SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another border invasion caravan coming: Left hopes to whip up family separation storm before midterm Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Think in terms of which country has a greater lobby for US immigration and a larger group of sympathetic voters. Then think in terms of how much support and assistance Hondurans are likely to get in Mexico given that Mexicans and Hondurans regard each other as (surprise, surprise) mutually foreign people. Then, as long as you're at it, consider whether Mexicans will see the caravanners as getting chances to get into the United States that, from their perspective, perhaps should've gone to Mexicans instead.

So far the only things that Mexicans have tried to do for the caravanners are to get rid of them, and to let them know that they aren't exactly universally welcomed in Mexico.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Think in terms of which country has a greater lobby for US immigration and a larger group of sympathetic voters. Then think in terms of how much support and assistance Hondurans are likely to get in Mexico given that Mexicans and Hondurans regard each other as (surprise, surprise) mutually foreign people. Then, as long as you're at it, consider whether Mexicans will see the caravanners as getting chances to get into the United States that, from their perspective, perhaps should've gone to Mexicans instead.

So far the only things that Mexicans have tried to do for the caravanners are to get rid of them, and to let them know that they aren't exactly universally welcomed in Mexico.

I follow your points, but the only place I see them leading is that Hondurans will find themselves unwanted and unaccepted in both Mexico and the U.S., and all the more desperate. What else are you suggesting?

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If they're not allowed into the United States, and Mexico doesn't want them, where do they go?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
On Tucker Carlson, FOX , tonight a reporter filmed the caravan. He estimates it is 90-95% adult MALE. Very few woman and children like the rest of the MSM is showing.

The caravan is well supplied and well funded. The "Open Border" folks are behind much of this. I'd bet Sorros is funding it. As this is costing millions.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Tucker Carlson, FOX , tonight a reporter filmed the caravan. He estimates it is 90-95% adult MALE. Very few woman and children like the rest of the MSM is showing.

Yes, this was an informative segment.

Here's tonight's show - segment starts at 19:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKkYFM5qAo

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-border-scale-fence/

Video footage released by various Mexican news agencies show the first group of migrants with a caravan of 7,000 to 10,000 Central Americans have arrived at the United States-Mexico border.

Nearly 400,000 illegal border-crossers have crossed into the U.S. this year, as of last month. In October, nearly 51,000 border-crossers were apprehended, Breitbart News reported.

As Breitbart News has chronicled, though the establishment media has repeatedly claimed that the caravan is seeking to enter the U.S. to seek asylum, the Central American migrants have continuously admitted they are not seeking asylum.

Instead, the migrants are looking for jobs, crime-free communities, and many are previously deported illegal aliens who are looking to go back to their former, illegal life in the U.S. None of these cases is eligible as asylum claims.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep, and looky here, climbing over the border fence already.

And check out the demographics of these invaders- all young males.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The time is NOW to challenge this openly and get the shitbag dems to self identify as supporting this activity.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I don't want to put up any of these people in our spare bedroom. I don't want them crowding our hospital emergency room for free medical care. I don't want them taking up more parking spaces at our parks and seashores.
I don't want to pay their welfare with more taxes.
I don't want them burglarizing my car in the public parking lot.
I don 't want them voting in Broward and Palm Beach counties.

I don't want a lot of stuff.

Please, President Trump. Please.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We should be shooting at these assholes.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

why aren't these fences electrified..... I'd be down with solar power for day time periods
to appease the global terrorist warmer people.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
solar power

There's no water in the desert to feed either water cannon or the cell panels that generate solar power. Maybe a tennis ball launcher modified to shoot mini-sandbags would work?

Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Why aren't those fences topped with razor wire?

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
http://dcwhispers.com/illegals...#AqcZz0jPvZ67IDSW.97

UPDATE: Border officials added razor wire to the top and bottom of the fence at the Border State Park that divides San Diego from Tijuana, Mexico overnight Tuesday into Wednesday morning, according to Department of Homeland Security spokeswoman Katie Waldman. She released a few photos showing the newly added protective measure. (It appears the Trump administration acted quickly to halt the illegal advances over the fence, though, it is certain more such attempts will be made soon up and down the southern border. But for now – WELL DONE PRESIDENT TRUMP!)
Read more at http://dcwhispers.com/illegals...#tz8e1uOZvSuPFm4M.99

Photo embedded in linked article shows razor wire attached at top and at foot of steel wall fencing.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spray the fence with lithium greaze mixed with O.C. pepper spray

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

"Photo embedded in linked article shows razor wire attached at top and at foot of steel wall fencing."

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Spray the fence with lithium greaze mixed with O.C. pepper spray

It would be good for the fence too.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ROE should be....

1 - Strong warning to climb down off the fence.
2 - Warning shot with high powered rifle followed by final warning.
3 - Any remaining on the fence should be shot.

Even illiterate morons would get the hint.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Tensions mount as Mexico gets a dose of its own medicine. I wonder how they like the prospect of this problem "with no end in sight"?

quote:
Tijuana Mayor: Caravan Influx To Last At Least 6 Months
Elliot Spagat, Associated Press, Nov. 17, 2018

With about 3,000 Central American migrants having reached the Mexican border across from California and thousands more anticipated, the mayor of Tijuana said Friday that the city was preparing for an influx that will last at least six months and may have no end in sight. Juan Manuel Gastelum said there were 2,750 migrants from the caravan in Tijuana and that estimates by Mexico's federal government indicate the number could approach 10,000. "No city in the world is prepared to receive this - if I'm allowed - this avalanche," he said during a news conference at City Hall. "It is a tsunami. There is concern among all citizens of Tijuana."

U.S. border inspectors are processing only about 100 asylum claims a day at Tijuana's main crossing to San Diego, creating long waits. Asylum seekers register their names in a tattered notebook managed by migrants themselves that had more than 3,000 names even before the caravan arrived. Along the nearly 3,000 miles (nearly 5,000 kilometers) from the caravan's origin in San Pedro Sula, Honduras, to this city on the Pacific Ocean, the migrants have stopped in most places for only a single night, with some exceptions. That overwhelmed small towns in southern Mexico in particular - but only briefly. The migrants' expected long stay in Tijuana has raised concerns about the ability of the teeming border city of more than 1.6 million to handle the influx.

Pleading for financial support from the Mexican government, Gastelum sternly warned migrants against criminal behavior, though authorities reported only seven arrests so far - five for drug consumption and two for disorderly conduct. "Supposedly they are fleeing catastrophe, mistreatment in their countries of origin. How is it possible that they arrive here and, if they want, create disorder?" the mayor said. "It's not right."

His language linking the latest arrivals to crime underscores how the caravan is already testing Tijuana's proud history as a melting pot for immigrants, a tradition that Gastelum also highlighted. A municipal gymnasium and recreational complex that has been converted to a shelter was expected to register up to 1,000 people Thursday night but ended up housing more than 2,000, including more than 400 children. Tijuana officials said they opened the shelter as part of an effort to keep migrants out of public spaces. The city's privately run shelters are meant to have a capacity of 700.

At the municipal shelter, long lines formed for showers and meals of tuna casserole or noodle soup with coffee. Outdoor canopies covered rows of mattresses and blankets. A woman singing Mexican "ranchera" music on a loudspeaker drew a small crowd, while men congregated in circles to play cards. Eighteen new portable toilets on a grass field made bathroom lines disappear.

U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to make the caravan a campaign issue in last week's elections, took to Twitter on Friday to aim some new criticism at the migrants. "Isn't it ironic how large Caravans of people are marching to our border wanting U.S.A. asylum because they are fearful of being in their own country - yet they are proudly waving...their country's flag. Can this be possible? Yes, because it is al a BIG CON, and the American taxpayer is paying for it," he said in a pair of tweets.

Migrant Ronald Calderon, who picked coffee beans back in Honduras, said he would seek asylum in the U.S. if he felt there was a 90 percent chance of success. But he figures the odds are long and doesn't want to risk being deported, so he hopes to find work and settle in Tijuana. "I see Donald Trump talks about us as criminals and killers, and I don't think an opportunity may present itself," said Calderon, 23. Andrea Ramirez, 42, said that her siblings were killed by gangs in Honduras and that she registered her name Friday to seek asylum in the U.S. "The only thing we want is to not go back to Honduras," Ramirez said.

Also Friday, another caravan set out from Mexico City heading toward the border.

Gastelum, the mayor, wondered why the migrants chose Tijuana instead of other Mexican cities on the U.S. border, vaguely suggesting a sinister plot without elaborating. "There is an intention to do things badly. There is an intention to prejudice Tijuana, and we cannot allow that," he said.

His comments marked a contrast to a more welcoming tone from other officials. Francisco Rueda, the top deputy to Baja California Gov. Francisco Vega de la Madrid, said Thursday that the state had 7,000 jobs available for any migrants who obtain legal status in Mexico. Gustavo Magallanes, director of Baja California's migrant attention agency, said Friday that the state is doing the best it can at a difficult time and that, nearing the end of the year, agencies at all levels of government lack funds. The governor had also asked federal officials to speak to their U.S. counterparts about possibly accelerating asylum processing, he said.

Magallanes said the governor had not ordered that more migrants be prevented from arriving in Tijuana, but said state officials were telling people in the caravan they might get processed faster in Mexicali because the list in Tijuana is so long. Magallanes said it was "likely" the migrants could be waiting in Tijuana for four to six months. The state government plans to push them to regularize their immigration status in Mexico so they can be offered work. He said he could not speak for Tijuana's mayor but believed his comments had been misinterpreted. "We are looking for the best way for these Central American migrants...to be able to be in the best situation in this state," Magallanes said.

Some editing for space. Original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/migr...-stay-050505086.html

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump, who sought to make the caravan a campaign issue in last week's elections, took to Twitter on Friday to aim some new criticism at the migrants. "Isn't it ironic how large Caravans of people are marching to our border wanting U.S.A. asylum because they are fearful of being in their own country - yet they are proudly waving...their country's flag. Can this be possible? Yes, because it is al a BIG CON, and the American taxpayer is paying for it," he said in a pair of tweets.

Leave it to the pos leftist press to reverse everything; Trump didn't make this a campaign issue, the left did. In spades.

And his statement about it being a con is spot on. These vermin are not coming here to be Americans. They are coming to wallow in our largesse. Waving their flags and burning ours is all the proof of this I need to see.

I HATE the lying media.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post