SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Based on their current progress, they should make Brownsville, TX in mid-December. That's little late for an election-eve grandstanding.

Don’t underestimate the duplicity and conniving nature of the left...there are plenty of trucks in Mexico. These vermin need to be watched extremely closely. Armies can cover vast amounts of real estate when the need is great.

I don't underestimate them, and I agree with you. My point is that they aren't walking except when the cameras are on.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ants-heading-to-u-s/

Mexican News Outlet: Officials Say 14,000 Honduran Migrants Heading to U.S.

The Mexican El Universal news outlet is reporting that more than 14,000 Hondurans — not counting people from other countries who are marching toward the United States — are leaving that Central American nation to seek asylum here.
The news outlet reported that “municipal authorities,” the Catholic Diocese in the Mexican city of Tapachula, and the Mexican National Migration Institute (INM) provided the 14,000 figure.

“The first group walked for 37 kilometers from Ciudad Hidalgo to Tapachula on Sunday afternoon and was comprised by 5,333 children, women and men,” El Universal reported.

Later that afternoon 3,000 more men, women and children started “to walk under the rain.”

“Meanwhile, there are 3,000 children, women and men in the Ciudad Hidalgo International bridge, shared by Mexico and Guatemala, who are looking to enter Mexico with documents provided by the INM,” the news outlet reported.

Showers and toilets were also provided, according to the report.

The report also said the local officials were providing shelter, food, water, and even medical treatment as the Mexican Health Ministry is “vaccinating the children and carrying out blood tests.”

The report concluded with Guatemalan officials saying that they expect 3,000 to 4,000 more people to begin the trip soon to the Mexican border with the United States.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Time to start laying the mine fields at the border.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...the-caravan-n2531250

During an Oval Office meeting with President Trump on Tuesday afternoon, Vice President Mike Pence implied Venezuela may be behind the 7,000 person strong caravan moving north toward the United States.

"At the President's direction, I spoke to President Hernandez of Honduras. He told me that the caravan that is now making its way through Mexico, headed for the southern border, was organized by leftist organizations and financed by Venezuela," Pence revealed.

During a press briefing at the State Department Tuesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the caravan will not be allowed to enter the United States should it make it to the southern border.

"The United States also has a message for those who are currently part of this caravan, or any caravan which follows: You will not be successful at getting in to the United States illegally," Pompeo said. "The migrant caravan is violating Mexico's sovereignty laws and immigration procedures. The President will not stand for this to happen to the United States."

If this were to pan out, I know where a lot of sweet crude oil can be found to pay for the damage done by this turd.

Announcing the migrant caravan is “financed by Venezuela” is a direct notification the Central American invasion force is being funded by Russia and China. Venezuela doesn’t have any money to sustain its own operational government – let alone a 10,000 person convoy. Venezuela is entirely reliant upon massive investment from Russia and China.

In fact China owns 49% of Venezuela’s state run PDVSA energy production. A collateral system where Beijing takes oil as payment for prior loans the Maduro regime cannot pay back. With the crippling treasury department sanctions President Trump put on Venezuela last year, Trump has punched Maduro and Xi-Jinping hard.

With Mike Pence pointing a finger at Venezuela the politics behind the invasion force begin to make much more sense. The invasion objective takes on a geopolitical angle directly targeting a series of U.S. policies that are against the interests of Russia and China.

https://theconservativetreehou...nezuela/#more-155816

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TBH these caravans couldn't have come at a better time for GOP. This might prevent the Dims from taking the House altogether!

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Time to start laying the mine fields at the border.

You know, I was just thinking about this.

I remember when I was traveling through Israel. We went down to the Jordan River east of Jericho in the West Bank and I recall driving past areas that were desolate. Nothing living was out there and they were bordered by simple fencing. The fences had big yellow signs on them warning of minefields. They seemed to work pretty well over there.

Screw the "wall", just lay a 100 yard deep minefield along the border with warning signs facing south. "Welcome to the United States of America: Enter at your own risk."

Surely some would give it a go, but as Josey Wales so eloquently said, "Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms."

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's a mistake to regard these people as "the enemy". Someone earlier in this thread used the word "pawns," and that is exactly right. They are illiterate, unskilled, and destitute. In other words, ripe for exploitation by the real enemy, the leftists who thought up and are financing this scheme-- not only in Venezuela, but in the US and Mexico too, I'm sure.

We need to uncover exactly who they are-- name names-- and hold them accountable for this travesty. They need to be punished in every way possible, in the courts for their violations of the law, and outside of the legal system, by any means necessary.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Heh, heh. Zippy isn’t going to like this:

“President Trump retrieved an old video of Barack Obama speaking in favor of a strict immigration policy and surprisingly tweeted out his support for the statement Tuesday afternoon

Obama, who was a senator from Illinois at the time, said in the C-SPAN clip: 'We are generous and welcoming people here in the United States, but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.

'We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.' 

Trump wrote in response to the remarks: 'I agree with President Obama 100%.' …”

https://dailym.ai/2CAQcra

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
These roads go both ways. At this point we will not use lethal force to stop these individuals. They will enter this country. I would rather have some evaluation of them when they do so. However we do have a prison system busting at the seams. I think in fairness to everyone we make an even trade. We load up our finest prison specimens and drop them off in the center of these shithole countries 1:1 for the folks arriving. They can sort out a compromise with the locals. Should be interesting.
I would also let our new guests know that any felony conviction will result in immediate deportation of themselves and possibly their families since we don't want to separate them. I would let our recently released prisoners know that if they're caught on US soil again they will be arrested immediately and scheduled for deportation or death.
It seems simple enough and I know it will never happen. Unfortunately there isn't an easy solution to this growing problem.
I will add I have a midsize excavator, a farm tractor, and a small dump truck and am willing to donate a couple weeks of vacation to participate in a construction project in the south. I'm probably not alone. It wouldn't be easy but with some good coordination I'm willing to bet there are still enough Americans willing and able to work on such a project to Keep America Great!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1893 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
At this point we will not use lethal force to stop these individuals. They will enter this country.

That is the bottom line, isn't it?
We can't stop a mass rush of people without using lethal force. Are we willing to do so?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedmd:
At this point we will not use lethal force to stop these individuals.

Don't bet on it.

quote:
They will enter this country.

Don't bet on this either.

And, I'm with you. I'd happily take my Kubota down there to dig holes for landmines. Big Grin

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Whatever you may think of Michael Yon, this one hits it out of the park. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

"The three countries received a combined more than $500 million in funding from the U.S. in fiscal year 2017."
===

Cut it in half. If that does not work, keep cutting it in half month after month.

These countries should be amazingly wealthy. They live in a secure part of the world, other than from themselves. All three countries have access to the sea.

Honduras and Guatemala have access to the Pacific and Gulf of Mexico, with easy access to the United States and major markets across the world.

El Salvador sits right there on the Pacific.

All three countries have wonderful terrain. Wonderful weather. Wonderful resources. Incredibly lucky geography.

The problem is simple. The fish in the aquariums. Fill those places with Singaporeans, Japanese, Chinese, with Swiss, -- they'd be rich with growing sky rises within one generation. Well, Swiss maybe don't like the aesthetic of sky rises. I don't know. But they could.

But what do the locals do? Drag chickens and pigs onto buses and blame it on America. Blame it on the banana wars or whatever. Blame it on America even while over the decades they receive billions of dollars in various forms of aid and support.

Now, today, they march toward the United States while waving the flag of a country they flee.

The fish cannot take care of their own aquariums. Why should we take them in ours? So they can vote for free lunch? Don't we have enough MS-13?

Lock the gate.

If they crash the gate, fix bayonets.

If that doesn't work, send their bodies home.

Do not play with these people.

Do not apologize.

Just stop them.

http://michaelyon-online.com/t...A+Online+Magazine%29

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Heh, heh. Zippy isn’t going to like this:

“President Trump retrieved an old video of Barack Obama speaking in favor of a strict immigration policy and surprisingly tweeted out his support for the statement Tuesday afternoon

Obama, who was a senator from Illinois at the time, said in the C-SPAN clip: 'We are generous and welcoming people here in the United States, but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.

'We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.' 

Trump wrote in response to the remarks: 'I agree with President Obama 100%.' …”

https://dailym.ai/2CAQcra

First, I can't believe I'm saying this, I agree with Obama 100% too!

Second, DJT is the greatest troll ever. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It's a mistake to regard these people as "the enemy". Someone earlier in this thread used the word "pawns," and that is exactly right. They are illiterate, unskilled, and destitute. In other words, ripe for exploitation by the real enemy, the leftists who thought up and are financing this scheme-- not only in Venezuela, but in the US and Mexico too, I'm sure.

We need to uncover exactly who they are-- name names-- and hold them accountable for this travesty. They need to be punished in every way possible, in the courts for their violations of the law, and outside of the legal system, by any means necessary.
Sorry, but I'm going to disagree slightly with you. Many of these people may indeed be pawns, but that doesn't make them any less our enemy. A suicide bomber may well be a pawn in a bigger scheme, but once he strapped on that bomb and accepted the task, he became an enemy. These people walking through Mexico bring nothing of value to this country, and in every measurable way cause damage to the country. They may not be wearing bombs, but their very presence in the US causes damage to our country and its culture. They need to be treated as enemy invaders and dealt with as such.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I am surprised that I have heard nothing of troops being called to muster to address this situation. Stopping what has to be 15-20 thousand people will take serious manpower.

I can't fathom asking troops to shoot these people at the border. I also have to assume that there is a game plan for this very type of invasion from the south.

I don't know why but this caravan horseshit has consumed much of my mental power over the last 3 or 4 days. It sickens me that there is no wall yet.

If Federalism, sponsored by the northern states promised anything to the south, it was that this type of invasion would be stopped.

I put up with a lot of Donald's imperfections and in return I expected my wall. I want it and I want it now.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take every one of these fuckers, give them a meal, load them in a military transport and fly them back to whatever third-world shithole they come from. Calculate ALL expenses incurred, multiply it times 5 and deduct it from whatever aid we contribute to their country. If it happens again, do the same thing but increase the penalty to 10x's the cost. If again, 20x's. Eventually they'll get tired of walking...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Marine,

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 810 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't fathom asking troops to shoot these people at the border.

Why not? What is the purpose of the US military if not to repel foreign invasion?
They need to be treated as enemy invaders and dealt with as such.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point I would like the FBI to investigate who organized this cluster f—k and jail them. No plea bargen hard jail time. Someone bankrolled this and I want to know who!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
http://www.boblonsberry.com/writings.cfm

The Caravan of Crap

Where do they shit?

The Hondurans in the caravan, the 7,000 people walking north to America, where do they go to the bathroom?

And eat and sleep and store their clothes?

And how is it that after a week on the road they are clean and their hair and clothes are well kept?

How is any of this possible?

And why do these people, supposedly fleeing intolerable conditions in their homeland, carry little flags from their homeland and break into its national anthem when the TV cameras show up?

And speaking of which, for oppressed people, they all seem to be pretty well fed, well groomed and well dressed. Their hair is neat and newly cut, their clothes are clean and in good repair, and they are built like people who have had ample nutrition all their lives, being well developed and, many of them, overweight.

And none of them look dirty or unkempt, like they had been sleeping on the ground for the last week.

There’s just nothing in any of this that makes sense.

Supposedly, these several thousand people spontaneously decided to leave Honduras, walking north in a group, hoping to trek the length of gang-plagued Mexico and present themselves as refugees and prospective Democrats at the American border.

Which, again, makes no sense whatsoever.

And leaves a lot of big questions unanswered, and ignored by the press. Such as, who organized this? Who is paying for it? How have they covered 500 miles in a week?

Seriously. Any number of American “reporters” have walked beside a sympathetic walker and talked about how this particular woman and her children had trekked half a thousand miles over the last week or so.

That’s 71 miles a day.

The best soldiers through history have been able to march 25 miles a day.

How have 7,000 people been fed and watered? And how have they gone to the bathroom? If the average person across the world produces about a pound of solid waste a day, that means that these folks are somehow disposing of more than three tons of feces each day.

That’s a heck of a lot of crap, even for a Central American roadway.

Provisioning such an army of people – the equivalent of 10 combat battalions in most of the world’s militaries – is a large task. Transporting and distributing the food and water necessary to keep those people moving is a massive chore which the press says nothing about.

The entire enterprise, as a spontaneous ad hoc event, is implausible.

As an orchestrated international attempt to influence an American election, it starts to make sense.

And ought to alarm us.

Unless it’s only Russians we don’t want screwing with our democracy.

Unfortunately, none of this has made the evening news. It’s almost as if the press, in whatever scheme is afoot, gladly accepts its role as propagandists to the American people.

Every story is sympathetic, as if an attempt to enlist viewers and readers in this caravan and the politics it symbolizes.

And so the story is not about an orchestrated attempt to manipulate electoral opinion and violate the borders and laws of the United States, it is about compassion and Trump and xenophobia and racism. It is the October surprise, it is the Blue Wave.

And it is all nonsense.

Because all of these people, if legitimate, have the ability to apply for American asylum in their own country – as do the residents of most nations of the world. We have consulates and embassies for a reason, and this is one of those reasons.

We also have laws and an oath of office for a reason.

Laws, so that “we the people” through our elected representatives clearly and systematically govern our society. Law is the means by which the people express and exercise their sovereignty. Disobedience to law is disobedience to the will of the people, it is the subverting of their sovereignty and franchise.

Breaking the law is denying you the vote. Your vote elects representatives – lets you pick the country’s direction – and the representatives write the law. If that law is ignored, your representation becomes meaningless.

You get screwed.

And the oath of office?

Members of Congress – even Democrats – swear an oath to “bear true faith and allegiance” to the Constitution, which establishes our system of laws and specifically charges the Congress with making the rules of naturalization and immigration.

Who comes across the border and under what conditions they can stay is a constitutional responsibility of the Congress. That is to be determined by a congressional vote, not by a Honduran mob.

Failure to insist on that – even for Democrats – is a violation of your congressman’s oath of office.

So there is not a Democrat or Republican response to this travelling army of invaders – there is only an American response.

And that is: Turn around and go home.

Because the law of the United States does not allow a mass entry like this. The law does not declare the borders open.

If Democrats and progressives don’t like that, they can try to change the law. If America’s progressives want open borders and believe all the world’s people have a right to live in the United States – as they say they do – then they should adjust immigration law accordingly.

But until then, if they are to keep their oaths of office, they must stand for the law and the border.

And they must tell their surrogates to turn around and go home.

Because this caravan is nothing more than a bunch of political shit.

Bob Lonsberry.com

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
Take every one of these fuckers, give them a meal, load them in a military transport and fly them back to whatever third-work shithole they come from. Calculate ALL expenses incurred, multiply it times 5 and deduct it from whatever aid we contribute to their country. If it happens again, do the same thing but increase the penalty to 10x's the cost. If again, 20x's. Eventually they'll get tired of walking...

This, in spades. How about an emergency executive order to this effect? How about open debate on the floor so the democrats have to self identify as supporting a mass invasion. This “giving invaders rights because they’ve set foot on our soil” shit has got to end. Now.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post