SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So US/Mexico business slows to a crawl, the Mexicans and their government have had enough, and put some pressure on the migrants.

I think Trump is running this perfectly. Mexicans see income is way down and they take care of the problem themselves. No bleeding hearts in TJ.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The media has been interviewing the mother from the tear gas photo.

1. First she says nothing about asylum. She’s a single mother.
“I’m a single mother who wants to provide for my children.”

2. Next interview her story changes
“I came here for one reason, and that’s because there is a lot of violence in Honduras,”

3. Third interview she changes things again.
“told Reuters she was trying to bring her children to the US to reunite them with their father in Louisiana.”

So single mother with 5 kids but know where the father of the kids are and plans to join him. She’s looking to provide for the kids so she’s trying to cross over for economic reasons. Last is a vague mention of violence. This be no doubt her story will be elaborated and polished in the future.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534...y-shes-really-there/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
That concertina wire fence looks nasty. I wouldn't want to be trying to climb it or get through it.

flashguy

I had total fence-envy upon seeing that photo.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The leftist media must be befuddled and confused about the Mexican people speaking out against the invading horde. Not a peep in the news about the intolerant Mexicans...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The leftist media must be befuddled and confused about the Mexican people speaking out against the invading horde. Not a peep in the news about the intolerant Mexicans...

Racist assholes, they don't want their sovereignty violated, don't want annoying loud central American music blasting until 4AM, don't want their stuff stolen, and don't want their car insurance to go up because some uninsured Central American plowed into them while drunk with no insurance. Unthinkable. Next they are to be pissed that all the Central Americans are taking Mexican jobs.

I hate brown nationalists, I should dox them or try to get them fired from their jobs for such remarks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. San Ysidro is major border crossing with high traffic every day. There's a lot of people who commute through there and a lot of commerce that flows through it. Shutting it down will for any extended period of time will have an impact. The impact on Mexico will be more sever than the US side of the border.

I like it, shut down the border, give Mexico incentive to fix the mess.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. San Ysidro is major border crossing with high traffic every day. There's a lot of people who commute through there and a lot of commerce that flows through it. Shutting it down will for any extended period of time will have an impact. The impact on Mexico will be more sever than the US side of the border.

I like it, shut down the border, give Mexico incentive to fix the mess.

So I guess you could say, Mexico will be paying for the wall Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
TJ said they lost millions the other day they closed the border. The mall and small shops had to close in this holiday time frame.

On tonights news they are telling Mexico that they want better accommodations than the tents.
On that note, Mexico flew back over a hundred back to their country.

Posts: 1892 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“The tear gas used on migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border at the weekend, which prompted criticism of President Trump, was also used almost 80 times under the Obama administration, according to Homeland Security data.

Critics of Trump had denounced the action by federal agents as overkill when they used the tear gas to repel a crowd of migrants that included angry rock-throwers and barefoot, crying children.

But figures from the Department of Homeland Security, which emerged on Tuesday, show that the same gas was used more than once a month during the later years of Obama's administration…”

https://dailym.ai/2QmE0Bv

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
We should really put the pressure on Mexico.

Let's just be honest on this. Mexico let thousands of illegals travel 2,000 miles across Mexico to reach Tijuana. That never could have happened without Mexico support to let the illegals ride on vehicles.

If the caravan had to really walk across Mexico, the vast majority never would have made it.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Tijuana is complaining that they can't handle the strain...

this is entirely Mexico's problem - they should never have let them into the country in the first place

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Freakin' hasta, pendejos

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I wonder what the "respiratory conditions" stuff is all about. It's been a while since I've tried to breathe the air across the border from Tijuana, but on the Texas end there's toxic waste, burning industrial waste, human body waste...every now and again a plume will blow 400 miles north and everybody in CenTex gets to wonder what they've been breathing in.

Still nothing specific about respiratory ailments, but apparently lice and chicken pox are rearing their little heads, too.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/u-me...-dire-195604467.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtontimes.co...ant-caravan-shelter/

MEXICO CITY — The city government of Tijuana announced Saturday that it has closed down a migrant shelter at a sports complex close to the U.S. border that once held about 6,000 Central Americans who hope to get into the U.S.

Officials said all the migrants were being moved to a former concert venue much farther from the border. The city said in a statement the sports complex shelter was closed because of “bad sanitary conditions.”

Experts had expressed concerns about unsanitary conditions that had developed at the partly flooded sports complex, where the migrants had been packed into a space adequate for half their numbers. Mud, lice infestations and respiratory infections were rampant.

The remaining migrants were taken by bus to the new shelter about 10 miles from the border crossing at Otay Mesa and 14 miles from San Ysidro, near where people line up to file applications for asylum in the United States.

Tijuana officials had said earlier that nobody would be forced to move to the new facility, a large building and concrete patio known as El Barretal that was used for concerts and other events until about six years ago. But they also warned they would stop offering food and medical services at the Benito Juarez sports complex.

The new shelter is being run by federal authorities.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The new shelter is being run by federal authorities.

Here ya go, AMLO! Now be all humanitarian and stuff.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Sounds like whoever war originally financing these invaders has pretty much abandoned them.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere the other day that another caravan was forming.

Mexico might put up a little more resistance this time on their southern border after seeing the problems this one has caused.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let Mexico put the bite on Soros to move them out of Mexico.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Sounds like whoever war originally financing these invaders has pretty much abandoned them.

Their usefulness has diminished greatly since the election.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
I read somewhere the other day that another caravan was forming.

Mexico might put up a little more resistance this time on their southern border after seeing the problems this one has caused.

I think that is a safe bet and part of the plan by President Trump.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post