SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In Plattsburgh NY this Week for Son's Wedding
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Plattsburgh NY this Week for Son's Wedding Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
A few things to note, anybody north of Albany is above upstate New York and much nicer it seems.

No body likes to drive more than 3 - 4 mph over the posted speed when on the freeway.

Most everyone we've met absolutely hates Clinton and Baraaack.

We were in Burlington VT and the love affair with both critter previously mentioned has not ended. Oh and they are all for open migration with a distinct hate for Trump's enforcement of the laws Baraack put into place however; in the four hours we spent there I counted exactly one (1) black person, zero (0) brown or Asian peoples, and the rest (it was crowded) were white (some VERY white). Guess that makes them the the experts about the damage to the region, geography, and society as a whole illegal aliens cause.

Montreal is 45 minutes away and a blast and we'll spend a full day there on Monday after Sunday's wedding. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
A few things to note, anybody north of Albany is above upstate New York and much nicer it seems.

No body likes to drive more than 3 - 4 mph over the posted speed when on the freeway.

Most everyone we've absolutely hates Clinton and Baraaack.

We were in Burlington VT and the love affair with both critter previously mentioned has not ended. Oh and they are all for open migration with a distinct hate for Trump's enforcement of the laws Baraack put into place however; in the four hours we spent there I counted exactly one (1) black person, zero (0) brown or Asian peoples, and the rest (it was crowded) were white (some VERY white). Guess that makes them the the experts about the damage to the region, geography, and society as a whole illegal aliens cause.

Montreal is 45 minutes away and a blast and we'll spend a full day there on Monday after Sunday's wedding. Big Grin

I loved Plattsburgh. Ice fishing in January, Hockey on the lakes. Close to Montreal, great duck hunting. Pretty much a retirement paradise. Unfortunately I moved south for work.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:

Most everyone we've absolutely hates Clinton and Baraaack.

I loved Plattsburgh. Ice fishing in January, Hockey on the lakes. Close to Montreal, great duck hunting. Pretty much a retirement paradise. Unfortunately I moved south for work.

That's what I was thinking until she found out about the abundance of snow and i found out about the property taxes.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Vampire State. I spend probably 6 or 8 days a month in and around Plattsburgh for work, plus my mother and father in law live there too. It is very nice and culturally and politically more in line with the Midwest or the South. It's also largely a sportsman's paradise with an abundance of lakes, streams, rivers and ponds with a ton of good hunting and fishing. If we could separate from NYC, it would be nearly a perfect place to live.

I'm actually headed to Denver this week or I'd be up to Plattsburgh myself and would offer to get the first round of adult beverages. Maybe next time you're up in that neck of the woods. Safe travels and congratulations to your son!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is the only one that surprises me.

NY is just like every other state, in that it's the cities and surrounding suburbs that are the problem.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post