SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tennesee Senate race: Democrat Phil Bredesen said he would have voted for Kavanaugh. Veritas undercover video shows it was a big lie
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tennesee Senate race: Democrat Phil Bredesen said he would have voted for Kavanaugh. Veritas undercover video shows it was a big lie Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I have never seen so many campaign adds on TV here. Several back to back, at times. Lots of money being spent it looks like and the adds are all pretty well done, selling their own spin.

I've got yard signs out and have kicked in some cash.

Fingers crossed...

Its nuts the money and the ads they have out against Blackburn. I firmly believe the twit Taylor is some kind of paid arrangement as well, if not in cash than in some other exchange of power or influence.
The worst is the ad with all the assholes claiming to be republicans that will be voting for Bredesen.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its nuts the money and the ads they have out against Blackburn.

One radio ad is all but accusing her of drug trafficking. It is so hysterically over the top as to not be credible.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wtf is wrong with these people and the people that vote for them that they can’t win on merit but depend on deceit and fraud to win?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12718 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My neighbor, an old hippie, told me "Bill Lee was a complete asshole" and no one should ever vote for him. When I asked what caused that opinion he said "A friend of a family member was a *former* employee, and he (Lee) treated his employees like shit". Roll Eyes
Key here is *former*... red flag...

So I did a little basic research...

SNIP:
Lee Company: est. 1944 by Bill Lee's Grandfather, Bill Lee became President of the company in 1992. Lee company is now a $225 million mechanical contracting, facilities, and home services company with over 1,150 employees, and it is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee.

SNIP:
Lee Company is a Franklin-based provider of HVAC and plumbing services for residences and businesses that is known in and around Middle Tennessee for its strong Christian values and family environment.

SNIP:
The company was ranked No. 1 among a grouping of large local companies in a survey of employees conducted by WorkplaceDynamics.
Among Lee Company’s top redeeming qualities mentioned by employees in the survey are freedom to do your job to the best of your abilities, the family environment, the people and the attitude of the employees and senior leadership.

I'm good with that, carry on...

It's amazing how and why some people vote the way they do.
I have a Niece that voted for X one time... I asked why... she said because he was the only one I had heard of! Ugg... To her credit, older and wiser hopefully, she is now a Trump fan.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I think I'll go to town and buy some of those cheap solar spotlights and put them on my MARSHA and LEE yard signs. As dark as it is here with no street lights they will really pop. I haven't seen that done before.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
James O'Keefe went back and attempted to interview the Bredesen staffers as well as Bredesen...not a happy crew Big Grin...what a different scenario from the Dems getting into everybody they disagree with personal space...this is just one guy and they are scared shitless!...of course cockroaches will find safety in the dark, but run like hell when the light comes on!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/cwV9n_c9eTo

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marsha Blackburn up 14 percent despite Taylor Swift's plea for opponent Phil Bredesen in Tennessee race

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...en-in-tennessee-race

Taylor Swift's "End Game" may be to keep Marsha Blackburn from being elected to the Senate, but Tennessee voters appear to be shaking off the pop star's endorsement of her opponent.

On Sunday, Swift urged her 112 million Instagram followers to register to vote and cast their ballot for Blackburn's opponent, former governor Phil Bredesen. After her post, voter registration in Tennessee went up to 65,000 registrations in a 24-hour period. However, a new New York Times poll on Friday shows Blackburn is ahead of Bredesen by 14 points.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Marsha Blackburn up 14 percent

Man I hope that is accurate. Last I heard a few weeks ago, it was even money...

Swift's meddling might have actually backfired, maybe she forgot, many of us core TN hicks that actually VOTE said... she's dead to me... when she switched from county to pop!

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Come on Volunteer State, ignore the polls and vote for Blackburn like she's down by 1 !

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is Bredesen’s reaction when the local news questioned him about the video. Shocker I tell you.

https://www.wjhl.com/local/hid...-campaign/1520666509

Johnson City, TN - Days after the controversial confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, Tennessee Democratic Senate candidate Phil Bredesen is standing by his decision to support the confirmation of President Trump's SCOTUS pick.

But a newly released video using hidden camera footage claims Bredesen only said that to win votes in predominantly Republican Tennessee, a claim he denied in an interview Thursday with News Channel 11.

The video released earlier this week by the group Project Veritas Action includes what it said is footage of Tennessee staffers with Democrat Phil Bredesen's U.S. Senate campaign. The people were recorded without their knowledge while talking about Bredesen's decision to support the Kavanaugh nomination.

While speaking with a woman identified in the video as a journalist, the people in the video said Bredesen's support of Kavanaugh was a political move by the former Democratic Governor to appear moderate and win votes.

While in Johnson City on Thursday, Bredesen told News Channel 11 the person identified by a journalist was actually someone "from the other campaign" who intentionally deceived some of his young supporter.

"I think that's a reprehensible way to treat young people," Bredesen said.

His campaign spokesperson said the people in the video worked for the Tennessee Democratic Party - not the Bredesen for Senate campaign - and were not speaking for the candidate.

"There was someone who came in posing as a senior volunteer a grown up from the other campaign came in and doing that," Bredesen said. "And basically got these young people talking in that fashion."

"No one knows what was going through my mind but me," Bredesen said.

Mark Brown with Tennessee Victory 2018 confirmed the people in the video were not employed by Bredesen for Senate.

"That is a lie," Brown told News Channel 11 Thursday night. "They do not work for Bredesen for Senate. They were not passing along strategy information. They were passing around water cooler talk."

Brown said the woman identified as a "journalist" infiltrated the Bredesen campaign.

"She spent a month befriending these people," Brown said. "And then she shot this video of these young people talking about their opinion."

Project Veritas Action said the question of who the people in the video technically worked for misses the point, calling it a distinction without a difference. "The individuals captured in our report work on Bredesen's campaign through the TN Democratic Party, and in fact were recorded in his campaign office," said Marco Bruno, Project Veritas Action.

Abbi Sigler, a spokesman for Republican Senate candidate Marsha Blackburn. responded to the video. "Tennesseans are not ignorant, and in fact, they see through Phil Bredesen's phony campaign tactics and now they're seeing 'Phony Phil' at his worst," she said. "This is exactly the kind of 'say whatever to get elected' politics Tennesseans hate."

Bredesen said while he wishes a more in-depth investigation of the sexual assault claims had been conducted before the Kavanaugh vote, he stands by his announcement.

"I would have been a yes with all the information I had at the time I had to make that decision," he said.

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Come on Volunteer State, ignore the polls and vote for Blackburn like she's down by 1 !

Old news, she's up by about 14 now.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...en-in-tennessee-race

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
"There was someone who came in posing as a senior volunteer a grown up from the other campaign came in and doing that," Bredesen said. "And basically got these young people talking in that fashion."
Soooooooooooo, the folks you're employing as staffers for the Bredensen campaign are...morons. Got it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post