SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric pressure washer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric pressure washer Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
What does the forum suggest for a cheap but decent electric pressure washer? I'm looking for something for light duty tasks around the house, such as washing the car or spraying off the windows, deck, or driveway. Will likely only see use once a month or so.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I've had two over the years. They are handy.

100 bucks should get one. Lowes, Harbor Freight. Wouldn't worry about brand much.

Look for:
Hose length.
Turbo Nozzle for tougher jobs.
Soap injector.

Edit to add:
They all may have it but IDK.
A hose reel is real nice to have, my first didn't have one, second does.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even the worst you see is probably fine. I have a "Karcher" from Harbor Freight, made in China, probably of radioactive pot metal laced with cyanide, and even it's been running fine for a decade. I think it cost about $130.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
I had an electric Karcher. It lasted 16 months and started springing leaks. I bought a used gas operated one and haven't looked back. Dragging an electric cord around was a real PITA.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
We recently got one of those Greenworks ones Lowes sells for around 100 bucks. Seems like it does ok on vinyl siding and stuff like that. Can't comment on the durability or anything since we only got it a few weeks ago.

Now I kid you not on this, I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday and our anniversary (they are less than a week apart). She said, "I want a pressure washer I can use on the siding and outdoor furniture." So technically it's her pressure washer.

Done!!!

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Be careful you don't "Spray" the output hose with the high pressure nozzle, ask me how I know!

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't waste your money. Buy an inexpensive gas unit and start it every month or so. I've had two electric models since 2006. They just haven't held up for us.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougE:
We recently got one of those Greenworks ones Lowes sells for around 100 bucks. Seems like it does ok on vinyl siding and stuff like that. Can't comment on the durability or anything since we only got it a few weeks ago.

Now I kid you not on this, I asked my wife what she wanted for her birthday and our anniversary (they are less than a week apart). She said, "I want a pressure washer I can use on the siding and outdoor furniture." So technically it's her pressure washer.

Done!!!
Speaking of Greenworks, this one is Consumer Reports Best Buy for electric pressure washers.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know how it goes. I just picked up a Sun Joe XPS3000. It's one of the most powerful electrics and basically maxes out the power you can get out of an outlet.

Powerful 14.5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1.76 GPM for maximum cleaning power

I got it for $130 from Lowes during a sale.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have a 6 year old karcher, no issues. used about 6-8 times a year for several hours. if you do any floors with any electric washer, by a surface cleaner head....what they lack in power this thing makes up for in effective cleaning:
greenie one

karcher T series

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I've got an old Karcher I picked up at Costco years ago for a little over $100.

It's been perfect for my uses around the house a couple times every summer. I think it's a 1300psi model which seems fine.

If you have a big project or need more power go for the gas model. I don't need another fuel fed machine so it works.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I bought one from Harbor Freight and it did not perform very well. I replaced it with a $150 Sun Joe model that has about 2000PSI. It performs superbly. I use it to wash my pool deck, my driveway, my siding, etc. Very pleased with it.

Link

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I've had a "Pacific Hydrostar" 1650 PSI for several years. I don't even remember where I got it, or what I paid, but I'm sure it must have been cheap. It still works.

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post