worst among the states. By his calculations, 51% of state revenue would have to go towards debt, pensions and retiree healthcare to reach full funding, and that would take 30 years. He assumes all pensions will earn 6% per year on invested assets. His comparison chart is below.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...pension-health-costs

Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Connecticut, Hawaii and Massachusetts will all be using 40% of their revenues to cover debt, pension, and healthcare by 2030. Most of them are in excess of 25% today.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I predict that, if asked, he will state that the views expressed in that video are those of ill informed fringe staffers, and that they are heavily injected with the staffers' personal beliefs and desires, NOT reflective of his views. Etc, etc.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen any of the newspapers carry this story.The only way to get it out is going to be through the internet,and people spreading it to other voters in the state.

I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Fingers crossed...

Funny thing is a lot of outside money is being spent on local races here. There is one in particular that has a radio ad that wasn’t produced by anyone who knows anything about the state. Both the male and female have accents that are cartoon-ish and don’t exist in the wild here.

It is funny sometimes how the movies (or commercials) will have actors sound based on their interpretation of "country" or "southern" or "hillbilly" etc. Usually pretty far from being accurate.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

Fingers crossed...

It is funny sometimes how the movies (or commercials) will have actors sound based on their interpretation of "country" or "southern" or "hillbilly" etc. Usually pretty far from being accurate.

The commercial came on again this morning and was directly followed by a satire commercial of two guys in hillbilly voices that made fun of the commercial. I did find it odd that the radio station would make fun of a paid ad.

It was hilarious.

www.opspectraining.com